Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

gorilla75jdw

Folks ,

We , the people , the backbone,heart eat and spirit of this beloved corporation are being sold down river , very , very cheap . We can do so much better than what is being shoved down our throats or up our rear ends . What our Teamster negotiation committee members are tentatively agreeing to is so beneath what we deserve . Let's start with the wages , yes we are already paid nicely but we "earn" it , dont we !!! . What is $4.15 over 5 years , roughly 83 cents a year . What happened to the days of $1.00 , $1.25 , hell 95 cent raises ? U.P.S. recieved such a nice tax cut , from 35% to 21% , and this is the best they can do ? , "NO" !!! . They are forecasted to net 6 , six , BILLION dollar profit this year alone (then add newly added tax cuts ) . We live in the most prosperous nation in the world , our economy is exploding . I'm not getting into politics ,however we have a "BILLION" dollar President , a businessman at that . Why should we vote "NO" is a no brainer ? It's our time , we deserve more , the economy is ripe, tax cuts on businesses , labor shortages, CDL driver shortage , we control the shipping industry all adds up to "it's there for the taking " . This might be our last time in a while to capitalize on all that is front of us . The most that can happen if we fail to vote "no" is we move ahead with this subpar contract , BUT if we were to overwhelmingly vote "NO" we send our representatives back to the table with so much more to gain , folks U.P.S. will bend , but we have to ask for it . We have to continue to engage our fellow coworkers, we have to use all tools available such as SOCIAL MEDIA , flyers , text , emails , parking lot meetings , Union hall meetings. We can do this folks , dont settle for this low ball offer , when we have so much more to gain at such a fruitful time . A vote "NO" does not mean we will go on strike , they still have til July 31st to wrap this up , but if a yes vote now will only get you what is being offered , and our representatives get to go back to playing golf and fancy dinners and vacays. Let's make them work for us , is that to much to ask ?? Remember this , what might be a nice contract for a senior feeder driver looking forward to retirement in a couple years , might look like crap to a new hire part time who is paying his dues , same thing for a combo employee and a package car driver . All that glitters , is not gold . Lastly , I will leave you with this , U.P.S. wants to succeed, so do you , corporate wants the numbers to keep going up , we want our bank accounts to keep thriving , our time with our families going up . Right now what is being offered is only a scratching of the surface of what we could have . And "NO" , I do not want a strike , that's why we send them back to the table to negotiate, but if we dont come together you will never no what you could have had . Unity folks , we can do this !!!!
"VOTE NO "

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He isn't dead
3AB83B67-1BA5-4F8A-9765-CCFFA6B60F4A.jpeg
Yes... this dude is long gone....

gorilla75jdw

Nice novel
Thanks bud , its lengthy but I wrote it in the most simplest terms so that folks such as Fred Flintstone and Spock could be able to interpret what was being shoved down our throats. All B.S. aside , we are brothers and I respect your opinion, hopefully we all can educate and lift up each other , not tear each others down ??

Last edited:

No offense man but it's still way better than this...
Everybody has different experiences. You would probably have a different perspective if you got out and saw ups/ibt culture from more than one angle. I don’t know any union reps or mgmt (in operations) that have experience in 5 or more areas. Each local have different cultures along with the buildings of which they represent.

DOK

Nice novel
Thanks bud , its lengthy but I wrote it in the most simplest terms so that folks such as Fred Flintstone and Spock could be able to interpret what was being shoved down our throats. All B.S. aside , we are brothers and I respect your opinion, hopefully we all can educate and lift up each other , not tear each others down ??

It’s getting ratified, part timers far out number fulltimers, and the part timers look at this as a windfall, we’re doomed.