Want the real scoop on FredEx?

ezmoney5150

You must have been a disgruntled employee. FedEx is a great place to work. We are a lot better that UPS. Yuo have to pay for a union which doesn't do anything for you. Our stock is going through the roof while yours sits there. We are growing and will someday be in a position to buy UPS.

Enron's stock went through the roof also. Look where they're at. Look at the debt Fed Ex has also. When Fed Ex buys a company they borrow the money. When UPS buys a company it writes a check. HMMMMMMMM.

We also have a grievance procedure. Not the best but we have one. What do Fed Ex employees have??? Oh yeah, take it or quit.

I know alot of Fed Ex employees that I play golf with. They have good things they don't have and we have good things that they don't have. I wouldn't say UPS or Fed Ex is the better place to work. I have a philosophy that the grass is always greener on the other side.

Pip

Seeing as Fedex will eventually buy out ups( as was mentioned earlier), and the contractors at fedex will end up buying out fedex with the money they get from Fedex from the courts:lol: :lol: , probably best we all on both sides fill out an app. and we all go to DHL.:thumbup1:

B

BROWN OBSERVER

and we all go to DHL.:thumbup1:

Now thats one scary situation. Remember when they first come out with their uniforms? How come they don't wear those red pants with the yellow pockets anymore?

Uncle Rico

The initial reason I started this thread was to hopefully lead those of you UPSers to a site where you hear the same things about package delivery from the people in purple. It's not about who is better, it is about how they think their jobs and managers suck too. Except you never hear about it, nor do you ever ever ever hear any type of bad press against the Fredex machine. It isn't his little "we-love-all-our-employees-here-at-fedex" anymore. They are a giant corporate machine that is as out of touch with the frontline workers as UPS is with their drivers. Who cares who makes more, whose stockis doing better. I just want people to see that those who drink the purple kool-aid don't necessarily get drunken with Fred's propaganda that this is the greatest company to work for. My experience sucked there.

i cant believe my eyes!!!!!! lol
ups will buy fed ex and then dhl then the usps and sooner than you know it uncle sam will be wearing a brown uniform instead of his red white and blue duds......... just kidding lol

B

BROWN

You must have been a disgruntled employee. FedEx is a great place to work. We are a lot better that UPS. Yuo have to pay for a union which doesn't do anything for you. Our stock is going through the roof while yours sits there. We are growing and will someday be in a position to buy UPS.

FED EX COULD NEVER BUY UPS, LONGEVITY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME.
AND NO ONE STAYS AT FED EX LONG ENOUGH TO RETIRE BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD TO STAY THERE. JUST TRY TO MAKE WHAT BROWN MAKES AND DO THE NUMBERS THAT THEY DOTHATS WHY THERE ARE MORE AND MORE FED EX DRIVERS JUMPIN THE FENCE TO WORK FOR BROWN..BY THE WAY YOU GUYS HAVE TO PAY FOR DENTAL AND YOUR OWN INSURANCE, EYECARE, AND I HEARD YOUHAVE TO MAINTAIN YOUR OWN TRUCKSI MAY BE WRONG ABOUT A FEW OF THESE THINGS BUT WE LEAVE OUR JOB AT THE BUILDING WHEN WE GET BACK ....

LKLND3380

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 24, 2006--FedEx Express, the largest subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will now have the rights to operate three additional weekly frequencies to China, bringing its total to 26. With these frequencies, which were awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, FedEx Express will maintain its leadership position with more all-cargo flights to and from China than any other U.S. cargo airline.

"FedEx saw the promise in China more than 20 years ago. China's role in the global marketplace continues to escalate. In fact, China is expected to be the fastest- growing market for air cargo, averaging more than 10 percent per year between 2003 and 2023," said Michael L. Ducker, executive vice president, International for FedEx Express. "This latest milestone will allow us to serve more international import and export customers more efficiently from China to all corners of the globe. We continue to expand our operations in China - just this month we declared our plans to add a branch office in Chengdu and in January we announced an agreement to purchase our joint venture partner, DTW Group, which will further improve and grow our outstanding service in China and throughout the Asia-Pacific region."
From the sound of it... I think China will buy FedEx before FedEx buys UPS...

U

Used to be Brown

Having worked at UPS and FedEx, the two companies may share the same market but will never be the same. Thank the Gods! The first day I was hired by UPS my manager told he his job was to fire me and the unions job was to get it back. UPS is and was a good old boys club. Bust your ass and they may let you keep your job only if you work really hard and enjoy being berated for crap you can't control. I did this for 7 years after starting with UPS part time in college.

