Walmart anti-union video leaked

JL 0513

Leftists are so compassionate but they'd like nothing more for the majority of businesses to be out of business. They've named tons of them specifically. Wouldn't it be great if we were more like Ethiopia. Apparently that is what Utopia looks like. Every one of their policies would lead us there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Leftists are so compassionate but they'd like nothing more for the majority of businesses to be out of business. They've named tons of them specifically. Wouldn't it be great if we were more like Ethiopia. Apparently that is what Utopia looks like. Every one of their policies would lead us there.
It's sad that this is a partisan issue to some people.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Wal-Mart has more subsidies and handouts than anyone...or pretty close to it. I find it sad that people actually defend the Waltons and ignorant people that shop there, helping subsidize their fortune even more.

JL 0513

What facts are you referring to?

Just trying to figure out what you could disagree with in that post. It's reality.

It's sad that this is a partisan issue to some people.

It is sad, but it's simple economics. One side understands it, the other does not. There's where it becomes partisan. Dems only look at the shallow surface of an issue and takes a stance based on that empty emotion. You don't think of any consequence through at all. Every compassionate policy ever put in place by the left has accomplished the opposite of what it was "intended" to do.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just trying to figure out what you could disagree with in that post. It's reality.
All of it.
It is sad, but it's simple economics. One side understands it, the other does not. There's where it becomes partisan. Dems only look at the shallow surface of an issue and takes a stance based on that empty emotion. You don't think of any consequence through at all. Every compassionate policy ever put in place by the left has accomplished the opposite of what it was "intended" to do.
Well that was all very vague.
I'm not even going to address your infusion of politics into the conversation. Bottom line is that you don't think Walmart can afford to pay a higher wage, I simply disagree.

JL 0513

Wal-Mart has more subsidies and handouts than anyone...or pretty close to it. I find it sad that people actually defend the Waltons and ignorant people that shop there, helping subsidize their fortune even more.

Except that they paid $7,100,000,000.00 in taxes last year (32.4% of all their earnings). You can thank 'em anytime you want to.

You probably hate Exxon/Mobil too right, and all those "subsidies". They gave $21 billion in taxes to this society last year. If we eliminated all these big companies we'd be nothing but a hellhole, like so much of this world.

Last edited:

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg

JL 0513

All of it.

Well that was all very vague.
I'm not even going to address your infusion of politics into the conversation. Bottom line is that you don't think Walmart can afford to pay a higher wage, I simply disagree.

It's politics. It's what it is.

Walmart's starting wage has been increased this year and another good jump next year. $10/hr next year on day one. Much more than the Federal minimum wage. Pretty close to UPS's new starting wage in a union. And UPS is much more ball busting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's politics. It's what it is.

Walmart's starting wage has been increased this year and another good jump next year. $10/hr next year on day one. Much more than the Federal minimum wage. Pretty close to UPS's new starting wage in a union. And UPS is much more ball busting.
So then why would a union hurt Walmart?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Except that they paid $7,100,000,000.00 in taxes last year (32.4% of all their earnings). You can thank 'em anytime you want to.

You probably hate Exxon/Mobil too right, and all those "subsidies". They gave $21 billion in taxes to this society last year. If we eliminated all these big companies we'd be nothing but a hellhole, like so much of this world.
You hate liberals and then champion taxation. :D

The problem is that a good portion of wal-marts revenue is due to systematic poverty. I have no problem with a successful business independent of government interventions.

Those $10/hr jobs include what types of h/w plans and pension? UPS may be ballbusting but you can create a decent future for yourself. Apples to oranges...

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

The problem is that a good portion of wal-marts revenue is due to systematic poverty. I have no problem with a successful business independent of government interventions.

Those $10/hr jobs include what types of h/w plans and pension? UPS may be ballbusting but you can create a decent future for yourself. Apples to oranges...
Sad, at best, isn't it? My neighbor is a 20 year Walmart employee. She's up to about $20/hr.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I do hate all these mega-corporations that corner markets and drive out the competition.
This country is wrought with them now and it is fueling the instant gratification "something for nothing" stock market mentality that is suckling the life out of our country.
We live under antiquated antitrust laws, that are in desperate need of overhaul.

JL 0513

How am I championing taxation? Simply responding to someone saying they are subsidized and get handouts. People need to understand the massive amount of money they pay. Conservatives are against taxation, but it needs to be kept low and for the basics.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How am I championing taxation? Simply responding to someone saying they are subsidized and get handouts. People need to understand the massive amount of money they pay. Conservatives are against taxation, but it needs to be kept low and for the basics.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/walmart-government-subsidies-study

The report estimates that Walmart and the Walton family—which co-founded the company and still owns a majority share—collectively profit from nearly $7.8 billion per year in federal subsidies and tax breaks.

Oh? :D

JL 0513

Really?

Because someone who doesn't earn enough and goes on government assistance, this in turn is a "Walmart subsidy". That's pretty funny. I've heard this before and figured someone would bring it up.

It's sad that people can't understand why there has to be and always will be a baseline wage. We could make it $15/hr and that would soon after become the new poverty wage. Everything would go up as inflation would accelerate to match this new baseline. Before long, $15 is worth what $10 is today and we're in the same boat. But before all that happens, millions of people lose their jobs in small margin businesses. Restaurants, retail, etc... These places replace humans with more automation, demand more productivity and so forth.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I do hate all these mega-corporations that corner markets and drive out the competition.
This country is wrought with them now and it is fueling the instant gratification "something for nothing" stock market mentality that is suckling the life out of our country.
We live under antiquated antitrust laws, that are in desperate need of overhaul.

You mean like UPS and FedEx.

They cornered the market and drove out DHL ground, Rush, RDS and countless other local delivery couriers.

Or do you just mean the companies that you don't work for, like Walmart, Target, etc?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You mean like UPS and FedEx.

They cornered the market and drove out DHL ground, Rush, RDS and countless other local delivery couriers.

Or do you just mean the companies that you don't work for, like Walmart, Target, etc?
All of them, in every industry.
Competition is good for everybody, all the way down to the consumer.