Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

Fenris

Ok... So the dominoes keep falling. Ive been waiting to see what Juan Perez's fate was but if I read it correctly on UPSers it looks like he got a promotion I think and is in charge of ATG (Advanced Technology Group)
That is not a promotion, just more responsibility. A lot of ATG actvities were under him anyway.

moldsporh

Yeah wow, look at the stock price, ever think how it became that? Force drivers to work peak from March until whenever, now that (peak) is approaching, drivers will be burned out. For some reason they justify the number of stops and keep emoyees from their family.

Now they want to add in cameras, I hate to say it, but once drivers know they are being watched their entire shift, you think you are going to get pre-telematics production back? That ship has sailed, and now you will lose the wind.

I don't care either way, but it's plain as day what will happen.

j13501

You have to remember that half of UPS's "Terrific People" are the essential work force of Collective Bargaining employees. There will be a change in the leadership with the Teamsters before the next contract...The Company will not be dealing (I pray) with Union leadership that has failed to listen to it's own membership and ramrodded the last two contracts down our throats...

...I been with this Company close to 44 years now and personally I see good long term people giving up.."Both Hourly and Management" most are burnt up trying to make "bricks without straw" to please directives from clueless people that should never have been promoted in the first place without actual operations experience.

This is a well expressed post, that explains the issues that UPS will face in the next few years. Corporate UPS can't act like Amazon - an non-union company that can pay lower wages and do what it wants with it's business. UPS has to recognize that it's Teamster employees will not accept working six days a week, for months on end, just so the company can deliver all the additional volume being shipped during this pandemic. If the next contract is unsuccessful, it could have a huge affect on the long term viability of both UPS and the Teamster's union.

Hopefully, hiring will increase rapidly, so that peak season can be normally busy and not a failure - in employee satisfaction, service and cost. It's a big concern if we're losing good people that are giving up because they don't have the resources to do the job.

Karma...

I feel that since the discontinuance of management defined pension people restricts the variety of people who used to come into the fold.....long term being a teamster is better than being management.......but I remember when all management started out in the teamsters..driving, hub, center.etc......that meant shared experience and credibility......teamsters with ties......points of honor.....when we went public the ups culture faded away....when did anyone celebrate a meaningful founders day ?.......founders day used to be like November 10th ( u.s.m.c. ).............perhaps founders day should be renamed flounders day and be done with it....

Karma...

carol has the chance to provide much needed leadership for all upsers......past.present. and future....I trust carol is up to the challenge.....

Karma...

the question is how to continually get quality people into ups as teamsters and then management....hiring management from outside the company is not the direction to continue......ups should be self-contained and get the culture back....

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
the question is how to continually get quality people into ups as teamsters and then management....hiring management from outside the company is not the direction to continue......ups should be self-contained and get the culture back....
There's not many left in management that remember the culture. Same in hourly....the old school drivers are considered to be troublemakers because we refuse to join the crooked crowd. The dishonesty in operations management is sickening nowadays. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure how high it goes but we got some crooked sob's where I work. The culture only gets worse because eventually, they feel untouchable and can get away with anything. It's a sad thing to see.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
There's not many left in management that remember the culture. Same in hourly....the old school drivers are considered to be troublemakers because we refuse to join the crooked crowd. The dishonesty in operations management is sickening nowadays. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure how high it goes but we got some crooked sob's where I work. The culture only gets worse because eventually, they feel untouchable and can get away with anything. It's a sad thing to see.

Trust me the dishonesty runs (High) throughout Atlanta...no accountability, far too many demi-gods that actually believe they are God's gift to the corporation surround by boot licking partners that keeps fortifying that opinion..They live in a bubble...The few old school ones that did go through the ranks were brainwashed many moons ago..The only reason that they left driving or Hub operations is they couldn't cut it...They saw the attrition rate (physical and mentality) with their fellow teamster employees and they knew they would not last unless they went into management. (Back then most of the part timer workforce was going through school, most of the old school drivers have four year degrees and some actually have masters).

The only thing that is keeping this company floating today are the old school drivers, and old time insiders. When they leave watch out...."Have you seen the newbies going through HR"

The dishonesty you see in operations are either approved by somebody on the upper level or it could be that the dishonest ground level management teams knows they will never be found out because those above them are
"So Stupid"...

DELACROIX

Worst part is there is no input from management on this thread. They are all either scared to reply or in on it.

"Yeap...scared crap-less..." The Management that do respond on this site are retired, and they are telling horror stories of mismanagement and situational ethics, particularly at the upper levels...

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Doubt they'll get doxed. They'd rather get our IDs

What are you trying to say? Doxed?
1599588232490.png

Karma...

I look back to when I got hired and was delighted to have such a great pt job and go to college.....I also did 2 years in the service.......I have no complaints and wouldn't complain even if I had any........semper fi....all you have to do is follow the methods and do your job...a fair days pay for a fair days work....clear and concise.....not always easy but fair....

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I look back to when I got hired and was delighted to have such a great pt job and go to college.....I also did 2 years in the service.......I have no complaints and wouldn't complain even if I had any........semper fi....all you have to do is follow the methods and do your job...a fair days pay for a fair days work....clear and concise.....not always easy but fair....
The ones that follow the methods are the ones harassed in my center. Not sure what rock you hide under.

DELACROIX

ive never been harassed following the methods....I follow the methods and I dont concern myself with the numbers....stay safe

What are the "Methods" and how do you follow them? Serious Question....

What are "Numbers" and how do you obtain them? Silly Question....

Being harassed is something that I am very familiar with.... Again back to the first question or is it subjective...