Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

Froome

It's a scheduling issue, and they may be pushing the rules some. I'd have to go back and look at the specific language in our rider, but they do a weekly schedule, if you are scheduled all week, you are golden. Then they fill out the dispatch daily, since I'm scheduled as "call in" I check the dispatch at night to see what I will be doing the next day. There is a difference between being "call in" and "on call". The language I can recall at the moment mentions the last two drivers on the dispatch are on call up to a certain time.

One of our stewards is a trustee in the local, and he's a bit of a bull dog when it comes to the rules, so I am fairly certain the scheduling is being done in accordance with the contract. But since you brought it up, I will look into it to make sure. We had a local sort sup who was trying to change the start times daily, and he got shut down real quick.

Check with your BA, they usally hae to give you 24 hr notice of a start time change. If they tell you at 5am you start at 430 tomorrow, thats mot 24 hr notice and are notrequired to be there until 5, thats the earliest 24 hr notification you got. Verify with BA before. Supplement may be different.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Check with your BA, they usally hae to give you 24 hr notice of a start time change. If they tell you at 5am you start at 430 tomorrow, thats mot 24 hr notice and are notrequired to be there until 5, thats the earliest 24 hr notification you got. Verify with BA before. Supplement may be different.

My rider is different. Schedule is set Friday before the following week, start times are locked in.

Froome

I'm a driver, I haven't kept up with all the pt language. I just know mgmt has no clue when it comes to start. Everyday there is a new message taped to the outbound door with the next days start time for pt. Then I will hear the new start time anounced over the intercom for pt. It's never the same. As a driver our time is consistant.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just thought I'd mention it. In our bldg they are really bad about changing start times daily. Best of luck to you.

I appreciate it, but I didn't have a problem with the set up. Just pointing out that the master will effect areas differently, which is why the master should be ratified, or not, on its own merits, not based on supplemental language.

Froome

I agree each needs to read it and make their own decision, but most of all, vote. However, if you do vote no on the master,, should vote no on supplement. The reason is the supplement addresses the language in the master and that won't be reflected if sup passes and master doesn't

undies

I voted yes. Mulled over it for a long time, re-read parts of the contract many times. Also talked to many different people with varying perspectives. In the end I feel that I made a vote based on knowledge and yes, feelings.

I was most concerned with the 9.5 language not being stronger and how the 22.4 jobs would affect us long term.

Contract isn’t perfect, but I don’t feel like we’re giving anything back the same way we did with the last contract, mostly regarding my health coverage.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I voted yes. Mulled over it for a long time, re-read parts of the contract many times. Also talked to many different people with varying perspectives. In the end I feel that I made a vote based on knowledge and yes, feelings.

I was most concerned with the 9.5 language not being stronger and how the 22.4 jobs would affect us long term.

Contract isn’t perfect, but I don’t feel like we’re giving anything back the same way we did with the last contract, mostly regarding my health coverage.
You posted 2 of your major concerns, yet not a single positive yet voted yes? Interesting thought process.

BigJamesBrown

Feeder driver on Deck, I voted no for the national and no for the supplement. I've only been here for 6 months or so and the progression is killing me and others like me. I hear some of the senior guy say it's not fair to the company or to the other guys that went through progression, and I don't think fairness is the case at all. It is fair because we have fulfilled or obligations under the old contract.
We are no longer be holding to what UPS has done to us or for Us in the past. I ask senior senior guys at what point do you take credit for building the UPS house and make it better for the next guys coming in? The fact that these guys are defending UPS is Ludacris, when you consider that the practices are only making worse conditions for the workers that subjected to UPS's unfair treatment of its workers. I also believe that the 24.5 will only further divide the workers, also I do not believe that UPS is doing enough for its part-time workers in the form of hourly rate! All of these concessions and give me seem like just another path to the same old same old a downward spiral to the we can't take it anymore place, by then it will be too late. More money, better working conditions, stronger language on the Grievances, protecting the part-time worker and a greater capacity, and no 24.5
:thumbup1::2guns:

gman042

Been around the block a few times

You don't feel like we are giving anything back?

Think about it, You do not see a future were full time drivers are being phased out in favor of a lesser paid driver that has no protection written into the contract and they can be used and abused in anyway shape or form that UPS see fit? And tell me why anyone would want to be a member of such a weak union organization that can offer no protection to its members. Why would they be willing to pay union dues for no protection? And without union dues how can the union survive without members? Pensions of retirees and future retirees will be affected because of the lack of membership. See, this contract is the beginning of the end of the union. And with this contract, UPS is finally on the road to breaking the union. Something they having been working on since 97.
Hmmmm
That is what is in this proposed contract....
And to think that once we concede to these conditions then the 22.4 position will become to more prominent within the business structure of UPS. Once ratified, the percentage of full time drivers to combo drivers will continuously become more in the favor of UPS.

Last edited:

undies

I didn’t put all of my thoughts here because I want people to decide for themselves. I just shared how I voted and a little insight into why.

I don’t plan on arguing any points since I already voted. I’m sure the “NO!”voters already did as well, yet continue to yell at everyone about it