Welfare

klein

Für Meno :)
What we should all be drinking. It says right on the box : "BC'S original Cider" !

307587.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's a review and it is alcoholic.......You said "cider" like it was an innocent juice drink.............The warning on it says, "Please enjoy reasonably.".

OK, not quite a peach cider, but more a peach flavoured cider, but I will let this slide. Yes, another review and another cider. That is two in a row.

The cider has a champagne-like pale color and a strong peach aroma, which reminds me of peach schnapps. The taste is much lighter and definitely not as sweet as peach schnapps. It is crisp with a strong peach flavour at the start and an acidic apple one at the end. The peach flavour comes back in the aftertaste and creates a very pleasant and refreshing sensation. The 7% ABV is not noticeable at first, but half way through the bottle, one starts to notice the alcohol flavour and effects.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I swear I am going to have the first of the month a permanent day off for me in my final years.. Starting next month.....I wont even go into the fraud and the abuse I saw just today in my own little corner of the world. Im glad they are all having a good day. Not the ones who worry about trying to find a job, the ones who never will even try.

The drug testing for welfare thing....It doesnt show much yet in FLA, but I think it will. Its like 2+2=4, you are on welfare, coz you are not working, you cant work if you are taking drugs, so you will never get off welfare. My husband gets tested monthly because he is on pain meds, and I PAY FOR IT. Whats the big deal about anyone in Fla having to pay for it!! If they are neg, they get a refund, I dont!!

Another thing that is really bugging me is the home schooling thing...I think home schooling is wonderful, although I could have done it reasonably well, but my children did fine in public school. My back is broke from all the "kits" I have been delivering. One house got 6!!!! Meaning they have 6 children, meaning every single one gets their own pc, their own monitor, printer, modem, and books, and their own internet access. This comes out of the money from public schools. aka our tax dollars.
My concern is Where I deliver them. Am I being judgemental? I dont care. if you are in your PJS at 3pm, if your lawn grass is 12 inches high, if your house smells like cat urine, and dog crap, and your kids are running around without diapers, and the 5 yr olds are still in diapers, if there is trash all over your yard, your best bud is smoking a doobie on the front porch, and you are yelling at your kids and calling them little m fers, should you really be home schooling the children? Especially if you never graduated the 9th grade yourself? Dont parent have to be tested before they can school? And what happens when after a yr, your child has not progressed? What happens to the pcs, and all the equipment, and textbooks? And what happens when these kids are 18 and cant get a job, since they have no education? Going to school and getting out of the house, learning a schedule, learning something, would be better than this.
Rant over. for now

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is the type of abuse that needs to stop........if tooner sees this, then times it by millions. There's money going to people who don't really need help, they are just lazy and addicted. Stop the payments. Stop the money. Put it back in the coffers.

They can go down to some office, get a broom or get a shovel or a weedwhacker and help clean the city to earn their welfare check. It's like a job, so they won't forget you have to work for your money. Guess what, a lot would still sit on their butts and whine.

stop the money, stop the waste, stop the fraud.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh and the newest, well maybe not the newest. My neighbor said when he went to college, they were doing it. Apply for you financial aid, go to class a few weeks, spend the money, quit, redo next yr. Our local University almost went on strike, the friday before opening day. People were screaming for them to go to work coz they need their aid. If they had struck the financial aid would not be passed out. One guy was screaming, I need that money, I got 6 kids, what does that have to do with the money for them to go to school. Yes you can use the extra for gas, a car, whatever, but it is suppose to be part of your educational need, but what happens when they do not complete, are they liable to give it back? After all it was a grant not a loan. it was taxpayer money!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama Admin Rewards Oregon With $5 Million “Bonus” For Adding More People To Food Stamp Rolls…

He’s not called the “food stamp president” for nothing.
(Judicial Watch) — In its quest to promote taxpayer-funded entitlement programs, the Obama Administration has actually rewarded one state with a $5 million bonus for its efficiency in adding food-stamp recipients to already bulging rolls.

It’s part of the administration’s campaign to eradicate “food insecure households” by improving access and increasing participation in the government’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Incidentally, the program was recently changed to SNAP to eliminate the stigma that comes with a name like food stamps. Just a few months ago the federal agency that administers the program, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), launched a multi-million-dollar initiative to recruit more food-stamp participants even though the number of recipients has skyrocketed in the last few years.

This week Oregon officials bragged that the USDA has given the state $5 million in “performance bonuses” for ensuring that people eligible for food benefits receive them and for its “swift processing of applications.” The money comes on the heels of a separate $1.5 million award from the feds for making “accurate payments of food stamp benefits to clients.” So welfare recipients are clients?

It marks the fifth consecutive year that Oregon has been “recognized” by the federal government for “exceptional administration” of the entitlement program, according to the announcement posted on the state’s Department of Human Services web site. The state official who runs SNAP assures that her staff will “continue working very hard to exceed expectations” so that Oregonians can “put healthy foods on their table quickly.”

