We Ran Out Of Vehicles Today

HomeDelivery

hope they were bulk stops/ docks... i hated working out of those type of rentals.

saw a UPSer driving an older package car with a low back seat & only a lap belt as well :dead:

barnyard

KTM rider
saw a UPSer driving an older package car with a low back seat & only a lap belt as well :dead:

My center has 5 in the daily lineup.

I delivered out of a Ryder 1 peak. It really was not that bad. Had a nice radio, EXCELLENT heat and a fairly comfy driver's seat. The only people that get rentals in my center are routes without helpers.

Indecisi0n

I delivered out of a Ryder 1 peak. It really was not that bad. Had a nice radio, EXCELLENT heat and a fairly comfy driver's seat. The only people that get rentals in my center are routes without helpers.

How many packages do they put in there? Do they get all mixed up? At least in the PC you can segregate and sort of sort and keep packages in their place (with shelves).

barnyard

KTM rider
How many packages do they put in there? Do they get all mixed up? At least in the PC you can segregate and sort of sort and keep packages in their place (with shelves).

The route I ran had 125ish stops. There are 2 wooden shelves added by the mechanics along the outside walls. They are loaded similar to our trucks, except backwards, section 1 is at the back. I brought a small tote and for smaller packages, would carry those in the cab in the tote (usually 10 or so stops at a time) larger packages stay in the back. The route I was on, I delivered areas either per EDD or reverse EDD. So the order in the back was really not that important.

When I loaded up my tote of smalls, I would line up the larger packages across the endgate, so as they came up, I would open the overhead just enough to pull out the package and away I would go.

Before EDD, I did it close to the same, except then, I would put a blank delivery notice on the small before a large delivery in back.

Once you get a routine that works, it is really not that bad to deliver out of a Ryder.

I am pretty sure the guy whose route I am covering will be back the 1st week of December, once he is back, I will probably move to an area that works out of a Ryder. Does not bum me out. No helper, which means most rural routes. I can dig it.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
There's p800 again? Man...the old p8's were shoulder breakers. I didn't know they came up with those again. huh...sure it's not a p7?

sortaisle

I love using shelf 9 in the riders...load up the cab. The only way to get it done in a timely manner without run n' gunning. I like shelf 9 in any package car really...but only when I have a helper.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

There's p800 again? Man...the old p8's were shoulder breakers. I didn't know they came up with those again. huh...sure it's not a p7?

We have begun getting the new P800s in my bldg as well, although not in my center as of yet. They are shorter than the new 1000s, of course, but otherwise identical. In fact, I have NOT seen new P700s, just 600s, 1000s, and now these 800s.

sortaisle

600's? not the new p5's or p57's but 6's now too? We have the largest shop in our area so we get all the old rigs and the new ones go to the smaller centers and buildings...which is amusing because those workhorses are piles of crap and they come to us to get repaired or have the warranty work done to em anyway.

menotyou

bella amicizia

One peak, my Subaru outback was my regular vehicle. Heated seats are the bomb!!! So, are mileage checks!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One peak, my Subaru outback was my regular vehicle. Heated seats are the bomb!!! So, are mileage checks!

My wife's car has heated seats for the butt and the lower back.
My Sorento does not.
As I approach 60, this is a nice feature.
We may donate my SUV and me keep her car for me when she gets a new car.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My wife's car has heated seats for the butt and the lower back.
My Sorento does not.
As I approach 60, this is a nice feature.
We may donate my SUV and me keep her car for me when she gets a new car.
My Subaru didn't have the lower back heater. The Volvo does, even in the back. The grands love it. It is a very nice feature.