week four - the final push!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yesterday was my busiest day on the old homestead. 2 packages from USPS, I from FEDEX, and about 7:30 last night, 2 from UPS. Wife was leaving for work this morning at 7am and met the mailman walking up our driveway with a package. That only leaves 1 to go. It was originally scheduled for delivery on the 19th, but now it's moved back to the 24th. No biggie, it is a birthday gift for yours truly, and I ordered it myself. lol

MeltedSnowman

My hub was quite as a church. One belt was backed up but that is because it is run by a Mr. :censored2:. When I left at 10 some drivers were still coming back....unloading the packages that didn't get delivered.

oldngray

nowhere special
out_sourced_christmas_delivery.jpg

watdaflock?

Today was light. I don't think we earned any OT today.

Oh well...it was nice while it lasted. Glad the worse of "peak season" is over. We may still be heavy for a few but all good.

watdaflock?

Heavyish....but I got plenty of OT standing around waiting for late air.
We had late Air too. Not everyone on the clock to handle it tho'.
Our center manager bought Bobs this AM. Loaded up with pancakes, sausage, hash browns for everyone. Very cool.
May have been a few still on the clock to handle Air but majority was cut loose.

I'm in a small hub so volume probably isn't comparable to some places.

MeltedSnowman

Business as usual on my HUB for the 24th. No food but free candy canes that somehow pissed people off. As far as I know only one person was shown the door. The rest of us season folk live to fight another day.

AKCoverMan

Adios a la rentals.
Funny you say that.. as I walked thru the yard to the gate tonight I noticed all our rentals still parked at the center. The last few peaks I have been in a rental either a Uhaul or 4x4 and we always returned all of them on Christmas Eve to avoid paying more rental on them. Wonder what's different this year?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Funny you say that.. as I walked thru the yard to the gate tonight I noticed all our rentals still parked at the center. The last few peaks I have been in a rental either a Uhaul or 4x4 and we always returned all of them on Christmas Eve to avoid paying more rental on them. Wonder what's different this year?

In our center the folks who would normally be returning the rentals were instead shuttling out late NDA to our rural drivers. I imagine they will start bringing them back Friday or Saturday.