Could this be why the number of food-stamp beneficiaries in Oregon has increased dramatically in the last few years? Since 2008 the state has seen a 60% boost in the number of food-stamp recipients, which means that more than 780,000 people (one out of five Oregonians) get groceries compliments of Uncle Sam.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well tomorrow is the day millions of people on welfare, will be having a grand old time. Its the first of the month, since the first falls on Saturday, it is the first of the month Friday. The few who deserve and need it, will be fighting the lines at the grocery store to buy food, pay their bills with money order purchases, and try to talk to the utility people to leave their lights, heat, phone on for just a little longer as they are diligently trying to find work. Its tough out there, really it is. the generational recipients dont have those mundane worries. They get their rent paid, they get help with utilities, they get their food given to them, they get a cheapo little cellphone, a life line.....what a joke. The truly deserving will wait behind the generational group buying cigarettes, and lottery, by the hundred dollar billfulls. The Cash advance, pawn shop/ with the internet gambling place will be undeliverable, I wont even try, unless its before noon.
The rest, the generational families, will be running to the store in droves, in their slippers and best pjs, to buy liquor, a new cellphone, get some weed from the guy down the street, and some high dollar steaks, ribs, chops, seafood, after all its their check.
I think 4 dollars of every 5 is wasted, its fraud, and It makes me ill to see it.
Your tax dollars at work, dont it make you proud.

wkmac

Congressional Welfare Statists

Posted by Laurence Vance on October 22, 2011 11:08 AM
The Senate recently voted, 84–15, to approve an amendment to an agriculture bill that would discontinue certain farm subsidies for people who have more than $1 million a year in adjusted gross income. The current limit is $1.2 million. Better, of course, to cut all the farm subsidies. Here are the "free market, limited government" Republicans in the Senate that voted against the amendment: Pat Roberts of KS, Saxby Chambliss of GA, Thad Cochran of MS, John Hoeven of ND, John Boozman of AR, Lamar Alexander of TN, Roy Blunt of MO, Jim Inhofe of OK, Johnny Isakson of GA, Jerry Moran of KS, Roger Wicker of MS.
Why didn't Republicans get rid of farm subsidies when they controlled the Congress under Clinton for six years? Why didn't Republicans get rid of farm subsidies when they controlled the Congress for over four years under Bush the Republican? Why aren't Republicans trying to get rid of all farm subsidies now? And you thought only Democrats were welfare statists.

wkmac

This story from Bloomberg just hit the wires this morning. Bank of America is shifting derivatives in its Merrill investment banking unit to its depository arm, which has access to the Fed discount window and is protected by the FDIC.

This means that the investment bank's European derivatives exposure is now backstopped by U.S. taxpayers. Bank of America didn't get regulatory approval to do this, they just did it at the request of frightened counterparties. Now the Fed and the FDIC are fighting as to whether this was sound. The Fed wants to "give relief" to the bank holding company, which is under heavy pressure.

This is a direct transfer of risk to the taxpayer done by the bank without approval by regulators and without public input. You will also read below that JP Morgan is apparently doing the same thing with $79 trillion of notional derivatives guaranteed by the FDIC and Federal Reserve.

What this means for you is that when Europe finally implodes and banks fail, U.S. taxpayers will hold the bag for trillions in CDS insurance contracts sold by Bank of America and JP Morgan. Even worse, the total exposure is unknown because Wall Street successfully lobbied during Dodd-Frank passage so that no central exchange would exist keeping track of net derivative exposure.

HOLY BAILOUT - Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Trillion Of Bank Of America's Derivatives�Trades - Home - The Daily Bail

klein

Mom shoots kids when denied food stamps

A Texas woman unable to qualify for food stamps for months walked into a state welfare office with a gun, then shot her two children and killed herself during a seven-hour standoff, officials said Tuesday.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Mom shoots kids when denied food stamps

A Texas woman unable to qualify for food stamps for months walked into a state welfare office with a gun, then shot her two children and killed herself during a seven-hour standoff, officials said Tuesday.

Very sad. I would think there is much more to this story than food stamps since she shot both her kids.

klein

Very sad. I would think there is much more to this story than food stamps since she shot both her kids.

It's called disperation !
She probably shot her 2 kids so they wouldn't grow up without their mother , or not knowing what would happen to them without her.

Very sad story, indeed. Damn Buerocrats !

over9five

Staff member
It's called disperation !
She probably shot her 2 kids so they wouldn't grow up without their mother , or not knowing what would happen to them without her.

Very sad story, indeed. Damn Buerocrats !
The only reason she shot her kids is because she was deranged.

klein

Anyways, it all could have been prevented with "social help".

Something, most on here don't understand and don't want to.