What are you partners gaining?

Integrity

Binge Poster
With your permission, then:

This reluctance is just human nature to avoid responsibility and to "not get in trouble". I don't think management I have known over the years would try to keep someone from reporting a "significant" injury.

Some people want to report "injuries" when they scrap their hand and it bleeds. Some people want to report a sore back as an injury when sore muscles are part of performing manual labor. I know the times I have had a sore back, it was because I was not bending my knees and lifting with a straight back. That is why it is important to work using safe work methods and not let a supe badger one into working too fast or taking shortcuts. Safe working ultimately is the responsibility of each individual.
Insincerity,

Not all management have the best interests of the company or the employees in mind. Some are not honest are just out for themselves.

What do you say about a manager who would ask a part-time sup to go for treatment from and injury and say that the injury happened at home?

Sincerely,
I

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
Insincerity,

Not all management have the best interests of the company or the employees in mind. Some are not honest are just out for themselves.

What do you say about a manager who would ask a part-time sup to go for treatment from and injury and say that the injury happened at home?

Sincerely,
I
I would like to ask the P/T sup what type of injury he/she has and whether they understood that if there were long-term effects of the injury, they would not have access to workers compensation benefits.

A management person probably gets paid regardless and since there are no attendance records, the P/T sup gets paid and has full insurance benefits. The P/T sup has something on the manager at this point.

I would ask the manager if he/she would really want to take this risk. It could blow-up in his/her face since the P/T sup could change their story at any point.

blkmamba

Insincerity,

Sincerely,
I

Happens all the time

over9five

Staff member
Insincerity,

Sincerely,
I

I would say the part-time sup has committed a fraudulent act against his insurance company. Anyone who knows of specific examples of this should call that insurance company and report it.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Insincerity,

Sincerely,
I
I'd advise the PT sup to request that the instruction be sent via email.

brownIEman

Insincerity,

Sincerely,
I

That is a no brainer question. The PT Sup should tell the manager no thanks, do the right thing and be prepared for the in depth investigation into how he came to be injured.

Does this happen? As was pointed out, all the time. Percentage wise, it is actually quite rare- most managers are not this stupid.

I could ask you the same agenda ridden question in reverse. What would you say to an hourly employee who torques his knee badly playing basketball on Sunday, then grits down the
pain to walk into preload Monday morning and 5 minutes into the sort comes hopping out of his truck crying about his injury. Presto, workmen's comp for weeks and UPS is 100% on the hook for
the reconstructive surgery, no deductibles co-pays or anything else.

Happens all the time. Is it a large percentage of employees doing it? No. But with hundreds of thousands of employees it is enough to happen all the time.

This thread is a loaded debate with a predetermined obvious answer. You may as well have asked "Hey partners, when did you stop beating your wife?"

You are not really asking a question. You are making accusations. You are accusing management of something you are convinced all management do. Further,

you are so emotionally tied to your believe, you actually WANT all management to be this morally bankrupt so that you can continue to feel superior, that no amount

of rational debate has any chance of budging you off your world view.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
That is a no brainer question. The PT Sup should tell the manager no thanks, do the right thing and be prepared for the in depth investigation into how he came to be injured.

Does this happen? As was pointed out, all the time. Percentage wise, it is actually quite rare- most managers are not this stupid.

I could ask you the same agenda ridden question in reverse. What would you say to an hourly employee who torques his knee badly playing basketball on Sunday, then grits down the
pain to walk into preload Monday morning and 5 minutes into the sort comes hopping out of his truck crying about his injury. Presto, workmen's comp for weeks and UPS is 100% on the hook for
the reconstructive surgery, no deductibles co-pays or anything else.

Happens all the time. Is it a large percentage of employees doing it? No. But with hundreds of thousands of employees it is enough to happen all the time.

This thread is a loaded debate with a predetermined obvious answer. You may as well have asked "Hey partners, when did you stop beating your wife?"

