weak union, bad business agents. what to do?

IPayUnionDues

the last contract got rammed down our throats and the next one will probably be even worse. the union seems weaker now then it ever has and ive watched the union let the company do anything and everything. i was a part timer for a few years and went driving and im still under the same BA unfortunately. does anyone know if there is anything I can do with grievances since my BA has some secret back end deal with my management team? my ba says next to nothing in my hearings and I cant imagine getting fired by a silly mistake and the guy would practically be half asleep!! if anyone has any advice

Staydryitsraining

Call the nlrb. Get other people to collaborate with you. Keep filing complaints about him, call your unions president and tell them the same thing. Have facts and evidence before you do this.

542thruNthru

the last contract got rammed down our throats and the next one will probably be even worse. the union seems weaker now then it ever has and ive watched the union let the company do anything and everything.
Like?

i was a part timer for a few years and went driving and im still under the same BA unfortunately. does anyone know if there is anything I can do with grievances since my BA has some secret back end deal with my management team?
What is this deal?
my ba says next to nothing in my hearings and I cant imagine getting fired by a silly mistake and the guy would practically be half asleep!! if anyone has any advice
What are these hearing for?

Box Ox

my ba says next to nothing in my hearings and I cant imagine getting fired by a silly mistake

How bad was it? Your username seems to imply that you're in a RTW state and most BAs down south aren't gonna jump up and start swinging from the rafters in your defense if it was pretty bad.

542thruNthru

He says he’s been fired “several” times but has no idea why
Sounds like a whiner looking for a hug
He also says he's been fired many time and always got back pay... Then he starts a thread about how useless his BA is and how he has some secret back end deals...

This guy loves story time.
im still under the same BA unfortunately. does anyone know if there is anything I can do with grievances since my BA has some secret back end deal with my management team? my ba says next to nothing in my hearings and I cant imagine getting fired by a silly mistake and the guy would practically be half asleep!! if anyone has any advice

i never understood why mgmt lies so much. ive been fired several times and i always come back with back pay. its sad really

ski or die

Ski or Die
does anyone know if there is anything I can do with grievances since my BA has some secret back end deal with my management team? my ba says next to nothing in my hearings and I cant imagine getting fired by a silly mistake and the guy would practically be half asleep!! if anyone has any advice
I was a steward and had a BA that was difficult to deal with. On one hearing over a seniority issue that was cut and dried, he sat on his hands, never spoke a word. I lost the grievance. I contacted our Local President and had a one on one meeting with me. The President was going to bring up charges for me against the BA. But I did not want to see a fellow Teamster lose his job. Just wanted the contract to be enforced. The President brought the BA into our meeting. The BA then met with Labor Manager and issue was resolved without another hearing.