WalMart - Ohhhh, the liability of it all.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Interesting I know a girl whose insurance covered nothing for the accident she had while delivering pizza. Told her she needed special insurance to cover her while working.

They won't give it away easily. They'd have to be sued or just settle out of court. Once it goes that way, the injured's lawyer is going after all the money they could get. I could also potentially see an employee who was badly hurt suing Walmart, by claiming that if they weren't delivering for them the accident wouldn't have been possible. Sure, they'll fight back, but with big money at stake there's always a lawyer willing to take that on.

Johney

They won't give it away easily. They'd have to be sued or just settle out of court. Once it goes that way, the injured's lawyer is going after all the money they could get. I could also potentially see an employee who was badly hurt suing Walmart, by claiming that if they weren't delivering for them the accident wouldn't have been possible. Sure, they'll fight back, but with big money at stake there's always a lawyer willing to take that on.
There's no WalMart is just going to give employees stuff to drop off on the way home w/o the employee filing out paperwork and stuff that would confuse even the best of attorneys. Just sign here and we'll pay you a little extra money.

clean hairy

It took them over a week to get rid of the one days worth of packages that were caught in the system when the strike was called. For the most part all they did was call the customers and tell them to come get their stuff. That "atta boy" plaque is nothing to be proud of.
Truth be told, the plaque is just a fancy participation award!

trickpony1

Never going to happen --at least not for a couple of years and I doubt even after that.

I wouldn't be too sure.
I don't recall ever seeing the fervor, turmoil and dilemma this early in any presidency.

I'm afraid they will either impeach him or create a situation not unlike JFK.

The system exists to perpetuate itself. Trump isn't part of the system (unlike our last president).

beentheredonethat

I think Wal-Mart can take care of them.
I know I've delivered thousands of packages out of my personal vehicle.
I delivered a ton too, although not in the last 5 years. However, a friend of mine when he was a preloader supervisor back when PAS was just going in was working 14+ hour days and at EOD, was dropping off packages to drivers on his way home with his car. He fell asleep at wheel and got in an accident. UPS did not cover anything. They left him out to dry. He paid for the deductible, he got dinged on his insurance. Since he didn't have rental coverage for his vehicle, he ended up taking a week vacation while his car was in shop in order to avoid paying for rental car. That really pissed me off about UPS and how they treat us partners.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I delivered a ton too, although not in the last 5 years. However, a friend of mine when he was a preloader supervisor back when PAS was just going in was working 14+ hour days and at EOD, was dropping off packages to drivers on his way home with his car. He fell asleep at wheel and got in an accident. UPS did not cover anything. They left him out to dry. He paid for the deductible, he got dinged on his insurance. Since he didn't have rental coverage for his vehicle, he ended up taking a week vacation while his car was in shop in order to avoid paying for rental car. That really :censored2: me off about UPS and how they treat us partners.

Partners!! BWAHAHA!!!

You can't be serious

clean hairy

I delivered a ton too, although not in the last 5 years. However, a friend of mine when he was a preloader supervisor back when PAS was just going in was working 14+ hour days and at EOD, was dropping off packages to drivers on his way home with his car. He fell asleep at wheel and got in an accident. UPS did not cover anything. They left him out to dry. He paid for the deductible, he got dinged on his insurance. Since he didn't have rental coverage for his vehicle, he ended up taking a week vacation while his car was in shop in order to avoid paying for rental car. That really :censored2: me off about UPS and how they treat us partners.
Was he on the clock when this happened?
If he was not on the clock, but was instructed to perform this work, even if he volunteered to do this work, there are issues.
"Employees shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the employer"
Also, "when an employee is using their own vehicle in the service of the employer, UPS will provide all insurance"
if off the clock, that would have resulted in 2 grievances.
1) to be paid for the time.
2)UPS not providing insurance for use of his personal vehicle while in the service of UPS, and paying for the damage to his and the other persons vehicle.

beentheredonethat

Was he on the clock when this happened?
If he was not on the clock, but was instructed to perform this work, even if he volunteered to do this work, there are issues.
"Employees shall be paid for all time spent in the service of the employer"
Also, "when an employee is using their own vehicle in the service of the employer, UPS will provide all insurance"
if off the clock, that would have resulted in 2 grievances.
1) to be paid for the time.
2)UPS not providing insurance for use of his personal vehicle while in the service of UPS, and paying for the damage to his and the other persons vehicle.

No contract pertains, he was a supervisor. He probably could have pushed it further, but it would have probably cost him his job. I started having a bad feeling about UPS for a bit, but that was when I knew the partnership was gone. We screwed over ourselves to save the center from an accident. Also the reporting of misleads. Very sad. That person is now a manager.