What’s your go to drink in the summer?

The Driver

I drive.
I have had some of that super beet juice. Not bad. I am a coffee man when I get up then water the rest of the day. Ice cold. When I can remember, I like to tablespoons of Braggs organice ACV mixed in water with a bit of honey.

There's science to support eating beets and/or drinking beet juice to stimulate nitric oxcide production throughout your arterial and vascular tree. Athletes are using this to improve their performance.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its in the 90's now so this is what I drink besides water. I fill a Nalgene bottle halfway with ice and then cram lemon slices down the side. Add more ice and then pour honey over that. This is healthy for your body, I'm getting picky about what I put in mine. Add a little water and stop about a half inch from where the neck starts. If you fill too high, the bottle will break when you freeze this solid overnight. I keep my drinks in an insulated lunchbox and I will refresh my Nalgene with bottled water as I drink it down, I have ice-cold drinks all day. I do the same thing with Power Beets mix, I prefer it flavored with Acai Berries and Pomegranate.

fullsizeoutput_cfc.jpeg

5Cube4Life

Usually 3-32oz bottles of Gatorade Zero/Powerade Zero and the same amount of water. Sometimes sub in Vitamin Water. An ice cold Arnold Palmer is good too.

LarryBird

Its in the 90's now so this is what I drink besides water. I fill a Nalgene bottle halfway with ice and then cram lemon slices down the side. Add more ice and then pour honey over that. This is healthy for your body, I'm getting picky about what I put in mine. Add a little water and stop about a half inch from where the neck starts. If you fill too high, the bottle will break when you freeze this solid overnight. I keep my drinks in an insulated lunchbox and I will refresh my Nalgene with bottled water as I drink it down, I have ice-cold drinks all day. I do the same thing with Power Beets mix, I prefer it flavored with Acai Berries and Pomegranate.

View attachment 249626
This sounds pretty tasty and refreshing. I am gonna have to try this out.

LarryBird

I usually stop drinking coffee once the weather breaks and switch to hot tea with lemon and honey in the morning before work/on the way to my area. Besides that I don't really have any one drink that I go to every single day. I will toss one of those lemon juice squeeze bottles in my bag and squirt some of that in ice water. Other times in the morning I'll make a couple half tea/half lemonades to bring. Sometimes I'll drink a Gatorade but I try to avoid drinking them too much and almost always keep it to a single 32 oz if I do choose this option. I definitely like to have an ice cold soda most days - Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, and 7up are my gotos and for whatever reason Mt. Dew (the nectar of the tards) just tastes particularly nice in the summer to me.

I live in a very humid area, so in the mid to late afternoon heat it's usually straight water, half a bottle to drink, the other half to dump over my head when if it's a real blazer.

I definitely drink quite a bit of fluids each day in the summer though, regardless of the combo. If I don't, I really feel it the next day and my piss looks like brown mustard.