week four - the final push!

watdaflock?

Sounds like some places are working right now - Sunday AM.
Our small hub is closed (thankfully) but after visiting the mall yesterday I'm guessing tomorrow and Tuesday is pretty rough.

This peak has been really smooth so far. Are we going out on a good note or getting creamed this final week?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like some places are working right now - Sunday AM.
Our small hub is closed (thankfully) but after visiting the mall yesterday I'm guessing tomorrow and Tuesday is pretty rough.

This peak has been really smooth so far. Are we going out on a good note or getting creamed this final week?

How would foot traffic at the mall equate to packages in our system?

watdaflock?

How would foot traffic at the mall equate to packages in our system?

I think it's people getting a few last minute gifts before shipping it Sunday. Granted not everyone at the mall is mailing gifts. Just was surprised by the amount of people at this small mall near where I live...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it's people getting a few last minute gifts before shipping it Sunday. Granted not everyone at the mall is mailing gifts. Just was surprised by the amount of people at this small mall near where I live...

Very few people who waited until the weekend before to shop will be turning around and sending those presents out as they would have to pay for at least 2nd Day Air to get them there.

I went to the mall yesterday morning to get my hair cut and it wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it would be.

Wizzy

Wife just read me the list of emails still offering Christmas delivery. 4 out 5. QVC didn't didn't say guaranteed. Our Sunday delivery got cancelled. Monday and Tuesday will be bad hopefully it dies on Wednesday.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm guessing Monday will be lighter. Due to our Saturday delivery. Tuesday will be a heavy day. Equal to last week. Wednesday will be a 5-6hr day. With a helper. Then off till Monday

PT Car Washer

Our Saturday delivery was all NDA and Savers. A lot of it was Monday volume but I still only had 20 stops. Less then a normal Saturday but we used twice as many drivers. Brought back all my apartment deliveries for Monday. Pick ups at the UPS stores were there normal heavy volume. All in all I have had worse Super Saturday the last 20 years. I do believe this will be my last Super Saturday. Time for the kids to grow up.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our Saturday delivery was all NDA and Savers. A lot of it was Monday volume but I still only had 20 stops. Less then a normal Saturday but we used twice as many drivers. Brought back all my apartment deliveries for Monday. Pick ups at the UPS stores were there normal heavy volume. All in all I have had worse Super Saturday the last 20 years. I do believe this will be my last Super Saturday. Time for the kids to grow up.
I don't miss picking up those UPS stores. :D My DOT job is only a shuttle between local buildings, fortunately.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Peak has been going surprisingly smooth here too. Just have to hold out for three more days!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The internet continues to take a chunk out of retail. Greater retail sales in turn means greater internet sales. If 20k shoppers pack a mall, you can bet an additional 5-10% are shopping at home.
Retail is retail whether it's internet or physical in-person purchases from a bricks n mortar business. Higher than usual foot traffic at a mall doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could mean that more people are shopping locally than online (unlikely). It could mean that too many people procrastinated and waited until the last minute and realize they don't have time to shop online. It could mean that the economy is doing better and people have more money to spend this year and are shopping more both in person and online. Additionally things that would be delivered in the next couple of days were ordered last week.