Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are creating a lower paid driving job with no overtime protection.
With no true cap on the amount of hybrid drivers allowed.
the Package Division Director and UPS President of Labor Relations shall be allowed to adjust the limit based on demonstrated service need.
Vote No.
Don't wait 5 years to fix these concessions

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
as long as work is available. why have that language in the master in the first place? they try to sell it with "well if your local supplement has 40 hour protection than dont worry" what about the supplements that have no or week language? what about the supplements who get a leadership change down the road and the local language gets bargained away? why would you say that certain language in the master is ok because i have protection against it? why would you be ok voting yes for something that you need to protect yourself from and hope you stay protected forever? so now every time you negotiate your local supplements, time and effort must be used to keep your negotiated protection from that master language you say is oh so good. there is a reason for every word in that master.

I totally agree. I just don't understand how people think like that, or say it with a straight face. It is so obvious that it shouldn't even need to be said that you need to pass a master on its merits and the supplementals are secondary. But the people who think passing a garbage master is ok because of their supplementals? The depth of their illogic is astonishing. It's a downward spiral, we'll be chasing our tails right to rock bottom if we don't wake up.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They are creating a lower paid driving job with no overtime protection.
With no true cap on the amount of hybrid drivers allowed.
the Package Division Director and UPS President of Labor Relations shall be allowed to adjust the limit based on demonstrated service need.
Vote No.
Don't wait 5 years to fix these concessions

There will be no fixing. Once they're there, it's over. The next contract they'll be telling us that it's only 50% of drivers that will be 22.4, it's no big deal. In ten years they'll be saying, "what's a ground driver?"

I cleared out Firefox after visiting this site. While browsing a local movie theater, this ad popped up.

"IN YOUR AREA: Amazon Package Handler and Warehouse. Now hiring, $17/hr may include hourly bonuses. Benefits options available after first 90 days. $500 sign-on bonus."

And guess what? I searched my zip code and they have multiple positions available. I can apply for this job across multiple job posting platforms.

How can someone in need of work turn this down in favor of UPS?

10.50 to 17 is a huge difference. Proposed article 22.4's will be overworked, underpaid positions worse than what Amazon and FedEx are already doing today.

What incentive exists, today, to join UPS over AMZ/FDX? The lucky 22.4's will still be making less than jobs that exist today at competitors.

What incentive exists to join UPS if article 22.4's are a reality?

Non sequitur

Ups 22.4 is better. No pay healthcare and a pension. The only thing better with the competition is the stress level. Which might be a good consideration for quality of life. It's the difference between choosing a job or career.

I cleared out Firefox after visiting this site. While browsing a local movie theater, this ad popped up.

"IN YOUR AREA: Amazon Package Handler and Warehouse. Now hiring, $17/hr may include hourly bonuses. Benefits options available after first 90 days. $500 sign-on bonus."

And guess what? I searched my zip code and they have multiple positions available. I can apply for this job across multiple job posting platforms.

How can someone in need of work turn this down in favor of UPS?

10.50 to 17 is a huge difference. Proposed article 22.4's will be overworked, underpaid positions worse than what Amazon and FedEx are already doing today.

What incentive exists, today, to join UPS over AMZ/FDX? The lucky 22.4's will still be making less than jobs that exist today at competitors.

What incentive exists to join UPS if article 22.4's are a reality?
Future bigger pay checks and benefits. What does Amazon offer? OensiPe, paid time off, healthcare? A chance to make 100k??

km3

I don't disagree with you that part timers should make more, however if you add in pension and benefits the compensation is way better than Amazon.

Amazon has benefits, according to the original post. And nobody counts pension because nobody retires from a part-time job. It's a stepping stone. I've never met one person who would rather have more pension contributions and less wages for a part-time position. It's wasted money.

I feel the same way. Whatever money is being contributed to the pension on my behalf, I'd rather just have added to my wages. Heck, they don't even have to give me all of it--I'll take half.

Amazon has benefits, according to the original post. And nobody counts pension because nobody retires from a part-time job. It's a stepping stone. I've never met one person who would rather have more pension contributions and less wages for a part-time position. It's wasted money.

I feel the same way. Whatever money is being contributed to the pension on my behalf, I'd rather just have added to my wages. Heck, they don't even have to give me all of it--I'll take half.
You may feel different about that later in life.

Just remember the money they put into your pension you arwnar paying any Federal,state,local, social security or medicare taxes on that money

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If 22.4 are working split shifts(pre load, night sort) how are they doing the same job as a driver? I don’t work 4 hours on the sort then driver for 4. So 22.3 and 22.2 that took a full time job and also deliver should make top rate also.
So you already know how the shifts will be broken up? What about a shift of air driving the ground driving? What about EAM driving and then a a 12 hour ground shift? Stop limiting your mind in to hoping what those jobs can be. Think of how UPS can bastardize them.

km3

You may feel different about that later in life.

Just remember the money they put into your pension you arwnar paying any Federal,state,local, social security or medicare taxes on that money

No I won't. This a part-time job. I'm using it while I pursue my current goals, and then I'll move on to something better. I don't need money being contributed to a fund that won't have any money in it anyway by the time I'm old enough to collect.

If I were FT, it would be a different story. Part-time pensions do not make sense. The money could be better spent.

No I won't. This a part-time job. I'm using it while I pursue my current goals, and then I'll move on to something better. I don't need money being contributed to a fund that won't have any money in it anyway by the time I'm old enough to collect.

If I were FT, it would be a different story. Part-time pensions do not make sense. The money could be better spent.
If you have 5 years in...you will get some kind of a pension or maybe a buyout offer after you separate from employment.

Non sequitur

Then why are you posting here. UPS is a big company I'm sure they can figure it out