We are ready!!!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Not without first going through the progressive discipline process per the labor agreement. So in other words, they would have to write out a warning letter and arrange a meeting with a shop steward in order to discipline me for making service on the packages. Its not gonna happen for 3 reasons; 1-they don't have time. 2-they need every driver they have to come in to work and 3- they would look like complete and total idiots at the meeting for telling me to deliberately miss stops in order to keep a helper from working over 2 hours.
I agree management would have to be idiots to discipline for that but 3 guys got warning letters Friday for not working as instructed not having helpers off clock...........I guess your one of the lucky ones that have a smart management team in your center.......I don't have that luxury but I wish I did

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One day last week they loaded me up like crazy. They physically could not have fit another package in the back of the truck. Knowing this they only wanted me to keep my helper for like 2.5 hours. I only kept him 3 hours but they ended up having to send someone to take 20 stops off me to get me in before curfew.

watdaflock?

I only had two trucks today! First time in over a year.

Tomorrow is my 1st day of playing in the dog house for peak.

Celebrating this wonderful time of the year at UPS with one (or more) of these-

SSR_IPA_12oz_front.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i was told today to 'make smart business decisions' and to "bust it out and get it in' and i was ALSO told" use good judgement with your helper,but keep him as along as needed to avoid missed"
I win

BrownArmy

We are not ready in our center.

I thought we were getting off to a good start with hiring lots of drivers, but most of them didn't make it (accidents, couldn't cut it, etc...). There weren't any other seasonal drivers on deck, and now we're back to where we were last year, up chit creek.

Drivers are going out slammed and management is coddling the newbies, so slammed drivers are having to help out the newbies.

It's too early in the season for it to be this crazy...

I'm in Boston, and I don't think all the Buffalo stuff has even hit us.

We're effed.

Oh well, I didn't have any plans for the next ninety days anyway...