Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

BigJamesBrown

You don't feel like we are giving anything back?

Think about it, You do not see a future were full time drivers are being phased out in favor of a lesser paid driver that has no protection written into the contract and they can be used and abused in anyway shape or form that UPS see fit? And tell me why anyone would want to be a member of such a weak union organization that can offer no protection to its members. Why would they be willing to pay union dues for no protection? And without union dues how can the union survive without members? Pensions of retirees and future retirees will be affected because of the lack of membership. See, this contract is the beginning of the end of the union. And with this contract, UPS is finally on the road to breaking the union. Something they having been working on since 97.
Hmmmm
That is what is in this proposed contract....
And to think that once we concede to these conditions then the 22.4 position will become to more prominent within the business structure of UPS. Once ratified, the percentage of full time drivers to combo drivers will continuously become more in the favor of UPS.
What you said! Just think about the lousy contract we have now, the current full and part-timers are miserable under this UPS contract! The language in the current contract it's not making anyone happy as is because we are all miserable with tha working conditions of today. Fast-forward, enter the 22.4 driver with no language to protect them from UPS,. and they will have us to think for selling them down the river.:boat: Instead of calling them 22.4 drivers they should be called the "Born dead", because they never had a chance..
Just think about all of the complaint that the current crop of full and part-time workers have about working conditions, grievances, forced overtime ,starting hourly rate, abuse by management, pay rate progression, etc etc. None of the issues that we are having today have been address with language that's worth a squat. All I've read is oh well we don't think UPS will do this, and we don't think that UPS will do that no, quite frankly that's not good enough! We need a swing in momentum to let those guys know (the union and UPS) that the road to Glory runs through the Workforce i e me and you baby!!! Let's send these guys a message to let them know that they will never ever again be able to bite the hand that feeds them without repercussions and consequences, let's vote this contract down...

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I didn’t put all of my thoughts here because I want people to decide for themselves. I just shared how I voted and a little insight into why.

I don’t plan on arguing any points since I already voted. I’m sure the “NO!”voters already did as well, yet continue to yell at everyone about it

Some may be "yelling", but many of us are just fighting back against the yessers that are using deception, misdirection, and scare tactics to try and trick people into voting yes. I don't have an issue with anyone getting on here to state their opinion. But if you list nonsensical reasons to support your position, you can expect someone to straighten you out.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I didn’t put all of my thoughts here because I want people to decide for themselves. I just shared how I voted and a little insight into why.

I don’t plan on arguing any points since I already voted. I’m sure the “NO!”voters already did as well, yet continue to yell at everyone about it
As long as you own that vote for 5 years!

wide load

Some may be "yelling", but many of us are just fighting back against the yessers that are using deception, misdirection, and scare tactics to try and trick people into voting yes. I don't have an issue with anyone getting on here to state their opinion. But if you list nonsensical reasons to support your position, you can expect someone to straighten you out.
FDE859CF-3BB0-4F05-B63C-BA900576C212.jpeg
You mean like this guy?

wide load

I know, you have to be over 62 hours to not be forced to work over 60 hours. Makes sense to me. Double time is all right, triple would be more in line with Hoffa's reaction to UPS implementing the 70-hour week last peak. But I guess that was just politics...
Agree 100%. Fake outrage! But really, he could care less.

Froome

If Hoffa was concerned, we wouldn't have to work over 60 at all. Pay doesn't solve all problems. Sometimes we like to see our families. You know its bad when you get home at 8 pm and your daughter asks why are you home early.

davidix

The only thing I like about the new contract is the 9.5 list. I want less hours not more.

But then I've been talking to people and a manager told me nothing will change with the routes. He even laughed. The routes are still going to be blown out.

I voted no! I dont want to work 70 hours I dont want to be replaced by hybrids. I dont want to see a mass shooting by hybrids that are ready to end themselves.

The only thing I like about the new contract is the 9.5 list. I want less hours not more.

But then I've been talking to people and a manager told me nothing will change with the routes. He even laughed. The routes are still going to be blown out.

