Welcome to Stupid Saturday

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ah, the company calls it Super Saturday , in reality it is anything but.......
Please leave all stories about this day here .

Box Ox

I'm gonna pretend you're actually John Hammond welcoming me, Dr. Grant, to my (overtime pay) adventure in Jurassic Park. Will try to think of seeing my load for the first time as seeing that brontosauruses do move in herds. This is an exciting time, people!

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Im working inside and its pretty much a free for all. Only working until we get enough snow to go plow though. I have seen a pt sup once in the 2 hours I've been here.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I work in a small center and our sups are laid back but even here you would stay until the end of your shift.

We dont really have an "end of shift" on Saturdays. I made sure I clarified that before I decided to come in for a bit. If there was an end of shift I would not have come in for a few. Its not mandatory.

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
They told us all week they were going to try to save hours for a few people to run Saturday. We're drowning. I had 2 minutes to spare and no one had more than 30 minutes left to come in today. My sup will probably drive using another driver as a helper. We'll still be storing packages in someone's garage to store exploding volume until later...just kidding, we'll store them in the trucks that are broken down at the center.

P

pickup

Nothing like OT pay, hot coffee, no telematic discipline, and delivering what I want making for a fun easy Saturday in the snow.

Have fun but stay safe, you'll be sharing the snow filled road with drivers less skilled and less attentive than you.

Ghost in the Darkness

Yep. Amazon's "Buy by" day is Thursday for Saturday delivery with free 2 day Prime member shipping. Postal service isn't swallowing it all. We're on for sure.

Hahahaha... I love it. Out of DOT hours by Friday, more snow in the forecast, new helper everyday, rolling over stops, let Amazon get its way.... this is going to be an epic 'crash and burn'!!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hahahaha... I love it. Out of DOT hours by Friday, more snow in the forecast, new helper everyday, rolling over stops, let Amazon get its way.... this is going to be an epic 'crash and burn'!!!
But wait. It gets better. FedEx Ground is no longer guaranteeing Christmas delivery on anything shipped after yesterday. You know what that means....