What are some other good union jobs?

YourCO

It my mind it seems impossible that I'll make it to retirement doing this job, at least with my health and family fully intact. On the other hand, I know how bad it is out there without a union to have your back.

What're some other good union jobs that you know of, regardless of whether they're within or without UPS and the Teamsters?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It my mind it seems impossible that I'll make it to retirement doing this job, at least with my health and family fully intact. On the other hand, I know how bad it is out there without a union to have your back.

What're some other good union jobs that you know of, regardless of whether they're within or without UPS and the Teamsters?
Why do you think it’s impossible?

Trailer monkey

What do you do now, package car?

YourCO

Airlines, railroad, gas & oil, power utility, mechanic and government all have their benefits.
I'm in one of the lowest union density RTW states, so unfortunately a couple of these don't even apply here. Govt employees aren't even allowed to collectively bargain.

Trailer monkey

Just about any union job as a new hire is going kick the crap out of you. If you cannot physically do your current job because of chronic pain or an ongoing illness, it's possible you could get an ADA accommodation for light duty in the hub. Is feeders an option for you?