Waiting for conference call

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I put 18000 in the bank and they give me 2800 for it, that would be about 15%. In 10 years I would receive 28000 off that 18000.
Like I said you're really confused somehow.

The difference is you still have access to the 18k. In a pension you don't.

Brownslave688

My numbers may be a little off too. Don't remember the exact contribution.
My point is you have to live awhile into retirement to even break even on pension contributions let alone come out ahead.

With a 401k or any investment you could die 1 day into retirement and your family still gets all of that money

My point is you have to live awhile into retirement to even break even on pension contributions let alone come out ahead.

With a 401k or any investment you could die 1 day into retirement and your family still gets all of that money
Yes, but it wasn't my money. My money is elsewhere. Too much stuck into the 401k.

When I'm dead I don't need the money anyway. If I die 1 day into retirement, it was a big waste of time and money.

Brownslave688

Yes, but it wasn't my money. My money is elsewhere. Too much stuck into the 401k.

When I'm dead I don't need the money anyway. If I die 1 day into retirement, it was a big waste of time and money.
Not a waste if my wife and kids get to enjoy the fruits of my labor for years after I die.

You're obviously not grasping this at all so I'm done.