clean hairy

My understanding is that you can see a dr of your choice.
The company can then have you go to their dr, but it is your choice who you see first.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My understanding is that you can see a dr of your choice.
The company can then have you go to their dr, but it is your choice who you see first.

It is likely an issue of state law. I went to my doctor for a deep cut on my scalp. They asked up front if it happened at work, so they could file the claim with workers comp if needed. Besides, some companies are small enough to not "have" doctors, so who would you go to then?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
IMG_0267.GIF
The wrists take a beating?
I use the 8 keys to lifting and lowering

Superteeth2478

It is likely an issue of state law. I went to my doctor for a deep cut on my scalp. They asked up front if it happened at work, so they could file the claim with workers comp if needed. Besides, some companies are small enough to not "have" doctors, so who would you go to then?

Who cares what some companies do

You work for a company that does
Ah, I live in good ol' Texas, the state where Worker's Compensation laws suck big hairy monkey dick. Hence the recommendation to go to UPS's doctor first, then get a second opinion from your own doctor. Otherwise you really do screw yourself down here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Who cares what some companies do

You work for a company that does

Equal protection under the law, for one. And in every comp issue I've encountered out of my building they had the employee go to an urgent care facility, not some corporate, workers comp denial mill. As far as I can tell, your statement is incorrect as it applies to my situation.