I quit UPS went to work for FedEx and have never looked back. FedEx is not perfect, we have our share of BS. But no one has threatened to fire me, I make a good living, drive a new truck and have decent benefits with a good chance of retiring with a pension in good health.

You guys at UPS have a right to be proud but the market place, customers and the world are changing. I don't think the next 100 years will be as easy as the first 100.

P

Parcel Kinga oF Daytona

Re: Package Car Wars!!!!!!

very nice site! I love the fight for domination of the package world!hope uuus guys are all as successful as us brown guys.the union is a great thing!signed,humble(almost millionaire)mutant ninja middle aged truck driver.

R

real driver

There we go again..u have this, we have this. The guys who are unhappy about being IC for ground is very small. We are getting bigger everyday, ground, Intl and Express..and we just got auth for 3 more flts into China..I beleive thats 23 daily from China compared to 19 for the Brownies. Thats a lot of tonnage we have that THEY don't have.

Watch.. in 5 years (and it will go by quickly) ..The new UPS slogan will be............WHAT DID BROWN DO TO YOU?

The Cream (FDX) will rise to the top..the brown stuff will end up at the bottom ( Where it belongs)

Very small but growing just like fedex's profit the whole idea that everything (profits) is up is that it is at my expense. Everyday more and more contractors going to work only to find more things taken away or less pay to do the same jobs we used to you need to wake up brown observer and see the truth that if things aren't headed up soon there will we no one to deliver their record profit. Maybe Fred owns a truck and would like to work a few 14 or 15 hour days to deliver the purple promise.

Glorifiedpackmule

I am a former UPS driver from the Dallas/Ft worth area and let me just say this. The grass IS greener on the other side at FedEx Express. Almost half of the Drivers at my center are also former UPS employees. We've never had any drivers leave FedEx Express to drive for the big brown monster. Given that I make 3 dollars less an hour than I did at UPS I am a totally different person at FedEx than I was at ups. I am Healthy, no longer feel the need to kick or throw packages, and no longer have the need for a union. With all of that aside..Federal Express gives me air conditioning. It's great to not feel like I am going to die from heat stroke when It's 112 outside. It's also great to have 8 hour work days like the rest of the world. You can deny this all you want..but I've been on both sides of this. where do you think the idea for UPS freight and The UPS store came from? FedEx isnt coming..It's already here.

ups79

Three dollars an hour less and no overtime, how do you pay your bills? What are your benefits and how soon do you plan on retiring? Without a union where do you go when you near retirement and they want to get rid of you. Also if you are only working 8 hours a day, I would say that fed-ex isn't near as profitable as they claim. Don't you have a fed ex site you could become an habitat of? If you have left UPS why come to this board?

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Damn, who gives a ****. Fight all you want about who the better company is. We are all in it for the same reason. To get paid on Friday.:thumbup1:

B

Brown Observer

Damn, who gives a ****. Fight all you want about who the better company is. We are all in it for the same reason. To get paid on Friday.:thumbup1:

Yeah Man! I believe there is enough packages to keep everyone busy until the next millenium! One thing you gotta admit, ain't no rivalry like FEDEX vs UPS!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Guess what? Everybody gripes about their job no matter where they work or how good they've got it. It's just human nature.:wink:

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
UPS's stock has split 4 times 4*78=more than you :) you guys know nothing about how the stock market works, our stock is less volatile unless a bad labor contract is brewing which typically is because ups is unwilling to make reasonable concessions. Fedex is doing well, and perhaps someday they will be on par with ups until then marketshare is where it's at and we still hold the vast majority and i'm doing my part to keep that going. I'm sorry to admit that your bread and butter (air service) is not increasing nearly as quickly as ours either. Fedex lacks the infrastructure and they only reason why they even are driven in the right direction is because they headhunt people from UPS...in the mean while be happy with the peanuts you are paid and your lack of beanies

satellitedriver

There we go again..u have this, we have this. The guys who are unhappy about being IC for ground is very small. We are getting bigger everyday, ground, Intl and Express..and we just got auth for 3 more flts into China..I beleive thats 23 daily from China compared to 19 for the Brownies. Thats a lot of tonnage we have that THEY don't have.

Watch.. in 5 years (and it will go by quickly) ..The new UPS slogan will be............WHAT DID BROWN DO TO YOU?

The Cream (FDX) will rise to the top..the brown stuff will end up at the bottom ( Where it belongs)
The cream rises and chunks float. We will see who is the last one standing. Your stock is OK today, but your work force is substandard in performance. FEDEX's PR is far better than UPS. Look at the technicals of the companys before you start talking buyouts.