Was Vinny Perrone of Local 804 Out Of Line If Allegations Are True?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Correlates with the apathetic sissy-boy leadership.
Look at most of these management asskissers on this forum, attacking their own rank-and-file members, and whining about being nice to the company. Most of you guys would've gotten knee-capped 100 years ago.
MUGA! Make Unions Great Again.
What’s your plan?

Integrity

Binge Poster
There are multiple reasons for lack of unity in the rank and file and from what I've seen over the last quarter of a century it's corruption and dishonest leadership (+ company coziness) at the top, plus a "me" generation at the bottom, and the folks who paved the way for the enhanced pay and bennies thru collective bargaining have passed on thru retirement and death. People are riding the wave but not paddling with the oars because they just want to coast thru the land mines of corp greed with their eyes covered. Pathetic people call themselves Teamsters.

Garbage. Read above. This statement is only partially true.
Sincerely,
B

They'll figure it out when the pt time supes are told to increase the pph. The honeymoon will be over without a kiss. The light will turn on.
I have spoken with the officials of our Local many times over the last quarter century and by far their biggest concern has been a membership unwilling participate by following the contract or enforcing the contract.

Whither

Scofflaw
Much worse working conditions.
Not entirely. The company cynically exploits our 9.5 language, and pays out the grieves while making record profits, so we have little control over excessive OT. And of course the 22.4s can't even file. The major impulse behind the fight for a 40 hr work week wasn't to 'make em pay' (doesn't work in our case anyway: we all know it's cheaper for the company to work us into the ground than hire more drivers and buy more pkg cars, expand buildings, etc). It was to ensure that one could work for a living, rather than live for a working.

I've noticed it's not just UPS mgmt or Teamsters officials, but also plenty of drivers who rationalize long hours. "You know what you signed up for," "That's just how it is."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not entirely. The company cynically exploits our 9.5 language, and pays out the grieves while making record profits, so we have little control over excessive OT. And of course the 22.4s can't even file. The major impulse behind the fight for a 40 hr work week wasn't to 'make em pay' (doesn't work in our case anyway: we all know it's cheaper for the company to work us into the ground than hire more drivers and buy more pkg cars, expand buildings, etc). It was to ensure that one could work for a living, rather than live for a working.

I've noticed it's not just UPS mgmt or Teamsters officials, but also plenty of drivers who rationalize long hours. "You know what you signed up for," "That's just how it is."
When was a driver job at UPS not loaded with overtime?

Overpaid Union Thug

Our current working conditions aren’t to be compared to 100 years ago. People back then would laugh at anyone that is complaining now.

DeCurtis

Our current working conditions aren’t to be compared to 100 years ago. People back then would laugh at anyone that is complaining now.
Wrong. With tools around like you it's no wonder why management treats us like cattle. Industrialized infrastructure facilitates a greater workload than ever was possible. I'll let you twist your brain trying to figure out why.

DeCurtis

So you don't think excessive OT is a serious safety hazard and risk not only to us but also to the public?
Not when he's virtue signaling how much of a hardcore company man he is to management. He probably cries in the office for a reduced stop count, then tells the guy next to him doing his work "you signed up for this".
We all know the type. They're in every center and act like they're MVP Drivers, but always need help from Dispatch to get done early. I had to help a Driver like this with a pick-up. Center told me to sweep the dock for large packages and leave the rest. I took all of his 300+ pieces and witnessed him literally tearing up in the office over it the next day. Got a good bonus from that one.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wrong. With tools around like you it's no wonder why management treats us like cattle. Industrialized infrastructure facilitates a greater workload than ever was possible. I'll let you twist your brain trying to figure out why.
Oh yes the typical ad hominem attack. Because you know I am right and that current working conditions, although slightly more overtime for some, are great compared to that of the people 100 years ago you die that “die hard” folks like to bring up as an example of how union members should act. LOL

And this “tool” isn’t harassed or followed because I know the contract well enough and ways to enforce it so that supervision considers it more of a hassle for them than me. And none of those ways include :censored2: bag tactics like showing up at their house with a sign. Or slashing their tires. Or busting their kneecaps. That is what people did back in the day when they literally had to fight for things that are either federal law or contractual now.

And all of you wanna be thugs that bring up old times in these conversations and act all hard would most likely wet your manpons in the face of true aggression. But keep up the ad hominem attacks. The rest of us know why you are really resorting to that.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I was privy to negotiations in my Local. I hate to break the news but the major impetus for 22.4 on the Union side was the commitment to find a way to guarantee that the majority of impending 7 day work week, which was coming no matter what, was covered by a Teamster Pension Supporting Full-Time Classification.

It was crystal clear to the Union Officials that the current package car drivers didn’t want any part of weekend work schedules.

IMO
It would have been disastrous to create part-time weekend jobs.

Just Sayin.

DeCurtis

Oh yes the typical ad hominem attack. Because you know I am right and that current working conditions, although slightly more overtime for some, are great compared to that of the people 100 years ago you die that “die hard” folks like to bang up as an example of how union members should act. LOL

And this “tool” isn’t harassed or followed because I know the contract well enough and ways to enforce it so that supervision considers it more of a hassle for them than me. And none of those ways include * bag tactics like showing up at their house with a sign. Or slashing their tires. Or busting their kneecaps. That is what people did back in the day when they literally had to fight for things that are either federal law or contractual now. And all of you adults that bring all times up in these conversations and act all hard most likely wet your manpons in the face of true aggression. But keep up the ad hominem attacks. The rest of us know why you are really resorting to that.
"Waawaa... don't ad hominem me bro...":sad-very:

Yeah, I'm sure you can handle "true aggression". hehehe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No one cares man. No one’s impressed. Move on.
What are you doing to make the Union stronger?

Do you have a propensity to give UPS Management or Union Leadership the benefit of of any doubt?

I have expressed my differences with Union Leadership over the years but they have always had my full support and they always receive from me the benefit when their is any doubt.

There has never been, nor do I ever want the Union Leader’s of my local to have the reason to question what side I am on.

Last edited: