Walmart anti-union video leaked

JL 0513

Talk about a massive oversimplification. Did you read the article I posted a few days ago about the cronyism of Wal-Mart corporate heads and government subsidies? If only economics and markets were as free, cut and dry as you describe.

I replied to that post. Walmart doesn't receive government subsidies, even indirectly as you prescibe. On the contrary, they hand over many billions of dollars to the government.

If you think because some Walmart employees have to go on assistance that this in turns means a Walmart subsidy is ludicrous. Even if you were to make this argument, just part of the taxes Walmart pays covers all of this assistance.

And people seem to overlook the fact that the big companies that put mom and pops out of business pay more than mom and pops. The smallest businesses pay closest to minimum wage. Big companies offer better wage progression. As well as better benefits.

Overpaid Union Thug

Lost it at "most union members shop at our stores, and I hear them complain about their jobs and their union representatives".

Yes, my job sucks and my reps aren't around as much as I'd like. But my high school diploma and union card gets me 3 times more per hour what it would get me at Walmart.

EDIT: I also don't know of any self-respecting union worker that shops at Walmart on the regular.

I know of plenty. Where else is there to go? There are no union shops in the area that sell any of the products. No self respecting consumer is going to drive an hour (or more) to the nearest unionized big box store.

Overpaid Union Thug

I guess Kroger is union? But my wife and I both use Food Lion, Walmart, Public, and Kroger. Thats all we have near our house. It's at least an hour to the nearest Costco.