Welcome to Stupid Saturday

BrownTexas

Your analysis seems to me to be dishonest (according to me). :glare:
If you read through the entire thread, the current discussion is about whether a driver should work as directed when given written (on DIAD, for instance) instructions that are different than standard procedures.
The premise is drivers should work as directed if it is not unsafe or illegal. There is some who conjecture that dishonest equals illegal but the two are different sets.
So with this summary of the thread to this point, please give your opinion on this scenario:

A driver is instructed to sheet packages up as EC and come on in.
The driver asks for verification on the DIAD and receives written verification that he/she is being instructed to do something that that the driver perceives as being dishonest (or a snow cone or a piece of pizza, really doesn't matter what the driver calls it).
Should the driver work as directed or refuse and sheet per standard procedure.
I believe this scenario the driver would be able to use safety as a reason to sheet as EC. The center may be able to foresee bad weather and this is he safest plan. If this is being done for other reason, like they know he is just going to have missed because it is a heavy day, I would continue on and sheet undelivered pkgs as missed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe this scenario the driver would be able to use safety as a reason to sheet as EC. The center may be able to foresee bad weather and this is he safest plan. If this is being done for other reason, like they know he is just going to have missed because it is a heavy day, I would continue on and sheet undelivered pkgs as missed.
They would probably understand in your case.

brostalss

Worked 10 minutes short of 8 hours on a resi route. did 178 of the 181 stops in the load. My route sat there. I made someones Monday a walk in the park.

Steward773

If you read through the entire thread, the current discussion is about whether a driver should work as directed when given written (on DIAD, for instance) instructions that are different than standard procedures.
The premise is drivers should work as directed if it is not unsafe or illegal. There is some who conjecture that dishonest equals illegal but the two are different sets.
So with this summary of the thread to this point, please give your opinion on this scenario:

The driver asks for verification on the DIAD and receives written verification that he/she is being instructed to do something that that the driver perceives as being dishonest (or a snow cone or a piece of pizza, really doesn't matter what the driver calls it).

Obviously you never read the company policy and procedure books or called the ethics hot line for that matter.

I would bring that package in, take a steward, the manager and a on car sup in the office and ask them if I sheet the package missed if I will be disciplined. If they say yes then I will ask them to write a statement that they are instructing me to falsify information, that will end the discussion right there. Done it before and so have my co workers without getting discipline.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Obviously you never read the company policy and procedure books or called the ethics hot line for that matter.

I would bring that package in, take a steward, the manager and a on car sup in the office and ask them if I sheet the package missed if I will be disciplined. If they say yes then I will ask them to write a statement that they are instructing me to falsify information, that will end the discussion right there. Done it before and so have my co workers without getting discipline.
If instructed in writing, why not just sheet EC?
What are you getting out of putting up a fight?

They want to cook the books that's their business. It's just cardboard, we're not doctors or lawyers. "Ethics" is kind of a joke when it comes to someone getting their amazon crap a day later than expected.

Steward773

If instructed in writing, why not just sheet EC?
What are you getting out of putting up a fight?

They want to cook the books that's their business. It's just cardboard, we're not doctors or lawyers. "Ethics" is kind of a joke when it comes to someone getting their amazon crap a day later than expected.

Because when you are dishonest, they discharge you....so it's ok for management to do it? I think not. I don't care if it's Christmas or the middle of summer. They had a year to plan for this peak.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Because when you are dishonest, they discharge you....so it's ok for management to do it? I think not. I don't care if it's Christmas or the middle of summer. They had a year to plan for this peak.
Sounds like you've got a bone to pick about a different situation and are using it to justify opposition to this one.

More power to you brother. We all know they're dishonest, stick it to them if that's what you feel you need to do.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

I agree with what both of you are saying but grieving the dishonesty will get you nothing. I say keep sheeting these missed as EC and let the public know what is going on, maybe some class action lawsuits will come of it and the company will stop condoning this behavior and do something to any manager who practices this.

Wait what was I thinking? That has already happened and nothing got done. It's useless fighting this place.

Steward773

Sounds like you've got a bone to pick about a different situation and are using it to justify opposition to this one.

More power to you brother. We all know they're dishonest, stick it to them if that's what you feel you need to do.

I'm just fed up, this isn't the same company I started at...I know most of you that have time feel the same way, retirement can't come soon enough [emoji111]️️

Steward773

I agree with what both of you are saying but grieving the dishonesty will get you nothing. I say keep sheeting these missed as EC and let the public know what is going on, maybe some class action lawsuits will come of it and the company will stop condoning this behavior and do something to any manager who practices this.

Wait what was I thinking? That has already happened and nothing got done. It's useless fighting this place.

Yea, half the time I'm fighting the company, the other half I'm fighting the union...lol

UnconTROLLed

perfection
To me, the correct answer is to WAD "under protest" and immediately follow up with the local union.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep as soon as I say. "Why are you instructing me to falsify records?"

Suddenly the next message says sheet as missed lol.