Waiting for conference call

Max out? Is there a max to pension contributions?

Put your raise in your 401k. It'll go much farther that way.

Throwing more money at a broken system is asinine.
I believe the pension has a max. The more you contribute, the more the payout. My pension is doing alright. Our 401k is the last place I would put it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I believe the pension has a max. The more you contribute, the more the payout. My pension is doing alright. Our 401k is the last place I would put it.
You don't contribute anything to your pension and the more you contribute the more the payout? Lmao tell that to all of the failing pensions out there that have thousands per year being put in on their behalf.

@UpstateNYUPSer could tell you. Their contributions have done nothing but went up. Yet their pension is about to slashed by about 40%

Over 26k a year is going into the pension plan and part of my raises. Guess what I'm getting out of it????
I don't see ups giving you 26k a year. If so, I would take it. But not put it in a 401k with crappy rules.
Ups puts in about 18k into mine and reruns about $2800 a year. So about 15%.

Brownslave688

I don't see ups giving you 26k a year. If so, I would take it. But not put it in a 401k with crappy rules.
Ups puts in about 18k into mine and reruns about $2800 a year. So about 15%.
Around $500 a week here.

I'm still waiting on an explanation as to how terrible the 401k is......

I think you're very confused on how all of this works. Pensions are nowhere near a 15% return.

I figure I'll have 20 years in before I even break even on my contributions. Let alone see any return

Around $500 a week here.

I'm still waiting on an explanation as to how terrible the 401k is......

I think you're very confused on how all of this works. Pensions are nowhere near a 15% return.

I figure I'll have 20 years in before I even break even on my contributions. Let alone see any return
The 401k is basically the same as any other investment account. But has crappier rules.

I calculated 2800 (payout) divided by 18000 contribution. About 15%, right?

Brownslave688

The 401k is basically the same as any other investment account. But has crappier rules.

No 20,800 would be a 15% return.

That's more like negative 85%

And once again crappier rules? Like tax deferment low fees and payroll deductions?

Brownslave688

So a monthly payout of 2800?

$2800 a month out and 18k a year in for 30 years. It'll be 16 years into retirement before you break even.