warning letter for misdelivery

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I'm not a driver but how do you put a Wal-mart delivery down for a school.

Many companies do not mark their cartons containing "rifles" or "ammo" or "pistol". If they did that many of these cartons would not get to the intended destination. Mis-deliveries are common,but I hope I never get into a situation like this where it would make the news!

celsiana

I'm in small sort and have recieved 2 warning letters for misorts. I had 2 in 7,000 pkgs and the next month 2 in 5,000pkgs. Both warning letters were grieved and the warning letters thrown out. It's harrassement and intimitidation. So I just slowed down to be perfect.

Many companies do not mark their cartons containing "rifles" or "ammo" or "pistol".
I've never seen a box maked pistol or rifle, but if a box of ammo isn't marker with ORMD - ammunition or some such they are in violation of DOT rules.

I'm not a driver but how do you put a Wal-mart delivery down for a school.
It's easier than you would think, specially if the stop has many packages that are all loaded together and the wrong one gets in with them. Ya just need to pay attention to the label on every package.

Griff

The company doesn't have to give verbal or written talk withs first. They can go to a warning letter right off the bat if they want, even for 1 misload.

Actually they do. It's supposed to be resolved at the lowest possible level. [SIZE=-1]Discipline is to be corrective, not punitive.

I've won many grievances on procedural errors. Management can't do anything right at UPS, so it doesn't come as a shock that they can't discipline people correctly. The key is to only pick one violation because one is all you need. Don't let them know how to do it right, save the rest for the next warning letter.
[/SIZE]

chipolapitch

OLD SUP
I'm not tyrying to aggitate you. But you did misdeliver the package. Management gets their hands slapped when they mess up. I can't stress enough, learn the methods...here check the label when you pull up section, check label when exiting pkg car, and check label against house or mailbox number. If you know...and use methods, you will be ok.

typicalunionslugs1

Typicalunionslugs1
Actually they do. It's supposed to be resolved at the lowest possible level. [SIZE=-1]Discipline is to be corrective, not punitive. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I've won many grievances on procedural errors. Management can't do anything right at UPS, so it doesn't come as a shock that they can't discipline people correctly. The key is to only pick one violation because one is all you need. Don't let them know how to do it right, save the rest for the next warning letter.[/SIZE]

the good thing about management is that we only have to be right ONCE, you have to be right everytime. Do your job correctly the first time and you won't have to worry about discipline.

typicalunionslugs1

Typicalunionslugs1
Actually feels pretty good, because eventually you will screw up and be on the list wanting their job back. One day the company will wise up and begin to hold everyone of you accountable to do your job. :happy-very:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony31yrs

Typical supervisor mentality-everyone will screw up and then I can fire him/her. No one can handle as many packages as we do without screwing up once in a while-it's only human. Then guys like you wonder where all the good help went. I've seen supes that fire guys just so that they can hurt them in the pocketbook even if they later get their jobs back. UPS believes in "guilty until proven innocent"

It's a good thing that "good day's pay for a good day's work" doesn't apply to management because a lot of them would be starving. I saw a lot of the laziest drivers take management because they couldn't do the job. Then they act like a harda** and talk about what a great driver they were.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
I won my grievance , the letter will be removed because I don't have a major misdelivery history. It still feels like garbage that this even came up. Just Ignore that typical guy he is just aggitaing and needs to grow up:punk:

S

slam

Seriously out of the thousands of stops and thousands of packages I mis-delivered one and they give out a written warning letter? I am not the only one this has happened to in my center. We are not on PAS/EDD. This has the stink of harassment and trying to put the fear of UPS into people. They fired a guy on a weak but unrelated charge before Christmas. The management is loosing the grip on reality in my opinion. Any comments would be appreciated.:punk:

Where was the union? Did he or she get there job back?

J

Jon Frum

No he did not get his job back. I don't want to get into this persons misfortune because I may not have all the facts.

Wasn't he falsifying records and forging signatures? Didn't you take up a collection for him, before he even missed a paycheck, yet haven't acted on fellow drivers out of work through no fault of their own?

Thank goodness you are not my steward, or would that be stewart?

Braveheart

"Any comments would be appreciated"

Grieve it immediately. Let them know you disagree with getting a warning letter for your one misdelivery in many years!

....and remind them of it next time they beg you for a sales lead.
Good post. This is why I stopped running years ago. 10,000 perfect dels in a row and one little honest mistake and strike one. It does not pay to run for them anymore. One stop at a time.

Braveheart

:happy2:next time someone gets a warning letter for misdelivery.just protest it.then don't give them any sales leads.let the sales reps get off there a**. just say there won't be anymore sales leads.
Our drivers are telling managers do not bother calling me on my cell phone. All contact goes through the diad now. They are like what is your problem? We say if you are going to be that nit picky on something that was corrected so easily and so quickly and in fact the shipper and receiver did not complain but just the wrong house that called in to point out our honest mistake, then why would we want to continue to use our money and cell phone minutes.

J

JonFrum

Wasn't he falsifying records and forging signatures? Didn't you take up a collection for him, before he even missed a paycheck, yet haven't acted on fellow drivers out of work through no fault of their own?

Thank goodness you are not my steward, or would that be stewart?

FOR THE RECORD:

The above quoted post, #34, was not posted by me.
I'm JonFrum.
The above quoted poster [imposter?] is Jon Frum. Note the space between Jon and Frum.

Didn't I just go through this Identity Theft problem several months ago? Seems like it's deja vu all over again!!!

And to anticipate a suggestion that this identity problem could be avoided if only I would register: Note that anyone can take another poster's registered name, change just one letter (that most people won't notice,) and post under that similar name. Strictly speaking, it's probably not even against the rules. It is, after all, a technically different name. Just misleading and confusing. I just want everyone to look close, now that we have two almost identical JonFrums.

except when you register, your sign up date and post count are visable, allowing proof that erroneous posts are done under a misleading name.

over9five

Staff member
JonFrum is right. Someone IS stealing his identity. I would guess it is a registered poster.

Can the administrator check the IP of Jon Frum and perhaps ban that poster? What he is doing is really deceptive and just mean.

J

JonFrum

except when you register, your sign up date and post count are visable, allowing proof that erroneous posts are done under a misleading name.

Trplnkl, There's no problem proving that the erroneous post is erroneous. The problem is getting all the readers of the post to realize it when they are reading it. The post did sound like me in a way. And it did reference a previous point I made about how people sometimes spell steward as stewart, and trailer as trailor.

I doubt anyone actually checks the Sign Up Date and Post Count on a routine basis. I doubt anyone would have even spotted the difference between "JonFrum" and "Jon Frum" unless I pointed it out.

Anyway, now everyone is aware of the situation.