We need AC! This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Take your breaks out there gang. Park & eat in the shade. Any time spent in the package compartment open up all doors. Put cold wet paper towels on your neck front & back. Go into a bathroom. Take your shirt off hold it under. Cold water... put it back on and deliver wet. Extended routes take a break and jump in a creek or river. We all get the stay hydrated ods messages. I say take small sips every 2-3 stops (including all those ghost pickup stops that are never counted in our day). Use both water and G2 or something with electrolytes. Just water won't cut it. Don't chug, chug, chug. Try to refrain from getting that beer belly full of H2O sloshing about inside your body.

Residential's is where you're going to cook. If you can find a sprinkler in a yard... throw it on top of your truck, crank it up and let it rain all over your truck.

Business and pickup stops you walk by with ac blowing cold air stop for 1-minute and just stand over it. Don't worry about their numbers. Take the chewing out later and explain you honestly feared for your life so you took an extra 7-minutes yesterday and you're very sorry.

Dear UPS, you send these teams into hubs & centers with all their metal detectors, scanners, tracking devices... basically we all have ankle bracelets from rollouts. You could ramp out an A/C team to sweep the lower 48 & Hawaii and gives us some air like you provided
4x4's to Alaska. It's the right thing to do. Our nation is breaking heat records every year now. It's time for you to spend on the safety & wellness of your worker. Step up and do the right thing.

***A/C will not slow down any drivers***, in fact I bet a semi cool driver without an overheated exhausted demeanor would actually be more productive. YOU CAN PROVIDE A/C.

Service Providers, make sure to take the time out. It's your life. Think of your personal car doing your job without any water/antifreeze in the radiator. I don't care how young or tough you are... your internal water pump goes out and you could be stammering away with a friend'd up face trying to say All Good Kids Like MILK! Or worse... :(

Key point is; Stay Positive. Don't lose your will to stay cool. Don't give up. Empty hot water bottles and refill. If you have that customer who always gives you a drink... look for them in the hopes they'll give you a cold drink. All Division & District visits mention at the PCM for A/C in the cars. Even in the package compartment would be beneficial for you and your customers parcels.

It's your life. Good Luck

Superteeth2478

Seriously, you're not fooling anyone. No one is going to suddenly vote "yes" on this piece of :censored2: contract because you're suddenly acting like a driver who deals with the same crap other actual UPS drivers deal with. Didn't anyone ever tell you to just shut your whore mouth when Billy Mays is speaking?

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Seriously, you're not fooling anyone. No one is going to suddenly vote "yes" on this piece of :censored2: contract because you're suddenly acting like a driver who deals with the same crap other actual UPS drivers deal with. Didn't anyone tell you to just shut your whore mouth when Billy Mays is speaking?
I voted yes because of him.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Take your breaks out there gang. Park & eat in the shade. Any time spent in the package compartment open up all doors. Put cold wet paper towels on your neck front & back. Go into a bathroom. Take your shirt off hold it under. Cold water... put it back on and deliver wet. Extended routes take a break and jump in a creek or river. We all get the stay hydrated ods messages. I say take small sips every 2-3 stops (including all those ghost pickup stops that are never counted in our day). Use both water and G2 or something with electrolytes. Just water won't cut it. Don't chug, chug, chug. Try to refrain from getting that beer belly full of H2O sloshing about inside your body.

Residential's is where you're going to cook. If you can find a sprinkler in a yard... throw it on top of your truck, crank it up and let it rain all over your truck.

Business and pickup stops you walk by with ac blowing cold air stop for 1-minute and just stand over it. Don't worry about their numbers. Take the chewing out later and explain you honestly feared for your life so you took an extra 7-minutes yesterday and you're very sorry.

Dear UPS, you send these teams into hubs & centers with all their metal detectors, scanners, tracking devices... basically we all have ankle bracelets from rollouts. You could ramp out an A/C team to sweep the lower 48 & Hawaii and gives us some air like you provided
4x4's to Alaska. It's the right thing to do. Our nation is breaking heat records every year now. It's time for you to spend on the safety & wellness of your worker. Step up and do the right thing.

