Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
great current points.....I am looking ahead and hypothenize what the future conditions may be and how best to adjust......what is now is old news and as such is outdated.....projections are best not based solely on the past...thats what ie has historically done with lousy projections and results.....
Ie has never done anything great, nor will they ever. You truly don't know the history of this company.
IE had the keys to the company I believe in the early 90's, maybe late 80's. They ran the ship into the ground. They had the keys taken away. Now we got the same thing happening. Smh. No idea!!!

Karma...

good points mostly.....ie especially.........outside consultants were not any help either.......where is that overseas partners statement ?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Ie has never done anything great, nor will they ever. You truly don't know the history of this company.
IE had the keys to the company I believe in the early 90's, maybe late 80's. They ran the ship into the ground. They had the keys taken away. Now we got the same thing happening. Smh. No idea!!!
When did the keys get taken away? The reason they took over was because of incompetent operations management.

brown metal coffin

I must say I'm really surprised to hear that Perez is on the skids. His partner in crime George Willis may not be to far behind him unless he's distancing himself. Im sure that Tome' has been keeping an eye on the players for quite some time. She's was on the UPS board for over a decade.

And......... It happened... I just read that George Willis is "retiring" and is being replaced. It looks like the top shelf carousel is in no danger of slowing down. I wonder whose next? It could very well be Juan Perez but he seems knee deep in multiple implementations these days.

Returntosender

And......... It happened... I just read that George Willis is "retiring" and is being replaced. It looks like the top shelf carousel is in no danger of slowing down. I wonder whose next? It could very well be Juan Perez but he seems knee deep in multiple implementations these days.
When he was charge of the west he visited our operation. our building looked brand new clean and organized

j13501

And......... It happened... I just read that George Willis is "retiring" and is being replaced.
This is very concerning. George Willis was a very good operator, who understood the business and was making improvements on the problems he inherited from the previous President of U.S. operations. I think it's great that Carol Tome' has a fresh vision on the growth of the company, but she's got to have some people working for her that understand how UPS works.
The man replacing George is Nando Cesarone, who was George's peer - President of UPS International. But I believe that Nando never worked in the U.S. - all of his listed experience is international. So he will have a learning curve. Then they replaced Nando with Scott Price, who was hired onto the Management Committee from Walmart. So he will have a BIG learning curve.
Let's hope they can learn fast, so we continue to grow the business.

JJinVA

3vocr3map8l41.jpg

Popeye

I thought being black was a requirement for this position. I guess that’s changed.

If I were Juan Perez I would have been spiffing up my LinkedIn profile a long time ago. No doubt Carol Tome wants an IT pro running IT. He isn’t it.

rickyb

I was concerned at first that we were bringing in an outsider as CEO, but after looking at the results from our prior CEO, Dave Abney, she can only be an improvement.

Stock price on David's first day- Sept. 1 2014 ----$97.95
Stock price on his last day - May 29, 2020.....$99.71
1.796% gain over 5 years or .0036 gain per year

Hopefully, it will be a financially successful for all parties (you, the employees and the shareowners)
wow the slaves are so welcoming to their new corporate masters

worldwide

This is very concerning. George Willis was a very good operator, who understood the business and was making improvements on the problems he inherited from the previous President of U.S. operations. I think it's great that Carol Tome' has a fresh vision on the growth of the company, but she's got to have some people working for her that understand how UPS works.
The man replacing George is Nando Cesarone, who was George's peer - President of UPS International. But I believe that Nando never worked in the U.S. - all of his listed experience is international. So he will have a learning curve. Then they replaced Nando with Scott Price, who was hired onto the Management Committee from Walmart. So he will have a BIG learning curve.
Let's hope they can learn fast, so we continue to grow the business.

Scott has plenty of international experience: president and chief executive officer of Walmart Asia from 2009-16; CEO of DHL Express Europe; CEO of DHL Express Asia-Pacific; DHL Express Japan. Can't continue to operate international division as it has been so this shake up likely to create some positive changes. Outside the US, UPS is the #3 player in the industry so plenty of room to grow.

Karma...

Perhaps Carol put her time on the BOD to great use in identifying both issues and the people she wants in place to correct the issues of the past. I see a well planned methodical pragmatic approach......Ups is a great company with terrific people...whats needed is inspired leadership....I feel and sense that it is now here and in position to return value to the stock holders........The barometer is the stock price and dividend pay out.......

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Perhaps Carol put her time on the BOD to great use in identifying both issues and the people she wants in place to correct the issues of the past. I see a well planned methodical pragmatic approach......Ups is a great company with terrific people...whats needed is inspired leadership....I feel and sense that it is now here and in position to return value to the stock holders........The barometer is the stock price and dividend pay out.......

Time will tell with Carol, she has only been in charge since June. There has been a lot of high level retirements this year, many were probably asked to leave or take a lower positions with the company. All of them are leaving multi-millionaires, the ones still remaining are set for life even if they get terminated. What are the incentives for those remaining to provide any positive changes with this company? I once described Corporate Atlanta as a "Busy Bee Hive of Bad Behavior" well over a decade ago, has it changed?

You have to remember that half of UPS's "Terrific People" are the essential work force of Collective Bargaining employees. There will be a change in the leadership with the Teamsters before the next contract...The Company will not be dealing (I pray) with Union leadership that has failed to listen to it's own membership and ramrodded the last two contracts down our throats. A lot can and will happen in the 2 1/2 years when they start negotiating, If Biden gets in we all know what will happen..If Trump gets in with the help of the blue collar, middle American vote he will forever grateful or favor the people that put him back to finish his last 4 years. As a Union Grunt in operations I can tell you that Most of the working members of the Teamsters are voting Trump despite of what Hoffa says, just on what is happening in our streets and particularly the potential risks to our individual 401K and retirement plans.

Your statement above fails to mention "Service"...Question for you if you have been around for any amount of time would be: Have we improved to the service levels that we were operating at let us say 20 years ago or we hiding service failures because of poor planning and management decisions to look good on paper while operations is going to Hell in a Hand basket. I been with this Company close to 44 years now and personally I see good long term people giving up.."Both Hourly and Management" most are burnt up trying to make "bricks without straw" to please directives from clueless people that should never have been promoted in the first place without actual operations experience.

The Hourlies are toasted with 50 to 60 hours, 6 day operations currently and are expecting a "Peak From Hell"..
Sure the stock has gone up for the stockholders..It has for most of the Corporations in America with the decisions being made in Washington when this Pandemic hit, we are just riding the wave...It has nothing to do with any decisions being made in Atlanta by anybody and never has....

JJinVA

Her first month in she did away with the weight limit on smalls. Which, staring at a piece of paper in an office makes sense, it's more efficient to cram more small boxes into bags right? Unless that bag is full of the Federal boxes of bullets. And then you have a 200lb bag getting slung around.

This is one example of the short sightedness of someone who is a pencil pusher and never worked in a warehouse. Hey Carol, how about focusing on adding gps to every truck at UPS? We're kind of a logistics company and might need to know where we're going. Or how about replacing scanners that cut labels in half which result in 100s off misloads a week?

Or we can all just stand in the parking lot screaming black lives matter for 14 hours a day since that's more news worthy than delivery

brown metal coffin

Ok... So the dominoes keep falling. Ive been waiting to see what Juan Perez's fate was but if I read it correctly on UPSers it looks like he got a promotion I think and is in charge of ATG (Advanced Technology Group)