PLEASE ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Theunknownpickle, Sep 28, 2019.

1. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

My understanding is that you can see a dr of your choice.
    The company can then have you go to their dr, but it is your choice who you see first.

2. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

Do you know how many people I've seen screw themselves out of Worker's Compensation benefits by going to their own doctor first?

3. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

But don't you hurt you wrist often hoisting beer after beer?

4. I use the 8 keys to lifting and lowering

5. Wally

Always make sure the doctor knows you are worried about the injury getting worse due to getting back to work too soon. You force the Dr into CYA mode.

6. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

It is likely an issue of state law. I went to my doctor for a deep cut on my scalp. They asked up front if it happened at work, so they could file the claim with workers comp if needed. Besides, some companies are small enough to not "have" doctors, so who would you go to then?

7. Wally

IMG_0267.GIF The wrists take a beating?

8. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

It is, and they vary.

9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Who cares what some companies do

You work for a company that does

10. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

Ah, I live in good ol' Texas, the state where Worker's Compensation laws suck big hairy monkey dick. Hence the recommendation to go to UPS's doctor first, then get a second opinion from your own doctor. Otherwise you really do screw yourself down here.

11. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Equal protection under the law, for one. And in every comp issue I've encountered out of my building they had the employee go to an urgent care facility, not some corporate, workers comp denial mill. As far as I can tell, your statement is incorrect as it applies to my situation.