Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

Undertow

It is going to pass because most people are too lazy to vote on something that is very important. Then the Teamsters vote for you and they want more dues money coming in.
That's a legitimate concern and there's always far too big a portion of members either too weak or too apathetic to take a stand or at least get engaged in the process, but I do think there's at least a decent chance that there will be a far better voting turnout for this "Tentative Agreement" than the utterly pathetic total of around 65,000 total that showed up in 2013.

I can't speak for other areas, but in my building nearly all the full time hourlies vote. I have never not voted on a contract and cannot understand why so many would neglect to do so. There's not many, if any, rational arguments to be made for forfeiting one's best chance to improve conditions regarding the workplace.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Fat and happy and do not want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs every Friday.
contract-signs-july-final-no-bleeds_Page_05_large.jpg

Undertow

Fat and happy and do not want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs every Friday.
I can think of perhaps all of 2 drivers in my building that would meet that criteria where both often appear somehow exempt from the rules and norms all the others are subject to. Other than them, I don't see much in the way of "Fat and happy" among the full time ranks. The morale among the semi drivers is somewhat better in my area as they aren't saddled with the direct fallout from the ineptitude of the ORION implementation, but I'm not convinced that group by itself is enough to get Hoffa's and Taylor's latest mass giveaway over the top in a vote.

We need a ratio of far better than 1 out of 4 eligible to vote in deciding his thing. When less than 25% bothered to vote the last time, that simply sent a message that a strong majority of workers didn't care enough about how lousy conditions would become. Sure enough, working conditions have indeed become far worse than seen 5 years ago.

Kelgirl

NorCal leadership has suggested their members vote no on the Master and Supplement.
I just attended a Union informational about our new cintract. This contract is all about the benefits for feeders drivers package car drivers and part-timers that want to become drivers. If you are a part timer and this job is just a supplement to a full-time job then VOTE NO on this contract. There is nothing in this contract for us and it seems like Union leadership doesn't give a crap. I've got 18 years with UPS. New people coming in or going to be starting out with a $2 raise but us veteran seniority employees are getting nothing we're going to get our regular $0. 70 how about UPS bump us up $2 and then give us our yearly raise. This contract is a NO go for us

jagger john

I just attended a Union informational about our new cintract. This contract is all about the benefits for feeders drivers package car drivers and part-timers that want to become drivers. If you are a part timer and this job is just a supplement to a full-time job then VOTE NO on this contract. There is nothing in this contract for us and it seems like Union leadership doesn't give a crap. I've got 18 years with UPS. New people coming in or going to be starting out with a $2 raise but us veteran seniority employees are getting nothing we're going to get our regular $0. 70 how about UPS bump us up $2 and then give us our yearly raise. This contract is a NO go for us
in fla 32 year driver contract offer is from 1980 are union pres has to go now vote noooooooooooo

reginald95

Those 18 years have afforded you the best vacation choices, inside jobs, and the option to go home early over lower seniority guys when they start sending people home.

Kelgirl

Those 18 years have afforded you the best vacation choices, inside jobs, and the option to go home early over lower seniority guys when they start sending people home.
lower wage than any clerk, driver, or feeder. There are no inside jobs where I work. Late jet means staying late. My 18 years have also meant WEAR and TEAR on the body, not fresh like the newbies getting a $2.00 increase . I and my fellow seniority employees DESERVE the $2.00 bump up AS WELL.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Boggles my mind that people find it important that exercising seniority play a role in not getting paid???

I always thought the contract should be designed to protect our right to work, not our right not to work, aside from compensable time.

SMH

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Boggles my mind that people find it important that exercising seniority play a role in not getting paid???

I always thought the contract should be designed to protect our right to work, not our right not to work, aside from compensable time.

SMH

What is wrong with it doing both?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

SMH
I always have this conversation. Some guy wanting to go home and claiming seniority when seniority was created for earning opportunities, not the other way around.