Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok I wasn’t management I was a driver maybe because they were the only class a shares I had left? The site told me I couldn’t do it but I tried anyway and it went through.did you try anyway?

I'm not management either. Yes, I tried. I have shares that weren't eligible for sale because I haven't owned them for two years. You didn't have that problem because you've been retired and all your shares were eligible.

sox

I'm not management either. Yes, I tried. I have shares that weren't eligible for sale because I haven't owned them for two years. You didn't have that problem because you've been retired and all your shares were eligible.
Ok I get it I don’t know if I’d trust the usps the way things are going. I hope you can fax the paperwork.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok I get it I don’t know if I’d trust the usps the way things are going. I hope you can fax the paperwork.

Not notarized. I had that concern too. Probably cost me 20 bucks, or more, to ship it next day via UPS, but worth it if it gets sold before the price plunges.

Karma...

I agree...fully priced until the next positive earnings information ..then it will go up.....I expect positive gains in both stock and divs.....carol knows her job and will implement any and all needed changes to investers
....adjust to changing conditions.....I think a positive planned peak in 2020 is in store.......remember.....PPP....and PPPP Proper Planning Prevents Panic..as not evidenced in prior peaks....

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I agree...fully priced until the next positive earnings information ..then it will go up.....I expect positive gains in both stock and divs.....carol knows her job and will implement any and all needed changes to investers
....adjust to changing conditions.....I think a positive planned peak in 2020 is in store.......remember.....PPP....and PPPP Proper Planning Prevents Panic..as not evidenced in prior peaks....

It's cute when the toddler cheerleaders take the field....

CHEMA-DELMA

When you retire from management you have to wait for all shares to vest take 6 years to get everything that you worked so hard for. It all started when they stopped giving us turkey's downhill after that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When you retire from management you have to wait for all shares to vest take 6 years to get everything that you worked so hard for. It all started when they stopped giving us turkey's downhill after that.

So none of your shares are vested until 6 years after retirement? Or it takes 6 years for your stock to vest? And is that just the stock the company gives you as part of your compensation, or does that include stock that you bought through the DSPI program?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's cute when the toddler cheerleaders take the field....

Hey, I can understand a little enthusiasm under the circumstances. The way this company has been managed, anything different can be exciting. But I'm not seeing any structural differences, except the fact that we aren't guaranteeing packages right now. That could come back to bite us, but, I think most people are being understanding given the circumstances.

If I were to focus on growing the company, therefore the stock price, I would look back to the roots of the company. Start adding in same day, in town couriers from all those stores that are starting to offer their own same day delivery service. Start taking on companies like grubhub, uber eats, doordash, etc.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey, I can understand a little enthusiasm under the circumstances. The way this company has been managed, anything different can be exciting. But I'm not seeing any structural differences, except the fact that we aren't guaranteeing packages right now. That could come back to bite us, but, I think most people are being understanding given the circumstances.

If I were to focus on growing the company, therefore the stock price, I would look back to the roots of the company. Start adding in same day, in town couriers from all those stores that are starting to offer their own same day delivery service. Start taking on companies like grubhub, uber eats, doordash, etc.

I'm almost positive that what they're planning or have in the works is not being shared on your level. They did announce raising prices and that has helped the share price as well. It is the old game of supply and demand. UPS could go a lot higher as there has been a paradigm shift not only in the delivery business but the world we live in as a whole. Only time will tell and how UPS is managed going forward. We will see.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm almost positive that what they're planning or have in the works is not being shared on your level. They did announce raising prices and that has helped the share price as well. It is the old game of supply and demand. UPS could go a lot higher as there has been a paradigm shift not only in the delivery business but the world we live in as a whole. Only time will tell and how UPS is managed going forward. We will see.

Sure, that's why I'm asking if anyone knows of anything in the works. I've said in many other threads that raising prices on diminishing capacity is business 101. That's good if they are doing it, but they also have to play the balancing act of not losing customers to the competition in the process. I think Abney, at least, was too cautious when it came to that, and that's why our peaks have always sucked. And why the stock price generally rises during peak and then drops right after.

I hope for the best for the company, I'm just not going to expect the stock price to grow to Amazon levels with what seems to be happening in the company now.

trickpony1

You could, conceivably, be dead by then from stress/physical problems from years in management.
Maybe the company planned it that way?

Are you smoking dope. We can't handle it now.
Some of these builds are trashed and are days or weeks behind.

Karma...

I am looking forward to the 2 for 1 split when the stock price hits 200 either late this year or early next year.........this peak will be awesome in its planning and execution !....right on carol !.......right on !....finally a professional....remember...PPPP....proper planning prevents panic......and demonstrates leadership........setting a positive course !

Up In Smoke

I am looking forward to the 2 for 1 split when the stock price hits 200 either late this year or early next year.........this peak will be awesome in its planning and execution !....right on carol !.......right on !....finally a professional....remember...PPPP....proper planning prevents panic......and demonstrates leadership........setting a positive course !
You do realize this quarter was basically in the books before she sat down, right? You realize that domestic profits were lower than same quarter last year and this stock is trading on volumes that derive their increase from stimulus and $600.00 unemployment bonuses. I have hope this company removes its' collective head out of its' ass, but time and a domestic volume plan will tell.

Karma...

I do realize your valid points....if at some point it is no longer sensible to continue ground service in America and instead concentrate in foreign I expect that call to be made....as unlikely as that scenario seems have to be pragmatic

Up In Smoke

its a question of a union company (ups) competing with nonunion companies ( amazon and fdx)
???? UPS 481,000 employees in 2019 had 73 billion in revenue, 14 billion in gross income and 4.4 billion in net income
FedEx 400,000 employees in 2019 had 70 billion in revenue, 15 billion in gross income and 540 million in net income.
I don't see where union employees are making UPS less profitable. Amazon too small at this point to compare. Fixed labor costs benefit UPS when forming price structures. Just imagine if UPS threw away everything but PAS and the key fob. $$$$$$

Karma...

great current points.....I am looking ahead and hypothenize what the future conditions may be and how best to adjust......what is now is old news and as such is outdated.....projections are best not based solely on the past...thats what ie has historically done with lousy projections and results.....

Karma...

I know how to spell and how to invent words to convey my intellect....and to your point....it would be from former not latter...touche !