Warning letters handed out like candy in our center.

Cowboy Mac

no no no, you put EVERY package on the ground, step down using 3 points of contact, turn around, pick up and walk. This includes those 1lbs letters. Follow methods to a T.
Exactly. 3 points of contact means 2 feet and 1 hand or 1 hand and 2 feet at all times. If you have anything in your hands you can’t possibly be using 3 points of contact.

Thebrownblob

Exactly. 3 points of contact means 2 feet and 1 hand or 1 hand and 2 feet at all times. If you have anything in your hands you can’t possibly be using 3 points of contact.
I can have a letter or a small box in one hand and my diad in my pocket, and have three point of contact. But if they’re following me and I want to give them A fit sure I can set letters on the floor and grab them after I turn around lol.

Cowboy Mac

I can have a letter or a small box in one hand and my diad in my pocket, and have three point of contact. But if they’re following me and I want to give them A fit sure I can set letters on the floor and grab them after I turn around lol.
Think about it. As you step down you need 2 hands on the handrail. How are you doing that if you also have a package in your hand?

Thebrownblob

Think about it. As you step down you need 2 hands on the handrail. How are you doing that if you also have a package in your hand?
I have no problem with what you’re saying . Again if you want to be technical i’m sure you can do that, most vehicles only have one handrail on the passenger side so I guess you need to turn your body to grab the handle with both hands. Having said that we had a driver went to a panel because he would not go out the driver side door during a ride along. He was off for well over a month he did not receive backpay and he was told to work as instructed and go out the Driver side door with three points of contact. It was one of the old 800s with a narrow and shortstep on the driver side really almost no way to have three points of contact of any kind without slipping, and he was not a small guy. I thought it was a BS decision. I’m good with whatever A driver wants to do to stay safe. The Fellow teamster who asked about getting warning letters probably is jumping on and off the car without grabbing anything. Grab a handrail anyway you can to take care of your body and stay safe. The job takes a toll on your ankles and knees eventually. Thankfully I have a route with mostly docks. About 80 stops a day 35 pick ups. Don’t go out the door anywhere near as many times as most pkg car drivers.

Thebrownblob

Google him find out his addy if he has kids or wife and just blurt out facts about him while receiving the letter. Make no threats but mention 3 year old Casey then maybe 173 jasper st later in the Convo.
😳😂
1646501122469.gif

Thebrownblob

Just retire you old farts.
Well I will eventually but you youngsters will just screw it up anyway lol. The kid who did my route when I was on vacation for two week was doing two extra splits a day 40-50 more stops. SMH. He kept asking me how I took a lunch and made my pick up times lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well I will eventually but you youngsters will just screw it up anyway lol. The kid who did my route when I was on vacation for two week was doing two extra splits a day 40-50 more stops. SMH. He kept asking me how I took a lunch and made my pick up times lol.
Better than having a runner who skips lunch and breaks so when you come back they expect you to do the same. It always takes a while to fix things when that happens.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Our center has a new on car supervisor. Everyone is receiving warning letters, mainly for not using three points of contact. Some Drivers with 25 years and over have received two warning letters! Are they going to get rid of us?

That's the thing, I cant recall Not using 3 points....maybe because of the new diad6 ergonomics? Its a two handed device. I believe he fabricating so I'm at his mercy.
@SaWEET,

Did you receive a warning letter for failure to maintain 3 points of contact?

Integrity

Binge Poster
The letter states failure to follow methods. But that is what he verbally indicated(three points of contact)
@SaWEET,

How did your supervisor make this determination, in other words, on what grounds did your supervisor give you this warning letter?

Did your supervisor talk with you at all about this prior to giving you a warning letter?

Did you actually physically receive the warning letter or only the promise of one to come?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Received the letter. Yes talked to me regarding his sneaky ass observation.
@SaWEET,

What did your supervisor say when he confronted you about this?

I assume your Supervisor brought you into the office with your Steward for this discussion, is this assumption correct?

Last edited: