We need AC! This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Never!
Never I say!
I whip that boys butt every time!

And besides ... Cheryl has been clamping down on me!
WhoppingWhiteGrackle-max-1mb (1).gif

F

Frankie's Friend

I remember when I used to run Saturday Air. Every Sat. at the end of my route I had to so a pick up (usually 800-1000 pieces) at Amazon. The first time I went there was in Aug during a 100 degree heat wave. I'll never forget it because as soon as the bay door swung open I felt a wall of cool Artic air hit me. It was colder than the frozen foods section in a supermarket. The employees were wearing sweaters...in the middle of August!...
At $9 / hr.

F

Frankie's Friend

Business and pickup stops you walk by with ac blowing cold air stop for 1-minute and just stand over it. Don't worry about their numbers. Take the chewing out later and explain you honestly feared for your life so you took an extra 7-minutes yesterday and you're very sorry.
So you only got 7 business stops with pickups?

J.R.

C'mon United Parcel Service.

Treat me like a crack whore. I don't care, but afford me the chance not to have a heat stroke. You can't be that evil gawd damnit!

Get rich.... make tons of $$$... have power to command. Do it, enjoy... yet have a little heart for Chrissakes and provide some Air Conditioning.

I really am dying!

Please.
Lmao

rickyb

Ask him why he introduced himself on the forums as being three years retired, now talks like he's still working. Or ask him if he lives in Washington or Pennsylvania. Get back to us with your findings.
i remember the heater not being good enough.

isnt he right?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Ask him why he introduced himself on the forums as being three years retired, now talks like he's still working. Or ask him if he lives in Washington or Pennsylvania. Get back to us with your findings.

I travel a lot. We're not suppose to tell each other all our personal information. I would open up and just tell you all here, but I'd hate to be put in Mod Que. So, I just try to keep a low profile and as honest as possible.

I'm a UPS Driver or if YOU like, a Service Provider. I'll be retired in 5-years so yeah it's beneficial to me to look at this contract in a more understanding way. These 22.4 jobs is what our center, yes Washington state right now, these jobs used to be called 'clean up routes', it was new hires making a crap wage but they still made a decent wage... I believe $11 an hour back then. They weren't labeled as 22.3 or 22.4. They were just cleanup runs... usually 3.99 to 9 hours. All the drivers kicked out their bulk or resis and the new guys delivered those stops. It was Hell for sure because at that time I was the cleanup bitch. However, I knew guys would retire and I'd move up the seniority list. It was a way better UPS on the body and mind in the 90's. I actually like this 22.4 way better because back then Drivers would dig out their very worst crap. Whether that was 28-$ Only C.O.D's at one stop or cherry pick resis that had German Shepherds & Rottweiler's. So, I like UPS setting up 22.4's more fairly. Plus, in only a few years they'll make $34.79 an hour and what $53 an hour OT? If UPS can take the work culture back to the 90's this way. I am all for it. I'm all for that wage.

There's protections in the language that Regular Package Car Drivers won't be reduced to poverty while the 22.4's make bank. So you gotta look at the BIG PICTURE (ever heard of that one) and too much assumption that UPS won't honor it and will kill 22.4's with 70-hour work weeks is all speculation.

We all wanted less hours. This contract isn't JUST for a building of 35 drivers. It's a National MASTER and it is really worded to get those hours down, keep us at Mon-Friday with 9.5 protections. Weekends off... thus the new guys work Saturday. Only fair they start at the bottom and in 5-Years, they can have my route. Actually 4-Years but going to stay a year to buy a GMC 2500HD.

If you just stepped back once and just looked at the good from it. You'd see it's a real nice contract. Not perfect. Yet a step forward. I don't listen to the sky is falling guys on here and the claims UPS is destroying union jobs into the future. Just the opposite. They're adding jobs. Union jobs and that's a step in the right direction. It would be great if it was 100,000 new union jobs but we all gotta be sensible about this.

What upsets me is you guys claim to be all pro-union but you HATE Hoffa Jr., You HATE Taylor, you HATE our negotiators... you're against the IBT.You hate ME supporting the union. I swear to the Lord all Mighty y'all are really from corporate and not Teamster's at all.

Show some love for your union, their leadership. I find it offensive you label MY Union as pansies and pushovers.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I travel a lot. We're not suppose to tell each other all our personal information. I would open up and just tell you all here, but I'd hate to be put in Mod Que. So, I just try to keep a low profile and as honest as possible.