I voted no! I dont want to work 70 hours I dont want to be replaced by hybrids. I dont want to see a mass shooting by hybrids that are ready to end themselves.
I also like less hours. I rarely work over 9.5. But if it changes and I have to, the extra revenue stream will be nice.

noazrk

Union Steward
I voted no as a senior part-timer, we are really sore about new hires getting bumped up $3.50 and the agreement has a ZERO catch-up raise. Part-timers who went through 3-4 peak seasons for the company are making the SAME as a new hire! The union is stating it's a good deal because we aren't paying for benefits and getting a pension increase. While that is true, full-time drivers are getting year 1,2,3 increases of $2 to $3.50! Yet there isn't even room for a lousy 25 cent increase for senior part-timers! Also, the GWI in year one is the SAME (70 cents) as it was 5 years ago, 10 years ago and even LESS than 15 years ago! That needs to go up at least by a dime.

Full-timers should vote it down because of the 22.3 job, paying drivers 25% less to deliver on the weekends? Doesn't make sense to me.

Thead Shi

N is for neglect to the drivers and part timers.
O is for overrated ‘wins’ we get.

Really wish ther was more letters because I had a a lot of reasons why this is a :censored2:ty deal

Over disciplined0123

Folks ,

We , the people , the backbone,heart eat and spirit of this beloved corporation are being sold down river , very , very cheap . We can do so much better than what is being shoved down our throats or up our rear ends . What our Teamster negotiation committee members are tentatively agreeing to is so beneath what we deserve . Let's start with the wages , yes we are already paid nicely but we "earn" it , dont we !!! . What is $4.15 over 5 years , roughly 83 cents a year . What happened to the days of $1.00 , $1.25 , hell 95 cent raises ? U.P.S. recieved such a nice tax cut , from 35% to 21% , and this is the best they can do ? , "NO" !!! . They are forecasted to net 6 , six , BILLION dollar profit this year alone (then add newly added tax cuts ) . We live in the most prosperous nation in the world , our economy is exploding . I'm not getting into politics ,however we have a "BILLION" dollar President , a businessman at that . Why should we vote "NO" is a no brainer ? It's our time , we deserve more , the economy is ripe, tax cuts on businesses , labor shortages, CDL driver shortage , we control the shipping industry all adds up to "it's there for the taking " . This might be our last time in a while to capitalize on all that is front of us . The most that can happen if we fail to vote "no" is we move ahead with this subpar contract , BUT if we were to overwhelmingly vote "NO" we send our representatives back to the table with so much more to gain , folks U.P.S. will bend , but we have to ask for it . We have to continue to engage our fellow coworkers, we have to use all tools available such as SOCIAL MEDIA , flyers , text , emails , parking lot meetings , Union hall meetings. We can do this folks , dont settle for this low ball offer , when we have so much more to gain at such a fruitful time . A vote "NO" does not mean we will go on strike , they still have til July 31st to wrap this up , but if a yes vote now will only get you what is being offered , and our representatives get to go back to playing golf and fancy dinners and vacays. Let's make them work for us , is that to much to ask ?? Remember this , what might be a nice contract for a senior feeder driver looking forward to retirement in a couple years , might look like crap to a new hire part time who is paying his dues , same thing for a combo employee and a package car driver . All that glitters , is not gold . Lastly , I will leave you with this , U.P.S. wants to succeed, so do you , corporate wants the numbers to keep going up , we want our bank accounts to keep thriving , our time with our families going up . Right now what is being offered is only a scratching of the surface of what we could have . And "NO" , I do not want a strike , that's why we send them back to the table to negotiate, but if we dont come together you will never no what you could have had . Unity folks , we can do this !!!!
"VOTE NO "
Well said and agree to the book you just wrote

Over disciplined0123

I just hope that there is a 3rd Party overseeing the electronic voting outcome. Because I know it will be over 75 % NO votes. If it passes I hope all of us teamster UPS workers come together and raise hell ,Will it be fixed or even can it be fixed

vote yes!!!!

I just hope that there is a 3rd Party overseeing the electronic voting outcome. Because I know it will be over 75 % NO votes. If it passes I hope all of us teamster UPS workers come together and raise hell ,Will it be fixed or even can it be fixed

Just curious why you think there will be a 75% no vote? At my center its 85% yes, and the other 4 centers in the local are also yes.