What beer are you drinking now?

542thruNthru

Happy Friday. Ale Smith. 394 Pale Ale
20190201_135800.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You and @joeboodog will have to send me a list of a few breweries you like in OH. It will make my research a little easier. :)
Where should I start? The major players in the Cleveland area are Great Lakes Brewing, Fat Heads Brewing, and Thirsty Dog. There are a ton of smaller players that also make some fine beers. In Columbus, Columbus Brewing is tops with Brew Dog making some in roads. In Cincinnati, Rhinegeist is huge. Another brewery to keep an eye out for is Jackie O's from Athens Oh.

542thruNthru

Where should I start? The major players in the Cleveland area are Great Lakes Brewing, Fat Heads Brewing, and Thirsty Dog. There are a ton of smaller players that also make some fine beers. In Columbus, Columbus Brewing is tops with Brew Dog making some in roads. In Cincinnati, Rhinegeist is huge. Another brewery to keep an eye out for is Jackie O's from Athens Oh.

Thanks, having some inside information helps. I'm a big IPA guy but do enjoy others and it helps having a starting point.

joeboodog

Thanks, having some inside information helps. I'm a big IPA guy but do enjoy others and it helps having a starting point.
Great Lakes is like our Sam Adams. Huge but doesn't take many chances. Fat Heads is more adventurous. Hop Juju is a world class IPA. If you ever see any beer from the NEO out your way, let me know. I take great pride in our local breweries.

542thruNthru

Great Lakes is like our Sam Adams. Huge but doesn't take many chances. Fat Heads is more adventurous. Hop Juju is a world class IPA. If you ever see any beer from the NEO out your way, let me know. I take great pride in our local breweries.

To be honest only beer I see from OH is Great Lakes and I'm not a big fan. I do like Fat Head, ive had it in PA. I'm excited to try some new breweries if @BakerMayfield2018 actually takes me up on my offer. If he doesn't I'd be happy to send you some instead. We have a ton of breweries in San Diego.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
To be honest only beer I see from OH is Great Lakes and I'm not a big fan. I do like Fat Head, ive had it in PA. I'm excited to try some new breweries if @BakerMayfield2018 actually takes me up on my offer. If he doesn't I'd be happy to send you some instead. We have a ton of breweries in San Diego.
I’d like to get in on this. Only problem I see, a lot of my favorite local breweries don’t pasteurize their beer, and it needs to stay cold.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Another really good one is Royal Docks Brewing. Having one of there stouts right now. It’s insane good. @joeboodog can verify
813C7E98-9DAD-457D-87FC-253E3CC25B0D.jpeg
40EB3976-6094-4B88-9FDA-73E1300970AB.jpeg
i k
813C7E98-9DAD-457D-87FC-253E3CC25B0D.jpeg
40EB3976-6094-4B88-9FDA-73E1300970AB.jpeg
i know you prefer ipa’s that’s why I said we will do it in a couple weeks because that’s when fat heads releases my favorite double ipa. 100 rating on most all beer sites it’s called hop Ju Ju. I was gonna get you that 4 shure. Do you like stouts/ porters? Or should I just foucus in the ipa’s , which there are plenty of, and won’t be a problem such as brew kettle’s white rajah !! Among many others. I’m gonna hook u up. Forgetaboutit (ps Great Lakes fell off years ago. I might buy 2 6 packs of there beer in a whole year )

joeboodog

Another really good one is Royal Docks Brewing. Having one of there stouts right now. It’s insane good. @joeboodog can verify View attachment 233883View attachment 233884i kView attachment 233883 View attachment 233884 i know you prefer ipa’s that’s why I said we will do it in a couple weeks because that’s when fat heads releases my favorite double ipa. 100 rating on most all beer sites it’s called hop Ju Ju. I was gonna get you that 4 shure. Do you like stouts/ porters? Or should I just foucus in the ipa’s , which there are plenty of, and won’t be a problem such as brew kettle’s white rajah !! Among many others. I’m gonna hook u up. Forgetaboutit (ps Great Lakes fell off years ago. I might buy 2 6 packs of there beer in a whole year )
Royal Docks is perhaps my favorite brewery. They have amazing beers and one of the best tap rooms. Can't wait until Backyard Crusher hits the shelfs.

joeboodog

The only two Great Lakes offerings I enjoy are Conways Irish Ale and Blackout Stout. The rest are fall back beers.