$$$$$$$$ Week

El Correcto

god is dead
Easily over $3,000 this week.

Over $1,100 just for Black Friday (double time+holiday pay)

$37.64 per hour:

M 12.1 hrs= $533
T 11 hrs = $470
W 10.7 hrs= $454
Th 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
friend 10.8 hrs= $813 Double time
friend 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
S 8.1 hrs = $457 Time and 1/2

$3,329 total, worked 53 actual

I know one of our feeders actually averages more than that every week (sleeper mileage team) He made over $175,000 last year.
Then the government takes their half and it’s gone.

watdaflock?

Easily over $3,000 this week.

Over $1,100 just for Black Friday (double time+holiday pay)

$37.64 per hour:

M 12.1 hrs= $533
T 11 hrs = $470
W 10.7 hrs= $454
Th 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
friend 10.8 hrs= $813 Double time
friend 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
S 8.1 hrs = $457 Time and 1/2

$3,329 total, worked 53 actual

I know one of our feeders actually averages more than that every week (sleeper mileage team) He made over $175,000 last year.
Good for you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I think my local is just junk. How is Saturday OT, If it's technically only his 5th punch, with a day break? Do other holidays work in the same manner for you guys?

I'm not seeing drivers here pulling that off.
Glad to see the union helping some of you out.
Holiday pay counts as a punch.
Here you get overtime on saturday as a M-friend employee. It does not matter if you took 4 days off, if you are /scheduled/ to work Monday + Saturday, one of them must be at an overtime rate. This is why they insist in the WR on asking you whether you want to work Saturday or not even when scheduled. I'm filing for it right now however, since PT employees cannot have their schedule changed for the week except in emergency, it's a neat trick that screws FT employees out of their overtime, however.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
12hr days? Yikes buddy. You definitely earned it. But what are you trying to prove here? We know what top rate is. Everyone of you drivers just pulled that off.

Question. They let you work on Saturday? Sixth day here is reserved for maybe one week out of the year (week before Christmas). Not that I don’t believe you. But OT is given out that freely in your local? My local is trash. In fact they cut our hours for peak. Driving on Saturday is reserved for air or 22.4. How you pulling a guaranteed 8 at full wage on a non essential work day?

what’s your secret op? Really high seniority? A lot of that isn’t feasible in my area/local.
are you kidding. for 20 plus years I averaged 52-60 hours a week in feeder. and feeder here is no bed of roses when we can be putting chains on for 4-5 months out of the year.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
In the western conference pension, you can start drawing the pension at 65 and keep working. You continue to earn pension credits while doing so. Every year your pension check would increase while you were double dipping.

MattM

...or you could adjust your W-4 now, keep more of what you made and get a little bit less back when you file...
That's one thing upsers does right. Updating the w-4 withholdings is easy. I've been getting back less and less every year. I'm finally adjusting it correctly. It's usually adjusted within one paycheck.

If one knows their estimated wages/paycheck, you can look at the IRS and the wage bracket method shows you what each estimated withholding # will be withheld on your paycheck.

If you never change a thing, standard is 0, and they'll take out the most. You can even set it to a set amount to be withheld.

The fun trick is trying to balance it so you get a zero refund. NO free handouts for the government.

One can work in reverse. If you know your final projected income #s, you'll know how much you owe in taxes. If you are already withholding that much, change the w-4 for the rest of the year so they take out nothing. Pretty simple indeed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People pay to have their taxes done when the majority of people could do them on a smart phone for free.

Bingo!!

Midway through our class they walked us through a sample return and invoice. It was relatively basic-----couple of W-2's, 1098-T, 1099-INT and 1099-DIV. The invoice was $509, which included several up sell products (Piece of Mind and Identity Shield). The same could have been down with their tax software for less than $100.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bingo!!

Midway through our class they walked us through a sample return and invoice. It was relatively basic-----couple of W-2's, 1098-T, 1099-INT and 1099-DIV. The invoice was $509, which included several up sell products (Piece of Mind and Identity Shield). The same could have been down with their tax software for less than $100.
I’m sure you’ll inform them as such and let them make an educated decision.