Want PVDs next year?

Would you want PVDs next year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Still, you would be better off with a truck and a pod. Far more stops would be getting done every day.

What I've seen this peak is PVD's being used to put out fires. Management used them as an excuse not to plan. Doesn't work.
We we rolling stops daily, so PVD''s failed.

barnyard

KTM rider
I understand many drivers don’t want this but for those who do.
In my building, drivers that wanted the hours, got them. There were several that were bumping up to 70 when they went out on Saturday. We rented every truck available in Mn and started bringing them in from as far away as St Louis. Using PVDs was literally the only way that we could have gotten the volume done.

And even with that, there were still neighborhoods in Burnsville, Mn that did not see a delivery for 3 weeks.

Queso

We we rolling stops daily, so PVD''s failed.

Right so just blame the pvds, don’t hold yourselves to the fire, management to the fire, or anyone else involved to the fire. The pvds could’ve very well been doing their jobs and contributing a great deal (I know I was) doing a 150 stops a day, delivering misloads that would’ve wasted an hour of the brownie drivers time; but everyone else was only giving 70 percent and that’s why y’all were rolling stops. Everyone who works there owes themselves and the company an explanation for rolling stops

Right so just blame the pvds, don’t hold yourselves to the fire, management to the fire, or anyone else involved to the fire. The pvds could’ve very well been doing their jobs and contributing a great deal (I know I was) doing a 150 stops a day, delivering misloads that would’ve wasted an hour of the brownie drivers time; but everyone else was only giving 70 percent and that’s why y’all were rolling stops. Everyone who works there year round owes themselves an explanation
The major problem is we don't have the proper staffing all year round. You can't train enough people in a short time to handle peak volume.

Queso

The major problem is we don't have the proper staffing all year round. You can't train enough people in a short time to handle peak volume.

From what I understand drivers get laid off during slow periods as it is so why would they hire more just to lay them off, makes more sense to have seasonals. The day I got sent home on Friday literally 5 other regular drivers got sent home too

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Right so just blame the pvds, don’t hold yourselves to the fire, management to the fire, or anyone else involved to the fire. The pvds could’ve very well been doing their jobs and contributing a great deal (I know I was) doing a 150 stops a day, delivering misloads that would’ve wasted an hour of the brownie drivers time; but everyone else was only giving 70 percent and that’s why y’all were rolling stops. Everyone who works there owes themselves and the company an explanation for rolling stops
OK Big Boy. PVD's SUCK!

Happy now?

barnyard

KTM rider
That is what ups want you to think you fool

You tell me how they could have succeeded here. We had all the rentals that were available and what we had were going out with 11-12 hour dispatches.

In St Paul, I would leave with my load at 2215 or so and there would be a line of cars at the gas pumps of drivers that were getting in.

Indecisi0n

PVD's be like , Yeah I gots a newer car

clunker_5.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Was difficult at times driving the Zamboni, weaving in and around the PVD's working out of my center.
Most drivers were happy to see them being used as they didn't want too much OT. The RCPD's who wanted the OT got all they wanted.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You would have to hire a bunch of temp drivers. What is the difference

In my building, drivers that wanted the hours, got them. There were several that were bumping up to 70 when they went out on Saturday. We rented every truck available in Mn and started bringing them in from as far away as St Louis. Using PVDs was literally the only way that we could have gotten the volume done.

Correct

You tell me how they could have succeeded here. We had all the rentals that were available and what we had were going out with 11-12 hour dispatches.

I guess @Dough99 wants us working 14-16 hour days, to hell with our personal lives and the DOT HOS.