Wal-Mart Massacre...

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I'm not making a joke here.

In NY, crowds entering a Wal-Mart on opening on Black Friday trampled a temporary employee to death, destroyed the entrance of the store.

I'm having a hard time understanding why this story affects me so much - I don't live there, I don't know anyone involved. People die senselessly every day, but for some reason, this story has really gotten to me.

Have we all turned into savages?

If it were a store that had food and the shoppers were all starving to death, it would bother me, yet it would maybe have the ability to be explained. These are shoppers buying Christmas presents for God's sake.

This world, its' people, are sick. I'd find a way to charge the whole lot with murder if I could.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will bet that, in some office somewhere, there are some Wal-Mart big shot corporate execs who are sitting there rubbing their hands together and laughing with glee over this incident. Business must be good when people are literally killing one another to spend money at your store.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I will bet that, in some office somewhere, there are some Wal-Mart big shot corporate execs who are sitting there rubbing their hands together and laughing with glee over this incident. Business must be good when people are literally killing one another to spend money at your store.

Sick thing is? You are probably right. Next year, what, they have fire hoses at the entrance?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, the sick thing is that Wal-Mart will probably be sued, and lose, for this.

Why would that be sick? WalMart created the unsafe work environment and then put the employees in harms way. I would sue them in a heartbeat for wrongful death.

I can recall one Black Friday when WalMart had some big sale items. The crowds here became such that they had to call the State Police for crowd control.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think everyone there before the doors open should be charged with loitering. I can't believe people, and even people I know, will stand in line to shop. EEKKk

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I want to see the video, how the doors were forced open, how the mob trampled , who stepped on the downed employee, who refused others who tried to come to his aid, those that complained when the store was forced to close.
Lets put those faces on the FBI's most wanted list.

brother in brown

Not really all that related to the original post, but alot of mom and pop stores go outta business all the time over that store - or the number of mom and pop stores that dont open up and do they're thing because of the store. Sometimes it's worth a dollar more for a product to go into these stores that are left.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Not really all that related to the original post, but alot of mom and pop stores go outta business all the time over that store - or the number of mom and pop stores that dont open up and do they're thing because of the store. Sometimes it's worth a dollar more for a product to go into these stores that are left.

WalMart employs a predatory business strategy.

They move into a community and sell items at a loss, temporarily sacrificing profits in order to undercut prices to the point where the local competition cannot compete and is driven out of business.

Once the small, local businesses are driven under, the prices go back up.

Often, WalMarts will "consolidate". They will open a new store in an adjacent community and close down the old one, leaving behind the bleached carcass of a dead storefront....as well as the small businesses it destroyed.... and forcing customers into their cars for a long drive to the new one.

Walmart's "health plan" is simple---they hand out forms to their employees to obtain state-funded health coverage. Many Walmart employees also qualify for food stamps. WalMarts definition of "full time" employment is 32 hrs a week. WalMart is a net drain on social services for the communities that it occupies.

Walmart doesnt support local charities, little league teams or other community activities. Money spent at WalMart is siphoned out of the community and sent straight to Bentonville Arkansas, and from there to China. WalMart doesnt bank locally...it doesnt buy supplies locally...and it doesnt hire services locally. It is nothing more than a gigantic parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of the community that it infests.

WalMart is a great place to go... if you are willing to trample one of their minimum-wage employees to death in order to save $50 on a piece of plastic, Chinese-made crap.

Can you tell I have an attitude about WalMart?:angry:

chev

Nightcrawler
Why would that be sick? WalMart created the unsafe work environment and then put the employees in harms way. I would sue them in a heartbeat for wrongful death.

I can recall one Black Friday when WalMart had some big sale items. The crowds here became such that they had to call the State Police for crowd control.
I think WalMart is definitely responsible for crowd control and the safety of their employees and customers. You are dead on.:wink2:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
WalMart employs a predatory business strategy.

They move into a community and sell items at a loss, temporarily sacrificing profits in order to undercut prices to the point where the local competition cannot compete and is driven out of business.

Once the small, local businesses are driven under, the prices go back up.

Often, WalMarts will "consolidate". They will open a new store in an adjacent community and close down the old one, leaving behind the bleached carcass of a dead storefront....as well as the small businesses it destroyed.... and forcing customers into their cars for a long drive to the new one.

Walmart's "health plan" is simple---they hand out forms to their employees to obtain state-funded health coverage. Many Walmart employees also qualify for food stamps. WalMarts definition of "full time" employment is 32 hrs a week. WalMart is a net drain on social services for the communities that it occupies.

Walmart doesnt support local charities, little league teams or other community activities. Money spent at WalMart is siphoned out of the community and sent straight to Bentonville Arkansas, and from there to China. WalMart doesnt bank locally...it doesnt buy supplies locally...and it doesnt hire services locally. It is nothing more than a gigantic parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of the community that it infests.

WalMart is a great place to go... if you are willing to trample one of their minimum-wage employees to death in order to save $50 on a piece of plastic, Chinese-made crap.

Can you tell I have an attitude about WalMart?:angry:

Ya think?

Remember when WalMart's big thing was "Made in the USA"?

av8torntn

:

Statement from Wal Mart.

"At Wal-Mart, we believe in a philosophy of operating globally and giving back locally. We are proud to be a "store of the community" for all of the communities we serve by helping to provide financial and volunteer support to more than 100,000 charitable and community-focused organizations, and by utilizing our locations to provide opportunities for our customers and associates to give back."

"At Wal-Mart, we’re proud to offer our associates a host of benefits, including affordable health and dental coverage, 401(K) / profit-sharing plans, and bonuses and other incentives."

I think most of what you posted about Wal Mart is simply untrue.I know here and I am not in Arkansas that Wal Mart supports the local little league teams. They also supported our local National Guard troops that were deployed to fight terrorism. Here is a link to fact sheets on Wal Mart activities.

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/FactSheets/

Overpaid Union Thug

It is not Wal-mart's fault that a bunch of idiots had a "herd mentality" and trampled someone to death so that they could be first in line to buy a damn flat panel television. If these peons will run over one part-time renta-cop then I doubt a couple of extra wouldn't have mattered either.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It is not Wal-mart's fault that a bunch of idiots had a "herd mentality" and trampled someone to death so that they could be first in line to buy a damn flat panel television. If these peons will run over one part-time renta-cop then I doubt a couple of extra wouldn't have mattered either.
According to several security personnel this situation happens quite frequently. Wal-mart has a least one every year. They invite these things in order to get free press, they really enjoy seeing mobs of people crowding into their stores.
The orderly way of handling this mob would have been to have security personnel out front giving out numbered tickets & then only letting in a few at a time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They said on the news that last year at this same location the Walmart had bent door frames from the crowd pushing & jamming in the store.

tieguy

Banned
I want to see the video, how the doors were forced open, how the mob trampled , who stepped on the downed employee, who refused others who tried to come to his aid, those that complained when the store was forced to close.
Lets put those faces on the FBI's most wanted list.

the sad thing is many people may have stepped on the guy and kept going out of fear of they theirselves falling and getting trampled.

MAGUI90

LiL Azn
that's terrible news, all for some stupid sale...I mean geeze...Black Friday happens every year! what's the rush!!?? I feel sad...