We need AC! This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Not right enough to be co
Not right enough to be convincing.

I was going to rebut your comments but we have enough CNN & Fox in our lives already.

I take it your 2033 name is your target date when you retire, or you'll be eligible for full retirement. If that's the case, you'll more than likely see it a little my way for the 2028-2033 contract.

Think of it like this. How many times have you walked into your hub and management/IE cut 10% of the routes and in addition you all had to cover the Air Walker routes too? You grumbled right, your co-workers grumbled. Maybe you all had 11,12.... 13-hour days that day and you were all p*ssed, yet you did it angrily.

Now... imagine, just imagine what the IBT negotiators are dealing with when battling UPS corporate. Just think how difficult that actually could be. I mean hubs can't even stop a 10% employee reduction for a day. Try thinking about getting the highest level executives to bend over for ya.

I do know this, I've heard it a lot since 1997 from management and that was... they won't allow another strike again to be settled and when they say that. I'll look into their stern/firm eyes and they're dead serious. All these corporate yew-hew executives were all around in 1997. They don't forget brother. You walk out that door on strike. I'm telling you right now you are NOT coming back and if you do it's only because you accepted United Parcel Service terms at a huge cut in pay, benefits and rights. I know you want to yell, march, demand fairness in the parking lot and tell that OCS what you really feel. I'm telling you today. If it gets to that point. You'll have two options. Work for a different company or tuck your tail between your legs and take it like an IndecisiOn.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I was going to rebut your comments but we have enough CNN & Fox in our lives already.

I take it your 2033 name is your target date when you retire, or you'll be eligible for full retirement. If that's the case, you'll more than likely see it a little my way for the 2028-2033 contract.

Think of it like this. How many times have you walked into your hub and management/IE cut 10% of the routes and in addition you all had to cover the Air Walker routes too? You grumbled right, your co-workers grumbled. Maybe you all had 11,12.... 13-hour days that day and you were all p*ssed, yet you did it angrily.

Now... imagine, just imagine what the IBT negotiators are dealing with when battling UPS corporate. Just think how difficult that actually could be. I mean hubs can't even stop a 10% employee reduction for a day. Try thinking about getting the highest level executives to bend over for ya.

I do know this, I've heard it a lot since 1997 from management and that was... they won't allow another strike again to be settled and when they say that. I'll look into their stern/firm eyes and they're dead serious. All these corporate yew-hew executives were all around in 1997. They don't forget brother. You walk out that door on strike. I'm telling you right now you are NOT coming back and if you do it's only because you accepted United Parcel Service terms at a huge cut in pay, benefits and rights. I know you want to yell, march, demand fairness in the parking lot and tell that OCS what you really feel. I'm telling you today. If it gets to that point. You'll have two options. Work for a different company or tuck your tail between your legs and take it like an IndecisiOn.
You can try all the different angles you want. But the end remains the same.

Your in management

And we're still voting no.

Bye bye

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

More deflection. I'm done discussing the contract with you. How can you be both 3 years retired and have 5 years til retirement? How can you say you just got home from work, then later that same night say you are in Pennsylvania, and every other time say you are in Washington? I know transferring is possible in some cases, but not that quick, and then not back again that quick. That's how I know you're not a package car driver. Answer those questions, or admit you are a fraud.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
C'mon United Parcel Service.

Treat me like a crack whore. I don't care, but afford me the chance not to have a heat stroke. You can't be that evil gawd damnit!

Get rich.... make tons of $$$... have power to command. Do it, enjoy... yet have a little heart for Chrissakes and provide some Air Conditioning.

I really am dying!

Please.
UPS corporate just provide some air conditioning and I'll vote YES! Some A/C for my beloved 22.4 co-workers & myself. It's so hot out here. It's hard to breathe and then when I do get a chance to inhale just a little 148 degree oxygen it's filled with package dust. I'll bring my own broom to work. Just put some A/C in these trucks.

Remember Air Conditining = Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Our cells start to die around 41°C (106°friend) to 45°C (113°friend) but we can survive much higher air temperatures: a healthy person could make a day trip to Death Valley on one of its hottest days-- 55°C (131°friend)-- and, so long as he avoided dehydration, would probably not die.

148-degrees today in the package compartment area.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
This is a damn lie! Maybe in the mornings or in the shade. Got freight here (yesterday) exploding that says don't store above 135!

The temperature inside the cargo area is 15-20 degrees hotter than the outside temperature. For 5 months out of the year, average temperatures in Arizona are over 110 degrees. This means that the cargo area in a UPS truck is at least 125 degrees.

If it's 110 out.... it's 140+ back there after 4 hours in the sun. The skylight looks like God used it as toilet paper!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'd imagine the mechanics would love the complaints of "my A/C isn't cold enough!" every night on the DVIR sheets.

I would have been happy with a better seal around the engine shroud back in the day. I'd use a full roll of tape trying to seal that bad boy, back in the day. Had to replace the tape every time the mechanic needed to remove the shroud.
For ac to work for any length of time at all, things must be kept clean.

Last edited:

Box Ox

Our cells start to die around 41°C (106°friend) to 45°C (113°friend) but we can survive much higher air temperatures: a healthy person could make a day trip to Death Valley on one of its hottest days-- 55°C (131°friend)-- and, so long as he avoided dehydration, would probably not die.

148-degrees today in the package compartment area.

That is intense. We'd better demand that 22.4 drivers have overtime protections if we can't get an air conditioner in every package car.

Smashmouth

C'mon United Parcel Service.

Treat me like a crack whore. I don't care, but afford me the chance not to have a heat stroke. You can't be that evil gawd damnit!

Get rich.... make tons of $$$... have power to command. Do it, enjoy... yet have a little heart for Chrissakes and provide some Air Conditioning.

I really am dying!

Please.

REALLY BRO!?? You’d let them treat you like a bitch for a little a/c?? What do you do for an 8 hour day?.....A/C sounds nice but realistically i think id just be sick all the time from going from hot to cold all the time...not to mention i wouldnt want to get out of the truck. I’d settle for some vents in the back so the ram air vent in the front would actually work. Getting that 150 degree air out of the back would do wonders.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
This is a damn lie! Maybe in the mornings or in the shade. Got freight here (yesterday) exploding that says don't store above 135!

The temperature inside the cargo area is 15-20 degrees hotter than the outside temperature. For 5 months out of the year, average temperatures in Arizona are over 110 degrees. This means that the cargo area in a UPS truck is at least 125 degrees.

If it's 110 out.... it's 140+ back there after 4 hours in the sun. The skylight looks like God used it as toilet paper!
Wtf are you babbling about