I'm a UPS Driver or if YOU like, a Service Provider. I'll be retired in 5-years so yeah it's beneficial to me to look at this contract in a more understanding way. These 22.4 jobs is what our center, yes Washington state right now, these jobs used to be called 'clean up routes', it was new hires making a crap wage but they still made a decent wage... I believe $11 an hour back then. They weren't labeled as 22.3 or 22.4. They were just cleanup runs... usually 3.99 to 9 hours. All the drivers kicked out their bulk or resis and the new guys delivered those stops. It was Hell for sure because at that time I was the cleanup bitch. However, I knew guys would retire and I'd move up the seniority list. It was a way better UPS on the body and mind in the 90's. I actually like this 22.4 way better because back then Drivers would dig out their very worst crap. Whether that was 28-$ Only C.O.D's at one stop or cherry pick resis that had German Shepherds & Rottweiler's. So, I like UPS setting up 22.4's more fairly. Plus, in only a few years they'll make $34.79 an hour and what $53 an hour OT? If UPS can take the work culture back to the 90's this way. I am all for it. I'm all for that wage.

There's protections in the language that Regular Package Car Drivers won't be reduced to poverty while the 22.4's make bank. So you gotta look at the BIG PICTURE (ever heard of that one) and too much assumption that UPS won't honor it and will kill 22.4's with 70-hour work weeks is all speculation.

We all wanted less hours. This contract isn't JUST for a building of 35 drivers. It's a National MASTER and it is really worded to get those hours down, keep us at Mon-Friday with 9.5 protections. Weekends off... thus the new guys work Saturday. Only fair they start at the bottom and in 5-Years, they can have my route. Actually 4-Years but going to stay a year to buy a GMC 2500HD.

If you just stepped back once and just looked at the good from it. You'd see it's a real nice contract. Not perfect. Yet a step forward. I don't listen to the sky is falling guys on here and the claims UPS is destroying union jobs into the future. Just the opposite. They're adding jobs. Union jobs and that's a step in the right direction. It would be great if it was 100,000 new union jobs but we all gotta be sensible about this.

What upsets me is you guys claim to be all pro-union but you HATE Hoffa Jr., You HATE Taylor, you HATE our negotiators... you're against the IBT.You hate ME supporting the union. I swear to the Lord all Mighty y'all are really from corporate and not Teamster's at all.

Show some love for your union, their leadership. I find it offensive you label MY Union as pansies and pushovers.

Blah blah blah

STFU

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I don't believe you "travel around", and are a package car driver. Sorry. You still refuse to answer how you went from being 3 years retired to having 5 years to go until retirement. You also deflected a simple line of inquiry into pushing your mindless agenda.

As for how I view the union, you can feel free to lump me in with everyone else, if that makes it easier for you. I don't hate the leadership, because that would require having any emotional response about them at all. I have been misrepresented by my union, and I have, ultimately, no recourse. The folks who negotiated the last contract cost me approximately $50k over the course of my career compared to those before me, and now they are trying to give those coming after me more money too. I believe I have every right to be dissatisfied. I am involved in the union, and I vote, and nothing has changed.

The Union's only responsibility is the best interest of the members. Agency law requires that the leadership represent us as if they were representing themselves. The only people who are actually pro-union are the ones who criticize the leadership when they fail in their duties. People, such as yourself (whatever that is) who support the leadership regardless of the performance of their duties are not pro-union. At best they are obsequious lackeys who kowtow to the leadership and turn their backs on the membership. That is as low as it gets in my book. You people hit rock bottom and you pulled out the jack hammers. You look up to the underbellies of snakes. Worms have to crawl down just to spit on you. As I said before, you are beneath contempt.

I will give praise to the negotiators when they actually produce something worth voting yes on. Until then, I will call it like it is. You are welcome to keep saying I'm the one with a problem, because you live in a fantasy world.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
C'mon United Parcel Service.

Treat me like a crack whore. I don't care, but afford me the chance not to have a heat stroke. You can't be that evil gawd damnit!

Get rich.... make tons of $$$... have power to command. Do it, enjoy... yet have a little heart for Chrissakes and provide some Air Conditioning.

I really am dying!

Please.
Toughen up pusillanimous! Don't you have a PCM to work on Be ACH