What are you ranked?

mikeb

tnbrown
The new thing this year in Tenn is all drivers are now being ranked. There is a weekly ranking and a year end ranking. There are over 1,500 drivers in Tenn and I was 1,100 or so. You are ranked on all types of criteria: late airs, missed, AM and PM time, over 9.5, over allowed, etc. I was in the bottom 10 in my center so my center manager had a "talk" with me. I noticed the top 2 drivers in my center were the ones who always skip their lunch and are in by 4:30. I told my center manager at least I wasnt last. Any other states or centers doing this?

danlin

I tell my supes all the time.... I brought my pkg car back in one piece, I brought my body back in one piece, and my customers are happy.
So I am number one.

Overpaid Union Thug

The new thing this year in Tenn is all drivers are now being ranked. There is a weekly ranking and a year end ranking. There are over 1,500 drivers in Tenn and I was 1,100 or so. You are ranked on all types of criteria: late airs, missed, AM and PM time, over 9.5, over allowed, etc. I was in the bottom 10 in my center so my center manager had a "talk" with me. I noticed the top 2 drivers in my center were the ones who always skip their lunch and are in by 4:30. I told my center manager at least I wasnt last. Any other states or centers doing this?

I was ranked in the 600s in Tennessee. The whole thing is BS. The stats aren't even correct for everyone. I initially wasn't interested in seeing my ranking but changed my mind and looked just for sh#$ts and giggles. Kind of like why I look at the OR each morning. Some of us were dinged for late air that never even happened. And AM and PM time isn't always under our control but its counted anyway. This is just another one of the many numbers games management will try and play with us. The best way to avoid losing is to just not play. I'm with CACHSUX. Who cares? I know the customers don't.

UPSGUY72

I wouldn't give a rats a-- where I ranked. I try to work the methods and get home the same way I left home alive and in one piece so I can be a father to my kids and a husband to my wife.

Next time your center manager wants to have a talk with you about your "Ranking" make sure your union steward is there to laugh at him.

mikeb

tnbrown
The number of SOLD sales leads was also a major criteria and I hadn't had any which brought my ranking down considerably. the problem is that these rankings don't measure things drivers do everyday to make service. Like breaking trace to make that business stop that would be missed otherwise;running misloads; meeting customers on your route; taking a pkg to someones job rather than their home to save miles, just to name a few.

Overpaid Union Thug

The number of SOLD sales leads was also a major criteria and I hadn't had any which brought my ranking down considerably. the problem is that these rankings don't measure things drivers do everyday to make service. Like breaking trace to make that business stop that would be missed otherwise;running misloads; meeting customers on your route; taking a pkg to someones job rather than their home to save miles, just to name a few.

Same here. I refuse to participate in sales leads because our sales team screws them up. Its makes me look bad to submit them if the sales rep won't even follow through or won't return the would be customer's calls. You know what really needs to be ranked? Dispatchers! You should see the dispatches we've been getting lately.