$$$$$$$$ Week

35years

Gravy route
I think my local is just junk. How is Saturday OT, If it's technically only his 5th punch, with a day break? Do other holidays work in the same manner for you guys?

I'm not seeing drivers here pulling that off.
Glad to see the union helping some of you out.
Depends on your supplement.
Here holiday counts as a punch, and 6th punch is at time and 1/2. Holiday work is double time here. You probally have better language in other areas of the contract (more paid time off comes to mind).

MattM

I'm Western/SW region. Nothing specific to ramp workers in the supplement. Vague language for time and a half for working holidays. Then again, we're only guaranteed 3hrs a day, so we aren't even really ups workers it feels like. Half the language doesn't apply to us.

How does job classification apply to sixth day work? We have driver helpers working on non scheduled work days away from the ramp. I hope they are flourishing.

35years

Gravy route
Was he in the union, or one who had no use for the union?

Was in the union, he retired.

He stated many times he thought unions were worthless.

I believe now he is working as a retired seasonal. He said he wants it to lead to permanent. Around here seasonals dont get paid holidays, and no double time.

We had several retired drivers come back for peak over the last few years. Never heard of one being reinstated permanently.

35years

Gravy route
I guess I should let him answer for himself...Sorry Dave.

When he came back to the forum this is what I gathered from his posts.

Each pension is different in its rules.

We have old drivers collecting pension, social security while still driving, but they never retired. In our pension rules you have to stop working before collecting your pension unless you have reached the age where you have to start receiving it.

35years

Gravy route
We (our plan) have had 30 and out at any age for a long time. 25 and out as well.

This is part of the reason the plans are going under. But there would be a revolt if they took it away.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Easily over $3,000 this week.

Over $1,100 just for Black Friday (double time+holiday pay)

$37.64 per hour:

M 12.1 hrs= $533
T 11 hrs = $470
W 10.7 hrs= $454
Th 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
friend 10.8 hrs= $813 Double time
friend 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
S 8.1 hrs = $457 Time and 1/2

$3,329 total, worked 53 actual

I know one of our feeders actually averages more than that every week (sleeper mileage team) He made over $175,000 last year.
I cleared $2395 this month.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We (our plan) have had 30 and out at any age for a long time. 25 and out as well.

This is part of the reason the plans are going under. But there would be a revolt if they took it away.
We've even got early retirement at 50 as long as you're vested.

rustys954rr

Depends on your supplement.
Here holiday counts as a punch, and 6th punch is at time and 1/2. Holiday work is double time here. You probally have better language in other areas of the contract (more paid time off comes to mind).
Your supplement has wording for air operations? Article 40 is what screws ramp employees over, the same ground employee at that location would be getting double time while the air ramp employee is paid straight time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was in the union, he retired.

He stated many times he thought unions were worthless.

I believe now he is working as a retired seasonal. He said he wants it to lead to permanent. Around here seasonals dont get paid holidays, and no double time.

We had several retired drivers come back for peak over the last few years. Never heard of one being reinstated permanently.

Never said the unions were worthless. What I said was unions promote mediocrity.

I am working as a seasonal tax preparer at H&R Block with the hope that it becomes permanent.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Never said the unions were worthless. What I said was unions promote mediocrity.

I am working as a seasonal tax preparer at H&R Block with the hope that it becomes permanent.

quit an 80k a year job to go to a minimum wage job

C4267570-F06C-400A-8371-6C2840717576.gif