You are not really asking a question. You are making accusations. You are accusing management of something you are convinced all management do. Further,

you are so emotionally tied to your believe, you actually WANT all management to be this morally bankrupt so that you can continue to feel superior, that no amount

of rational debate has any chance of budging you off your world view.
brownIEman,

This would seem like a no brainer but in truth the part-time supervisor position is full of young people, it is not so easy for young people to stand up for themselves nowadays.

Even if rare don't you think that attempts must be made to stop it.

Worker's Compensation fraud is a crime and must be treated as such. I believe both of theses case involve insurance fraud and are a crime.

I know it is a loaded debate, discussion with an obvious answer because the conduct is so wrong however I know not all management do this. I never implied all management do this.

What I'm trying to get at is the general culture that exists in the company. I know it is difficult but the old theory of change is that until you admit there is a problem then you really aren't in the market for a solution.

It is my hopes that all management of all corporations become moral champions and start working from the core, integrity.

I appreciate your thoughtful response and contribution to this thread.

Sincerely,
I

blkmamba

brownIEman,

This would seem like a no brainer but in truth the part-time supervisor position is full of young people, it is not so easy for young people to stand up for themselves nowadays.

Even if rare don't you think that attempts must be made to stop it.

Worker's Compensation fraud is a crime and must be treated as such. I believe both of theses case involve insurance fraud and are a crime.

I know it is a loaded debate, discussion with an obvious answer because the conduct is so wrong however I know not all management do this. I never implied all management do this.

What I'm trying to get at is the general culture that exists in the company. I know it is difficult but the old theory of change is that until you admit there is a problem then you really aren't in the market for a solution.

It is my hopes that all management of all corporations become moral champions and start working from the core, integrity.

I appreciate your thoughtful response and contribution to this thread.

Sincerely,
I

As much as I don't want to admit this, Integrity is correct. At least at the building I worked at this seemed to be the norm. Those who do stand up for themselves face consequences.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
Insincerity,

Sincerely,
I

It appears to me that you are imposing your worldview and desires on other people, here and on most of your posts. Anybody that does not have their own best interests in mind are stupid or an idiot. I run away from anyone that sincerely has other people's best interests in mind ... these type of people are total losers and they will only drag you down. Almost everyone who says they have someone else's best interests in mind are just liars and these are easy to deal with because you know they are BSing you and you can protect yourself because you know they are actually out for no one but themselves. They don't care if it helps you as long as it actually meets their own needs and desires.
I see this trait in management and drivers alike but mostly in drivers as they try to shuck off splits and out of the way stops and pickups. I just cut these drivers off and tell them to keep their BS to themselves and take care of the stops. I generally think management is generally more honest than drivers since management just tells me to do it while drivers BS me trying to get what they want.

All in all though, most people are honest; Honest to themselves and that is all that matters. Most people see dishonesty when others don't do what they want or don't do what they think they should do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As much as I don't want to admit this, Integrity is correct. At least at the building I worked at this seemed to be the norm. Those who do stand up for themselves face consequences.

Those that do not face consequences as well.
No one respects them and then they most likely they quit and then feel bitter about the lost opportunity.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
There isn't any Sup or Manager that WANTS to deal with an injury. But it is part of the job. I am sure that some people report injuries that didn't occur at work, but that shouldn't be "taken out" on the people who have legitimate work injuries.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
There isn't any Sup or Manager that WANTS to deal with an injury. But it is part of the job. I am sure that some people report injuries that didn't occur at work, but that shouldn't be "taken out" on the people who have legitimate work injuries.

I believe you are correct and not reporting an injury is in their best interests. If I am injured, I make sure I impress on my management that this is not trivial and I want a injury report filled out. I've never had a problem getting an injury reported. I have asked for a band-aid with some minor cuts and was given them. It never occurred to me I should have reported these as injuries.
I also understand that if I fill out an injury report, I will get SWM training and follow up to insure I know how to work safely. The knowledge of that eventuality does enter into my decision to fill out an Injury Report.