Voting NO is the only option

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You get paid what you’re worth, if you feel you’re worth more than $40/hr vote no.

I don't have an issue with the pay, except that people keep mentioning 40/hr. That's not coming until the end of the contract. To be more accurate you should say "if you want raises that should about keep pace with inflation, vote yes". That's what the increases are. If top rate went straight to 40 that might make me ignore some of the worse parts of the contract.

You feel pension needs an increase, vote no.

Aren't the pension contributions increasing?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I don't have an issue with the pay, except that people keep mentioning 40/hr. That's not coming until the end of the contract. To be more accurate you should say "if you want raises that should about keep pace with inflation, vote yes". That's what the increases are. If top rate went straight to 40 that might make me ignore some of the worse parts of the contract.

Aren't the pension contributions increasing?
So then what you’re saying is that our wages and raises should mirror local inflationary numbers.....interesting. Well then you do understand that in a lot of places drivers are over compensated and thus others are vastly under compensated.
Pension contributions seem to be increasing yet the pension funds are redefining the peer 80 payouts. Mainly employees without 30 years of service.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So then what you’re saying is that our wages and raises should mirror local inflationary numbers.....interesting. Well then you do understand that in a lot of places drivers are over compensated and thus others are vastly under compensated.
Pension contributions seem to be increasing yet the pension funds are redefining the peer 80 payouts. Mainly employees without 30 years of service.

That's an interesting take on what I wrote. I was just trying to say that the people who use the 40/hr as a selling point for the contract aren't exactly being straightforward. 40-41/hr in 4-5 years will be approximately equal to the 36 and change we have as top rate now. It's fine that our buying power likely won't diminish, but it's not exactly something to use to push the contract.

As for your issue of localized cost of living, that's more complicated than I want to get into right now. But I agree with the general idea that a flat wage rate across the nation would mean that some people's effective wages will be higher than others'. Though I don't know if I agree that any drivers are overcompensated.