$$$$$$$$ Week

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 35years, Nov 30, 2019.

1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Block has not been in Walmart for at least 5 years-----Jackson Hewitt has taken their place.

2. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Who cares homie? We havent quit our jobs to retire and cypher at 15/hr plus bonus trinkets.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

Yawn.

4. Wrong

Wrong :))

Then the government takes their half and it’s gone.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

ADJUST YOUR W-4!!!!!!!

6. Boywondr

Boywondr Newbie Doo

Don't fall asleep at your desk or you may have to sit up by the teacher homie.

7. watdaflock?

watdaflock? Well-Known Member

Good for you.

8. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

Here you get overtime on saturday as a M-F employee. It does not matter if you took 4 days off, if you are /scheduled/ to work Monday + Saturday, one of them must be at an overtime rate. This is why they insist in the WR on asking you whether you want to work Saturday or not even when scheduled. I'm filing for it right now however, since PT employees cannot have their schedule changed for the week except in emergency, it's a neat trick that screws FT employees out of their overtime, however.

9. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

are you kidding. for 20 plus years I averaged 52-60 hours a week in feeder. and feeder here is no bed of roses when we can be putting chains on for 4-5 months out of the year.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  10. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

You don't understand how taxes and withholding work in the least. Half is not "gone", it's just being withheld. You'll still only pay your rate at the end of the year.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

...or you could adjust your W-4 now, keep more of what you made and get a little bit less back when you file...

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Production incentives. Lmfao just another reason not to get taxes done at HR block

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  13. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

In the western conference pension, you can start drawing the pension at 65 and keep working. You continue to earn pension credits while doing so. Every year your pension check would increase while you were double dipping.

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Yawn

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Who in the heck wants to keep working when they are 65 or older?

16. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Porters? Clerks? Feeder drivers who want to take home over 200k/year? I don't know. Certainly not me.

17. MattM

MattM Member

That's one thing upsers does right. Updating the w-4 withholdings is easy. I've been getting back less and less every year. I'm finally adjusting it correctly. It's usually adjusted within one paycheck.

If one knows their estimated wages/paycheck, you can look at the IRS and the wage bracket method shows you what each estimated withholding # will be withheld on your paycheck.

If you never change a thing, standard is 0, and they'll take out the most. You can even set it to a set amount to be withheld.

The fun trick is trying to balance it so you get a zero refund. NO free handouts for the government.

One can work in reverse. If you know your final projected income #s, you'll know how much you owe in taxes. If you are already withholding that much, change the w-4 for the rest of the year so they take out nothing. Pretty simple indeed.

18. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

People pay to have their taxes done when the majority of people could do them on a smart phone for free.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

Bingo!!

Midway through our class they walked us through a sample return and invoice. It was relatively basic-----couple of W-2's, 1098-T, 1099-INT and 1099-DIV. The invoice was $509, which included several up sell products (Piece of Mind and Identity Shield). The same could have been down with their tax software for less than $100.

20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I’m sure you’ll inform them as such and let them make an educated decision.