Want PVDs next year?

Would you want PVDs next year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MattM

Were PVDs held to the same stop count and pph as regular drivers? I don't see how driving to pick up 20 boxes and then spending another 25 minutes for a refill is within any normal realm of what regular drivers do. Most PVDs would be DQd within a week. You're seasonal for a reason. I doubt you were doing an efficient job

We held onto 3 people at work during peak, who we fired on the 3rd and 4th of January. We can get pretty desperate. I'm just glad we can weed through it all until peak starts up again.

Indecisi0n

Was difficult at times driving the Zamboni, weaving in and around the PVD's working out of my center.
Most drivers were happy to see them being used as they didn't want too much OT. The RCPD's who wanted the OT got all they wanted.
This is what drives me crazy. Drivers are happy to see them because they don't want tons of OT. Well when they stop hiring drivers because they use them more and more in the future explain that to potential teamsters that never got a job because of them. Now our teamsters funds dip because we have less union work staff paying into the fund. Do these PVDs even pay dues ? So now we have workforce not paying into the pot for us?

Think of tomorrow not today nuckleheads.

barnyard

KTM rider
Were PVDs held to the same stop count and pph as regular drivers?

Absolutely not. I gave a temp guy, working out of a rental 2 hours of work on Tuesday. It took him 5 hours. On Wednesday, another temp, working out of a rental took the same and he took 3.5 hours. I asked both how many stops they were doing during peak, both were working tight, resi areas and both were doing way less than 100.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Do these PVDs even pay dues ?
According to some, yes so they shouldn't be treated as scabs

@barnyard working out of rentals sux, no pass thru, no shelving.... almost always have to rollup the rear door for most medium to oversized boxes and irreg s, getting a gun in da face because those little placards are unreadable after dusk...

Was working out of 2 different uhaul box truck... one had a mom's attic but nothing to hold the boxes up there

DSC_0274.JPG

Had to create my own hold down straps out of rain bags to keep them from sliding down to the floor, LoL & of course my truck was preloaded in stop order.

But I rather be in a rental that UPS has paid for than abusing my personal vehicle.

Last edited:

Queso

Correct

I guess @Dough99 wants us working 14-16 hour days, to hell with our personal lives and the DOT HOS.

Dude so many of the drivers I helped were jumping for joy that I helped them get out way earlier than usual. * Talking about give the drivers more OT when every driver I worked with was maxed out and a lot of them didn’t have fun delivering packages until 10:30 at night. Hire more staff? So what, they get laid off for 3/4 of the season? Isn’t that just about the same as hiring seasonals? I know guys on crack that make more sense then some of y’all

Last edited by a moderator:

Queso

Absolutely not. I gave a temp guy, working out of a rental 2 hours of work on Tuesday. It took him 5 hours. On Wednesday, another temp, working out of a rental took the same and he took 3.5 hours. I asked both how many stops they were doing during peak, both were working tight, resi areas and both were doing way less than 100.

Yeah and I was getting 150 stops done a day out of my civic so what it actually boils down to is how efficient the driver is and how much effort they’re putting in. Rentals cost ups more at the end of the day and blow *, two PVD’s who actually know what the :censored2: they are doing are far better than one dude in a u haul without shelves

Last edited by a moderator:

Queso

OK Big Boy. PVD's SUCK!

Happy now?

We suck but yet we saved the peak season from being more of a dumpster fire than it already was. Like I said dude I’ll see y’all back next year. Or I’ll just go and work there full time because they are thinking about hiring me now

OrioN

They may as well promote the decent PVDs (that are paying union dues already) to 22.4 drivers. Keep them in the union

Don't be hating da playa, hate the game that the union are juggling around with Amazon flex type drivers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We suck but yet we saved the peak season from being more of a dumpster fire than it already was. Like I said dude I’ll see y’all back next year. Or I’ll just go and work there full time because they are thinking about hiring me now
Saved nothing from me. I worked the same hours.

Doing gravy from your car is a lot different than pulling a route.

Queso

Saved nothing from me. I worked the same hours.

Doing gravy from your car is a lot different than pulling a route.

The peak volume this year was higher than last year from what everyone who worked there told me, so you working the same hours has nothing to do with PVDs sucking and more to do with a hell of a lot more packages

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Yeah and I was getting 150 stops done a day out of my civic so what it actually boils down to is how efficient the driver is and how much effort they’re putting in. Rentals cost ups more at the end of the day and blow horse d, two PVD’s who actually know what the :censored2: they are doing are far better than one dude in a u haul without shelves
One experienced driver in a rental can get more done than two PVDs.

OrioN

One experienced driver in a rental can get more done than two PVDs.

Yeah, but with @barnyard s experience with possibly un trained temp drivers, they probably had little to no area knowledge & was probably using their personal cellphone s as their map navs, which takes time if they weren't set-up by stop order