• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RuthlessSupSlayer

infected-scab-on-knee.jpg

MattM

Meanwhile PT hours and work shrinks

great idea

why even have a union?

they need to create some split shift scenarios where inside workers can volunteer to PVD or driver help, or keep their main hours at their building.

I get working 8 preload hrs and not being allowed or wanting to PVD. But that’s assuredly somewhat easier work than preload, and more $$$$. We should have first choice.
Subcontractors should not be taking our choices away.

Bob11B

I think they should be used as a last resort. Guys should be offered the OT before PVDs are used. For example, some weeks during peak I got 50 hours...I should be able to get my full 60 if desired. I understand many drivers don’t want this but for those who do.

Queso

I think they should be used as a last resort. Guys should be offered the OT before PVDs are used. For example, some weeks during peak I got 50 hours...I should be able to get my full 60 if desired. I understand many drivers don’t want this but for those who do.

What’s funny is every single driver I worked with as a pvd this season was running out of hours by Saturday so yeah, y’all needed my ass

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What’s funny is every single driver I worked with as a pvd this season was running out of hours by Saturday so yeah, y’all needed my ass
Still, you would be better off with a truck and a pod. Far more stops would be getting done every day.

What I've seen this peak is PVD's being used to put out fires. Management used them as an excuse not to plan. Doesn't work.