Wal-Mart Massacre...

Overpaid Union Thug

The family of the victim has filed a wrongful death suit against WalMart, the Long Island mall and Nassau County and its police department.

Why not go ahead and include the mayor, the governor, the surrounding states, the United States, or President Bush (he's blamed for everything else so why not), Canada, etc., on that list of all the people that didn't even cause his death? This is pathetic. Just one more sign of the times I guess.

stringerman85

Why not go ahead and include the mayor, the governor, the surrounding states, the United States, or President Bush (he's blamed for everything else so why not), Canada, etc., on that list of all the people that didn't even cause his death? This is pathetic. Just one more sign of the times I guess.

What times? people were sueing over coffee being too hot back in the 90's (mc'donalds)....:happy-very: unless that's considered the times to you

stringerman85

WalMart employs a predatory business strategy.

They move into a community and sell items at a loss, temporarily sacrificing profits in order to undercut prices to the point where the local competition cannot compete and is driven out of business.

Once the small, local businesses are driven under, the prices go back up.

Often, WalMarts will "consolidate". They will open a new store in an adjacent community and close down the old one, leaving behind the bleached carcass of a dead storefront....as well as the small businesses it destroyed.... and forcing customers into their cars for a long drive to the new one.

Walmart's "health plan" is simple---they hand out forms to their employees to obtain state-funded health coverage. Many Walmart employees also qualify for food stamps. WalMarts definition of "full time" employment is 32 hrs a week. WalMart is a net drain on social services for the communities that it occupies.

Walmart doesnt support local charities, little league teams or other community activities. Money spent at WalMart is siphoned out of the community and sent straight to Bentonville Arkansas, and from there to China. WalMart doesnt bank locally...it doesnt buy supplies locally...and it doesnt hire services locally. It is nothing more than a gigantic parasite that sucks the lifeblood out of the community that it infests.

WalMart is a great place to go... if you are willing to trample one of their minimum-wage employees to death in order to save $50 on a piece of plastic, Chinese-made crap.

Can you tell I have an attitude about WalMart?:angry:

Everything you stated is actually very true...And I agree with it all, Couldn't have nailed it more

stringerman85

According to several security personnel this situation happens quite frequently. Wal-mart has a least one every year. They invite these things in order to get free press, they really enjoy seeing mobs of people crowding into their stores.
The orderly way of handling this mob would have been to have security personnel out front giving out numbered tickets & then only letting in a few at a time.

Definately agree...For being the wealthiest company in the country you would think they would have a more responsible way of handling these type of shopping days....If people were hanging outside this store at 9pm the night before you should expect they're going to be rowdy by the time the store opens, And you can't tell me the mob of people weren't showing signs of danger moments before they opened, Banging on the door and what not, I would have never opened that door

over9five

Staff member
Good point as well. I guess the above named defendants were easier to identify.

That's exactly right. But I think you have to have no morals, no honor to go for the money wherever you can get it, regardless of if your defendents actually had anything to do with the act.
I couldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's exactly right. But I think you have to have no morals, no honor to go for the money wherever you can get it, regardless of if your defendents actually had anything to do with the act.
I couldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Moral decay.....that's what brought Rome down. Looks like we are headed in that direction as well.

govols019

You smell that?
Maybe....

But a mob broke through locked doors. I blame the mob of idiots.

The articles I saw never said that. The stampede happened at the time of the stores opening, did it not?

Wal*Mart put the situation that caused the mans death in place. They SHOULD be sued.

Moral decay? A man is dead and you're upset with his family. I have to wonder about your morals.

over9five

Staff member
The articles I saw never said that. The stampede happened at the time of the stores opening, did it not?

From msnbc:
NEW YORK - A Wal-Mart worker was killed Friday after an "out of control" throng of shoppers eager for post-Thanksgiving bargains broke down the doors at a suburban store and knocked him to the ground, police said.

Wal*Mart put the situation that caused the mans death in place. They SHOULD be sued.

Well lets sue every store in America that ever has a sale. We'll all get RICH!!!!

Moral decay? A man is dead and you're upset with his family. I have to wonder about your morals.

I'm upset with everyone who wants to get rich off of a tragedy. I believe I clearly said I hold the mob of idiots responsible.

govols019

You smell that?
Broke through doors and broke through locked doors are two completely different things. From what I remember, wasn't it the weight of the crowd pressing against the doors trying to get in at opening time that caused them to break?

Not every store in America put their employees in a position of danger. What happened at that store was no accident. It was a foreseeable event. Wal Mart, and any other place of employment, has a responsibility to protect their workers. The management at that store saw the crowd massing outside and failed to act.

Hell yeah the mob is responsible but so is Wal Mart. You can't blame one while washing the hands of the other clean.

I missed the quote where the family said they wanted to "get rich" from this. They lost a family member and they're pissed. I don't blame them.

over9five

Staff member
All I'm saying is blame the responsible party. It's much easier to assign blame to a faceless entity.

But it was PEOPLE who did this. It's hard to make oneself believe that PEOPLE are responsible. WalMart, the Police Dept, and the County did not do this.
We won't believe that our neighbor, our friend, our family member broke down that door and trampled that man until he was dead, and then wiped the blood off their shoes and continued to shop. It's easier to blame WalMart.

All I'm saying is for me, I wouldn't hold a faceless entity responsible for the actions of a lawless mob just to make some easy money.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Don't forget this temporary employee was picked to stand by the front doors because of his large size; 6' 5" & 270 lbs. He had no training in crowd control.