We are ready!!!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Does anybody think they would tell the stock holders we are not ready? I was told we would have a 9.5 planned dispatch this peak. I said "I guess you guys are cutting time allowances again". Its his first peak and its just precious.

MassWineGuy

While sweeping a FedEx drop box last night I was speaking about peak with the UPS driver sweeping his box. He works in the center I worked last year, where even the most experienced veteran never saw volume like that. He was certain this year would be a total fiasco as far as getting everything delivered on time. Same at my station (aka: center). Management seems half confident, but then the nervous smiles appear. Hey, I'm just a cog in the wheel who gets paid by the hour. Many hours.

Dr.Brownz

If you frequent UPSers you have probably seem all the videos saying we are ready for peak. I think the vast majority of UPS centers are far from ready. I predict a repeat of 2013, if not worse. Propaganda only goes so far and convinces so many people. I wish the top management in Atlanta would step down to our level and see just how bad things really are. Just saying.........

Honestly my center has the capabilities, but management is screwing everyone by loading up all the cars instead of just cutting a new route in. They were claiming we would all be working normal hours this peak but so far that isn't the case.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Going to be a clusterphuq again. They dont have the faintest idea of how much the volume is going to be up this peak. On top of that their putting all these new seasonals on too late who are absolutely going to drown once they get sent out with 200 to 300 stops a day. Be lucky if the veterans can even help them out since everyone is going to get slammed like crazy also. All i know is got to be off clock by 10pm so whatever dude, aint sweating it 1 bit.

oldngray

nowhere special
Quotation-Jean-Baudrillard-history-Meetville-Quotes-172067.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We can only work helpers for 2 hours and can't use them past dark. Waste of time using them now.
2 hours is helper abuse. Half of them will quit if they keep showing up for work and only get 2 hours at minimum wage. In the past when I had a helper, I would just ignore the time limuts and keep them on for as long as I needed them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2 hours is helper abuse. Half of them will quit if they keep showing up for work and only get 2 hours at minimum wage. In the past when I had a helper, I would just ignore the time limuts and keep them on for as long as I needed them.
Here too...they are telling drivers to keep helpers for 2 or 3 hours and send them home....at $8/hr

BrownTexas

Last year I had a helper show up after air commits and work with me until the last ground was delivered. 10:30am-9:00pm.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Last year I had a helper show up after air commits and work with me until the last ground was delivered. 10:30am-9:00pm.
I always like getting my jumper after air also. That way I got him from 12 to 8 or 9 or 1pm to 8 or 9. Figured im a have him for 6 to 8 hours and definitely want them down the stretch later in day to the end, in the dark rather than earlier when im not going to utilize them as much.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
We are friend'd, plain and simple, in my ctr. Yeah, we hired 20 drivers, but we lost 20 to feeder. But hey, "We hired and trained 20 drivers!", says my manager.

Too bad he babied their :censored2: and force fed Orion to them. Not only do the majority of them know the same training route, but they have 0% area knowledge, because Orion prevents travel repetition and memorizing of adress sequences.

How long can the incompetence continue?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In the past I would do that as well,but with routes being cut and idiot dispatches every day I had ZERO problems last week cutting my helper loose after 2 hours as instructed and working 13 hours with 36 missed stops one day,and 42 missed the next. Of course the next mornings when asked about my "performance" I was told: But you had a HELPER!!!"