Wanting to return to part-time after completing 30 day probation

ACupOfBrown

Hey all,

I completed my 30 day probation as a Ft driver a while ago but decided it's not for me. I realize I should've returned earlier but I thought after the 30 days everything would just kind of fall in place.

Well, they haven't and the only time I'm able to make it back to the building at a reasonable time is if I skip my lunch and breaks. On top of that I just don't really enjoy it. I feel that if I can't do the job properly and I'm not in it 100% then it's better to give the job to someone else.

So I ask, is it possible to return to the hub? I was also a pt air driver. Will I get that job back as well?

km3

My understanding is that once you're full-time, you're full-time. Best you can do at this point is put in your letter of intent for a combo job inside the building (if your building even has any), and hope you get lucky.

You can also ask your steward about the possibility of getting on the 9.5 list to (hopefully) reduce overtime while you're driving.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Honestly it blows monkey Johnson sometimes...but when you're brand new you get dumped on the most...it does get better...try to stick it out for a little bit longer until you get some guys under yoi

35years

Gravy route
I absolutely hated the job for the first 6 months.

You may want to give it a bit more time, it gets easier.
Once you feel competent, then decide if you want to keep the job.
It is not for everyone, but what you are experiencing now is not what the job will be like in a few months.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all,

I completed my 30 day probation as a Ft driver a while ago but decided it's not for me. I realize I should've returned earlier but I thought after the 30 days everything would just kind of fall in place.

Well, they haven't and the only time I'm able to make it back to the building at a reasonable time is if I skip my lunch and breaks. On top of that I just don't really enjoy it. I feel that if I can't do the job properly and I'm not in it 100% then it's better to give the job to someone else.

So I ask, is it possible to return to the hub? I was also a pt air driver. Will I get that job back as well?

Have your mommy write a note to your boss telling him this job is just to hard for little Billy

Hey all,

Remember you are four years away from making a 100k

Something to think about

Box Ox

Nothing about FT driving comes naturally at first. And it seems like you'll suffer over it as long as you're in the job. Which isn't true. You'll still work hard but it does get easier over time.

ACupOfBrown

Thanks everyone,

I signed up for the full-time combo list which becomes effective in June. If and when I get the call for that, I should have a clear idea whether I want to stay driving or not. Until then, I'm going to stick it out and continue putting in an honest effort.

The money is great, more than I know what to do with. If I end up here for the long-term and still find myself unhappy, I'll just buy a Corvette. That should make things better :happy-very:.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Thanks everyone,

I signed up for the full-time combo list which becomes effective in June. If and when I get the call for that, I should have a clear idea whether I want to stay driving or not. Until then, I'm going to stick it out and continue putting in an honest effort.

The money is great, more than I know what to do with. If I end up here for the long-term and still find myself unhappy, I'll just buy a Corvette. That should make things better :happy-very:.
You spelled Challenger wrong

Notcool

I've been pt for 10 years and was thinking the same thing I got one more week to qualify. I've scratched 5 already. I'm on a heavy business bulk route. I push the airs to the last minute everyday. Lol I've learned it but it kinda sucks. I have much respect for drivers. The main problem is the training. Zero diad training other than computer time. I don't know how drivers go out blind though after their 30 days lol

ManInBrown

Put your big boy pants on and man up. It'll get better. The first year is going to suck. You're the center :censored2:

Wait a few months and then slowly and strategically start to push back on them somewhat. It gets better. Just give it time