What are my chances here.

Z

ZQXC

Fifty percent of all long term relationships will fail; if you continue with this one, you are adding layer upon layer of complexity to a "normal" shared life experience. Proceed with caution.

P

pickup

I have a problem with a US military serviceman establishing a relationship with a russian woman. As if we dont already have enough spies in this country already. Does anybody think anymore?

Foriegn countries are sending their women here for a reason, and it sure aint love.

What was wrong with american women bro?

TOS.

This from the guy who accuses everyone else of racism.

barnyard

KTM rider
Fifty percent of all long term relationships will fail; if you continue with this one, you are adding layer upon layer of complexity to a "normal" shared life experience. Proceed with caution.

You are wasting your breath.

The OP started essentially the same topic several months ago. This thread is going in the EXACT same direction of that one. I have no idea why the OP would start the same thread again, a couple of months later and be surprised that the answers are the same.

The knucklehead is strong in this one.

barnyard

KTM rider
Well deja vu then.

Hard to believe there is another service guy, in Iowa, asking about UPS and hours to bring their bride over from Russia.

I will give you the same advice I gave the other guy.

If you want a FT gig with UPS, go to the Bakkan oil shale in ND/Mt. UPS hires FT off the street. You'll be home every night, but you will be working more than 8 hours a day.

With all the licenses and experience that you have, it seems like you could easily get a FT gig with someone other than UPS.

Cyrex

If I did not just buy a house I would move. Also with my unit as is they are not going to let me transfer me so I would have to drive all the way to southern Iowa to get there.

About other jobs yea I could and plan to work them but they each cause some problems. I am already away from home a lot.
OTR job I consider but would need to quite it. Like I said when she get here for 6 months well she can not do much. She would be here in less then 4 to 6 months.
If UPS freight paid hourly I would consider it more.
Crane jobs small area completely full local would have to join a larger company that moves around a lot and stay on site for weeks to months.
The Army is already a burden on her I don't need to pile it up more.

Right now I do local pulling tractor trailer to hubs around Iowa doing M-friend day P/D . Pay's good $16 a hour starting but raises are little and really nothing other then health care and sub par retirement.
There is another job I am looking at pulling tanker for CHS have same thing UPS employes get.
I also sell Amsoil as well but not getting much out of that right now.

If I could at least get full time seasonal where they work me for some months, lay me off, come back again for a while, do the whole cycle again, that would be OK in my book as long as I could get my old job back. Then eventually get a full hire.

Then lol could open my own UPS store hahaha. This area could use one.

After talking with ESGR and head HR for central plains they are pretty much telling me I have good chance. The two people I know that work out the hub one as PDD the other feeder driver say I have a pretty good chance.
It seems they are on the 1 outside, nobody wants the job, or legally or for insurance reasons can not do the job.

Personally I would love to do the job even if they did not pay me as much as the rest of you get. It is everything I look for in a job.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You asked what your chances are,and here is my 2 pence: a snowball would fare a better chance in Hades than someone getting hired off the street into a FT position now. I wouldn't even hold my breath to get hired on asa PT employee.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seriously??

IM DEAD SERIOUS.

A US service member becoming involved with a foreign national has always led to problems. Generals are being fired for this very reason. If he was a civilian, then it wouldnt bother me at all, but as a service member, involving himself with a russian national compromises security clearances at every level.

There is a huge difference between a civilian and a government employee.

TOS.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I can't believe you are all falling for this BS. There a a few things that do not make sense and some that suggests he is an insider to UPS. I think he's getting a kick out of reeling you in.

Marne Vet

IM DEAD SERIOUS.

A US service member becoming involved with a foreign national has always led to problems. Generals are being fired for this very reason. If he was a civilian, then it wouldnt bother me at all, but as a service member, involving himself with a russian national compromises security clearances at every level.

There is a huge difference between a civilian and a government employee.

TOS.

I held a Top Secret Clearance due to my MOS, and I can assure you Mr. Troll, that everything you just wrote is fiction. Your ignorance is near mind-numbing.

TOS - Troll On Site

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The guy is a construction engineer in the army and he's looking to get out and find a job driving tractor trailers. If his gf is a spy she needs work on her target selection skills. Just sayin.

Cyrex

In some cases depending where she is from you lose you clearance. We had a E7 in ops who who he meat his wife in college. However, she lived in the US years before she went to college. Anyways when he went to renew his clearance they said no and the reason was becaues she was from Moscow.
Go a few years down the road they let him have it again and then few more years offered a MOS for a warrant officer becaues he was only 1 of 2 people in the Army that had what they needed.
It really depends on where the person is from, how the relationship is, whats you position.

