Was Vinny Perrone of Local 804 Out Of Line If Allegations Are True?

DeCurtis

IMO Unions are struggling (dying if you will) because of apathetic membership.
Correlates with the apathetic sissy-boy leadership.
Look at most of these management asskissers on this forum, attacking their own rank-and-file members, and whining about being nice to the company. Most of you guys would've gotten knee-capped 100 years ago.
MUGA! Make Unions Great Again.

Overpaid Union Thug

And that.
Correlates with the apathetic sissy-boy leadership.
Look at most of these management asskissers on this forum, attacking their own rank-and-file members, and whining about being nice to the company. Most of you guys would've gotten knee-capped 100 years ago.
MUGA! Make Unions Great Again.
Exactly. Different time. Much worse working conditions.

Big Rigger

By using scumbag tactics instead of the actual grievance process first. And you probably wonder why unions have such a bad rep these days. And why they are dying.
There are multiple reasons for lack of unity in the rank and file and from what I've seen over the last quarter of a century it's corruption and dishonest leadership (+ company coziness) at the top, plus a "me" generation at the bottom, and the folks who paved the way for the enhanced pay and bennies thru collective bargaining have passed on thru retirement and death. People are riding the wave but not paddling with the oars because they just want to coast thru the land mines of corp greed with their eyes covered. Pathetic people call themselves Teamsters.

Garbage. Read above. This statement is only partially true.
Sincerely,
B

I’m convinced half the new hires at my hub have no idea what the Union is lol.
They'll figure it out when the pt time supes are told to increase the pph. The honeymoon will be over without a kiss. The light will turn on.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You know it. That's why he started whining about violence. Management knows damn well how much they provoke people and these wimps are always scared their harassment will eventually catch up to them. Not even close as tough at home, or on the street, as they are in their Centers.
My center manager has been beaten down in a parking lot and had death threats for their actions at work that were completely provoked by going too far and hiding behind their position. If you're miserable, just jump off a bridge. Don't try to make everyone miserable because you feel you have a little power.

Big Rigger

My center manager has been beaten down in a parking lot and had death threats for their actions at work that were completely provoked by going too far and hiding behind their position. If you're miserable, just jump off a bridge. Don't try to make everyone miserable because you feel you have a little power.
The school bully keeps pushing "little" people around until one day someone has had enough of it and finally explodes with rage and fights fire with fire.
Is that the wrong thing to do? Probably. But when no one else does anything about it and the grievance procedure doesn't get rid of bad and harassing management so what's left to do in the hourly's eyes? Oh, the company will get rid of hourly in a heartbeat but the internal "justice" system is not always fair nor is it swift in getting rid of abusive managers. They often get moved instead of punished in accordance with the company's own anti-harassment policy.