***A/C will not slow down any drivers***, in fact I bet a semi cool driver without an overheated exhausted demeanor would actually be more productive. YOU CAN PROVIDE A/C.

Service Providers, make sure to take the time out. It's your life. Think of your personal car doing your job without any water/antifreeze in the radiator. I don't care how young or tough you are... your internal water pump goes out and you could be stammering away with a friend'd up face trying to say All Good Kids Like MILK! Or worse... :(

Key point is; Stay Positive. Don't lose your will to stay cool. Don't give up. Empty hot water bottles and refill. If you have that customer who always gives you a drink... look for them in the hopes they'll give you a cold drink. All Division & District visits mention at the PCM for A/C in the cars. Even in the package compartment would be beneficial for you and your customers parcels.

It's your life. Good Luck
giphy (7).gif

rickyb

C'mon United Parcel Service.

Treat me like a crack whore. I don't care, but afford me the chance not to have a heat stroke. You can't be that evil gawd damnit!

Get rich.... make tons of $$$... have power to command. Do it, enjoy... yet have a little heart for Chrissakes and provide some Air Conditioning.

I really am dying!

Please.
when workers abdicate their responsibility to all vote on their working conditions, the capitalists will make decisions that serve the capitalists best interests, not the most people / workers.

so its most profitable to not have a/c in cars.

in an ideal economic system, workers would vote on these issues themselves.

MrBates

C'mon United Parcel Service.

Treat me like a crack whore. I don't care, but afford me the chance not to have a heat stroke. You can't be that evil gawd damnit!

Get rich.... make tons of $$$... have power to command. Do it, enjoy... yet have a little heart for Chrissakes and provide some Air Conditioning.

I really am dying!

Please.

I remember when I used to run Saturday Air. Every Sat. at the end of my route I had to so a pick up (usually 800-1000 pieces) at Amazon. The first time I went there was in Aug during a 100 degree heat wave. I'll never forget it because as soon as the bay door swung open I felt a wall of cool Artic air hit me. It was colder than the frozen foods section in a supermarket. The employees were wearing sweaters...in the middle of August!...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
when workers abdicate their responsibility to all vote on their working conditions, the capitalists will make decisions that serve the capitalists best interests, not the most people / workers.

The Communist viewpoint ^^^^^

542thruNthru

You do realize you're responding to a fake internet troll right?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
he sounds honest

Thanks Rick!

Well, taking a quick break here and was thinking I'm calling in sick tomorrow. (We call it call-in, others here call it calling out). Then it dawned on me that tomorrow those friggin' Amazon Prime Day pkgs arrive. It's always heavy on Friday on our job. Post office is always heavy Monday(I guess a lot of sick calls for them on Saturday)... at UPS our worst day of the week in terms of hours is Friday because companies try to rush their NXA and 2-Days to make it by the weekend.

Chaps my hide Amazon would do this crazy sale day in July. Why not early May I ask you? Other than Mother's Day there's a lot of route cutting in May. Plus not as many off on vacation.

I had visions of a 3-day weekend... get home tonight. Dig out the plastic pool grab a long neck Bud Light and wash the package dust off my tired bones. I won't call in tho' partner. I know my management team often justifies crushing us on Friday because guys called in sick.

One more day and another weekend dude, thank you, Jesus. I'm going to hermit up in my cool basement. Gonna be hotter than tar next week...so I don't care if the downstairs sofa has me stiffer than a wedding co**... I'm gonna chill all weekend. Yeeeeeaaaah

Break over... back to that oven... you know those P.O.W. shows we all grew up with... or Cool Hand Luke? Man, getting tossed in the box really was torture. I know that now and I get to get in & out of the box 200+-times a day and it still makes me fuzzy as Hell upstairs.

Stay Cool!