W2 error?

UPS4Life

Just got the bright idea to compare my w2 to the last check I got and my w2 is $40 less than my ytd. Everything else is the same. Does anyone else have this problem or can give some advice on what to do or who to ask?

jaker

trolling
What check you compared it to , because the the last day of the year didn't end on the last check of the year

Kae3106

Your paycheck shows gross earnings. Your W2 shows taxable earnings. These are often not the same. Do you have any pretax deductions such as 401k or insurance premiums? These types of items will reduce your taxable earnings for your W2.

UPS4Life

Your paycheck shows gross earnings. Your W2 shows taxable earnings. These are often not the same. Do you have any pretax deductions such as 401k or insurance premiums? These types of items will reduce your taxable earnings for your W2.
Yes I have 401k and I see the difference on box 1 but box 3 is 40$ off my gross. I know it's only 40$ but I just want to make sure it's correct.

UPS4Life

That's what I guess I'll do. Everything is matches the fed tax social security local and state tax so since they're alright I guess unless someone says otherwise it's ok. Just wanted to get others opinion it seemed unusual.