What can 83 cents an hour buy you? A UPS-Teamster contract

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Jun 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

What can 83 cents an hour buy you? A UPS-Teamster contract - Supply Chain Quarterly

Will 83 cents move the needle for more than a quarter of a million UPS Teamsters?

That is the annualized hourly wage increase, spread out over 5 years, that full-time unionized UPS workers would receive if Teamster members ratify a tentative contract agreed to last Thursday by the company and union leaders. The proposal calls for full-time hourly wages to rise by $4.15 an hour over the life of the contract, which would take effect Aug. 1 and run through the end of July 2023. Full-timers would thus receive an 83 cents-an-hour wage hike on each contract anniversary date.

2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Less then inflation
    Vote no

3. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

My expenses don’t increase by $1700 every year.

4. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

i voted yes already

5. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

inflation rate is a lot more than they say it is. they don't factor in all sectors of the economy.

6. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Mine do. I have kids

7. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

Me too. When you factor in the cost of groceries, utilities, property taxes, gasoline, insurance, and clothes for four people it's not far off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Future

Future Victory Ride

9. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you ok, you are not posting anything

10. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Insurance and clothing hasn’t really gone up in maybe 20 years.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

12. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

They will if more countries impose tariffs and go along with this trade war we are getting into.

13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Maybe... Im not much into fear mongering.

14. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Well whatever it is you are doing to keep your expenses from increasing $1700, I applaud you and would like to know your secret. Just since June 1st, my expenses have increased $3.50 a week for gas in the car.

15. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Buy it by the barrel.....do you keep track of when prices go down, then average them out? I don’t consume much. The wife? That’s another story. My biggest expense increase comes from R E taxes. Although I did spend $1800 in fuel, oil,
    Filters in June. But that was a luxury expence.

16. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

How do you buy gas by the barrel wise guy?

17. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Who needs insurance and the Goodwill is just down the street..Problem solved.

18. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

When you get older insurance gets cheaper. Have always got the kids’ clothes at good will.

19. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

That may be true for car insurance, but my homeowner's insurance has never gone down (without me changing companies).

20. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

you put a barrel in the back of your truck. when prices are cheap you fill it up.