I am not going to go into how long I known her and how we meet. If there was a problem she never would have passed the background cheeks. She is from a area that is no know for much. I am able to keep my secret clearance. The people who did he background was given all the information I have on her including all transcripts between us and the same for when I did my clearance again.
The Army when I went there was notified where I would be, when, and how long. Shortly before I left both times I had long brief and upon return had a debrief. How spies operate there, how the mafia operates there, how security works there, don't let them know about you military background, other stuff.
The thing about that is they should know anyways becaues its on you visa question regarding weapons.
Also top it all of every year the unit does training every year about what to look for in espionage, territories, avoid being target, you get the point.

Really there is no need to go nuts over it. Everything has been checked, double checked, cross referenced, things considered, all came up good.

UPSGUY72

In some cases depending where she is from you lose you clearance. We had a E7 in ops who who he meat his wife in college. However, she lived in the US years before she went to college. Anyways when he went to renew his clearance they said no and the reason was becaues she was from Moscow.
Go a few years down the road they let him have it again and then few more years offered a MOS for a warrant officer becaues he was only 1 of 2 people in the Army that had what they needed.
It really depends on where the person is from, how the relationship is, whats you position.

I am not going to go into how long I known her and how we meet. If there was a problem she never would have passed the background cheeks. She is from a area that is no know for much. I am able to keep my secret clearance. The people who did he background was given all the information I have on her including all transcripts between us and the same for when I did my clearance again.
The Army when I went there was notified where I would be, when, and how long. Shortly before I left both times I had long brief and upon return had a debrief. How spies operate there, how the mafia operates there, how security works there, don't let them know about you military background, other stuff.
The thing about that is they should know anyways becaues its on you visa question regarding weapons.
Also top it all of every year the unit does training every year about what to look for in espionage, territories, avoid being target, you get the point.

Really there is no need to go nuts over it. Everything has been checked, double checked, cross referenced, things considered, all came up good.

I was a Army Helicopter pilot CW2 stationed in S. Korea for 2 years I also had a Secret clearance. I know the routine seen plenty of South Korean marry GI's even ones with "secret and even TOP secret clearances without any back ground checks" only to get divorced once they were in the US.

Cyrex

No, I am not in the show. I just saw commercials for it 3 days ago.

I was putting in my packet to fly for the Army but things are a lot more difficult now days to get there. I just said screw after I thought about it some more. If I got my med issues fully fixed it is still a option.
I knew one guy from FB he went to flight school and never flew for the Army after that. I know a guy got approved and went to W.O.C and it took him 5 before he even made it to flight school. Now I got a guy in my unit who is trying to get in. My CW3 told him if you are not getting 290's every PT test don't even show up. Then I told him that Reserves and NG get priority slots for schools over active duty becaues they don't have the budget to pay then for 6 years so you always get pushed.

I know its been said before "she wont leave me". I have considered she might but I just don't see it.
She has a good life and no reason to leave other then for me. When I was there I did not find anything that pointed to her being something else either.

UPSGUY72

No, I am not in the show. I just saw commercials for it 3 days ago.

I was putting in my packet to fly for the Army but things are a lot more difficult now days to get there. I just said screw after I thought about it some more. If I got my med issues fully fixed it is still a option.
I knew one guy from FB he went to flight school and never flew for the Army after that. I know a guy got approved and went to W.O.C and it took him 5 before he even made it to flight school. Now I got a guy in my unit who is trying to get in. My CW3 told him if you are not getting 290's every PT test don't even show up. Then I told him that Reserves and NG get priority slots for schools over active duty becaues they don't have the budget to pay then for 6 years so you always get pushed.

I know its been said before "she wont leave me". I have considered she might but I just don't see it.
She has a good life and no reason to leave other then for me. When I was there I did not find anything that pointed to her being something else either.

I was High school to flight school. Making through WOC isn't physical it's 95 percent mental. It's called suck it up and do what your told and not be a quitter...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I didn't actually see a question in that big long post so I'll make a statement based on what I read. The package driver job would have been a seasonal casual job ending now. When they said they could talk to you in the spring it would be about when we use temporary casual drivers for the summer.

To land a permanent driver job you usually have to put in years part time first (unless you live in upstate NY).
It also happens occasionally in WI.

Y